Walrus people (MacTusk.jpg)

are they going to be neutral? or are they going to hunt you? do they have trained hounds that can resist the temptations of meat in the ground?, are they going to have spears and you will have to fight them when they run out of hounds? , well, can't wait to pwn those guys, oh also didn't see that coming i thought it was you hunting for walruses, but it is walruses hunting for you, we'll see who hunts wholink: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/sites/default/files/MacTusk.jpg

I think they're called "Walrus hunting party" so it's clearly not you hunting for them. I'd assume that they will let the hounds attack you first, then maybe they'll start throwing spears at you and eventually engage you into melee, who knows, they might even drop spears upon death and finally there'd be a way to renew weapons. Considering that they're 2 of them, especially a dad and son, maybe upon the death of one of them, the other walrus will get angry or something? Maybe stun you or knock you away.EDIT: I checked the image again, is the daddy holding a dart?

also maybe they don't die and just run away until they jump into the water or into a worm hole and simply dissapear until the next winter

Kevin mentioned that they'll stalk you so yeah, I doubt you can escape a fight with them, and I'm pretty sure they'll use fire darts or maybe even a new type of dart since the sleeping one might be a little bit too op for a mob to handle...

Kevin has mentioned several times that these fine people (or walrusses) are going to hunt you down for the pure fun, and that they are almost invincible.He said that one of the creatures is going to be nearly invincible, later stated that it's not the deerclops, and it's pretty unlikely that the ice hounds are going to be so hard to deal with.Also, on adventure mode, you start off in winter in the later levels, while the deerclops and the walrusses hunt you, while you just run and search the teleportato pieces.So yeah, all in all, winter is going to add some serious difficulty to the game.

plus making it invincible is not very fair, you know, the game HAS to be hard, but when its supposed to kill you in an exact time, its not fun anymore, the game (at least on sandbox) should let you survive as for many days you want if you have the skills to do it, if the walrus is nearly invincible, AND winter will at least last dor 5 days, you would be insta-killed in the nights, it is just overpowered, hope they fix it in another mini-build

plus making it invincible is not very fair, you know, the game HAS to be hard, but when its supposed to kill you in an exact time, its not fun anymore, the game (at least on sandbox) should let you survive as for many days you want if you have the skills to do it, if the walrus is nearly invincible, AND winter will at least last dor 5 days, you would be insta-killed in the nights, it is just overpowered, hope they fix it in another mini-build

NEARLY invincible, people should learn to play this game and it doesn't require "skill" at all, you just have to know what and when to do, especially when getting into a battle. I also doubt winter will last 5 days, I'd say 10. And also, not every mob is affected by the pan flute.

NEARLY invincible, people should learn to play this game and it doesn't require "skill" at all, you just have to know what and when to do, especially when getting into a battle. I also doubt winter will last 5 days, I'd say 10. And also, not every mob is affected by the pan flute.

Krampus is, Pigs are, Tallbird is, Night creatures arent because they exist in another moment in time and space and just manifest themselves in the world, tentacle isn't because it is not a creature, it is PART of a creature, even spider queens do sleep, AND optimus pine won't sleep because he is a tree, plus, dying in winter inmediately every time wouldn't be fun, at least for me, if you want the game to be so hard that you will always die, well it's your opinion, tell the devs to turn turn the game into "battletoads" if you want

The walrusses aren't invincible, but they get really sad when you kill one of them.Deerclops isn't invincible either, but he doesn't really give you a sporting chance, what with the stomping and all.

Bring it on Deerclops >8)

Seriously Kevin? Mourning one another? Or deerclops storms? Like Silvi said, bring it on. Also for this, i'm still talking to you silvi, I swear you never sleep,your post count just keeps going up everyday,maybe you are a real robot

Edited by MisterLock

The walrusses aren't invincible, but they get really sad when you kill one of them.Deerclops isn't invincible either, but he doesn't really give you a sporting chance, what with the stomping and all.

they are father and sonfather and songet really sadsadSADDAD.post-7119-13764591342142_thumb.jpg Edited by gpmandaXD

why would you be insta killed in the nights?you can just run away with torches and miners hat.i love the concept of running away from something.. coz up to now,all the mobs can be killed without being hit at all..i feel like i'm the bad guy killing all creatures on the island..i think its about time to put the "run-away or die!" option on us survivors...not the "kill'em all one by one or leave'em be!"

Yes! I knew it that the father-son bond is special. :D

stomps will prolly stun wilson for a brief moment!i think when kevin meant "sad" -he means "bloodthirsty for vengeance!"

Well we'll see who's running away from who when I got 15 Pigs with Football Helmets at my side.

aaaaand it's dusk...and maybe a fullmoon. [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] what about hibernation? Will there be any for pigs and beefalos and the rest?