Hamlet will be a good educational game for Children

As I was discussing the currency system with my father to my walk to the library, I realized how good this dlc will be for children. Teaching them about government, economics, and classism on a rudimentary level. I know this sounds way out there but I think parents will have a fun time teaching their children with this game.

Just now, Szczuku said:

Ah yes. The ol' "Pick up crap and you'll be rich", or "Kill authorities to steal some berries", OR "Sell stuff to random strangers on the streat"

But despite that, yeah maybe you're right

Don't forget about the the hate on furries portraited by all the creature ganging up on Webber

How about picking feathers from tasty "globber" and make them naked

so you can make 2 oincs for each feather, craft hats and feel fashion

How could you let children learn to bully those poor animals chill at night

while they enjoying their delicious dinner at Derli:(

I like Klei and their games, but no, they aren't good for children. They just aren't as bad as other games are.

If you want your children to develop properly I'd suggest against games, tablets with cartoons and all that things some "modern" parents do.

There has actually almost ZERO realism in this game. Nothing you actually do to survive could actually be used in a survival situation, and the economics of "Pigs give me money" is even less realistic.

I imagine this game will be shut down one day after its discovered a hardcore player died from eating red berries while lost in the woods.. or eating uncooked bird meat because they thought there'd only be a sanity loss.

I actually gave this game to a 7 year old and he flat out asked me if grass + twigs = fire in real life... and I was like "Its a little more complicated than that"

9 hours ago, magia said:

I like Klei and their games, but no, they aren't good for children. They just aren't as bad as other games are.

If you want your children to develop properly I'd suggest against games, tablets with cartoons and all that things some "modern" parents do.

Have you ever played ONI? It could be very appealing to children.

4 hours ago, TheUnforgivingBR said:

Have you ever played ONI? It could be very appealing to children.

Haven't played it, but you are probably reffering to some IRL values present in the game? The point stands, not as bad as other games but why would I make child play video game in the first place. Also, the fact that candies are very appealing to children doesent make them healthy.

One of my kids used to play an age-appropriate game when he was in elementary school -- I think it was Cluefinders.  Different CD's, each one sends of a group of kids off on a different adventure in which they have to solve a bunch of math puzzles to finish the adventure.  

Archived