Dank Art and Jokes [Dragonheadskilax]

I hope my comment didn't come across as attacking her. I'll make sure not to make references to other artists in the future when it comes to talking about her art.:wilson_cry:

All I said is that Wilson reminded me of Frumplequest from Ukinojoe, I never meant to hurt her.

Those backgrounds look pretty!

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I hope my comment didn't come across as attacking her. I'll make sure not to make references to other artists in the future when it comes to talking about her art.:wilson_cry:

All I said is that Wilson reminded me of Frumplequest from Ukinojoe, I never meant to hurt her.

Those backgrounds look pretty!

Ppfff that wasn't the comment that bothered her, Jim got other kinds of comments like "horrendous" and "butchered" the characters.  

• Like 1

If I may be honest, I don't necessarily "like" Jimmy's style, but I can appreciate and respect it. It's really original and unique, I'm glad to see she took some liberties with the colour palette-- she has far more courage in that field than many artists do (myself included). Just because it's Don't Starve characters and whatnot, that does not mean it MUST be in the DS style. It's not like it's an official game, so the artist is very much allowed to draw however they like. You hit the nail on the head with your little "creativity" rant.

The same people who are criticizing Jimmy's style are the ones who love DS for it's unique look. The fact that it was not something done to death, like pixel art or something. Oh look! Jimmy did the exact same thing--create a new style. They are both the same in that regard. They are very visually different from one another, sure, but that does not make one style objectively better. What I can say, however, is that Jimmy does what she does very well.

And besides, Wilson's lashes are fabulous and that's a surprisingly good look for him, something I definitely wouldn't have thought of myself. My interpretation of the character is different, and neither interpretation is more right than the other.

I don't know if I actually added to the conversation at all, but anyway, I can recognise Jimmy's art as good even if I don't really like it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Please coerce them to make a thread, I'd definitely be a cheerleader for their art just like you.

What a wide variety of styles!

Er... Is that last one based after the culinarian skins leak?

Jim is just too terribly shy to show all her work in public but I'll try to convince her to make an account.

And ye.,, snack man

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SDragonhead said:

Ppfff that wasn't the comment that bothered her, Jim got other kinds of comments like "horrendous" and "butchered" the characters.  

I saw a couple of them in a screenshot and was horrified. You tell her that I love the art style and would LOVE to play that game when it's completed ^_^

The devs also love fan-made content so it's even more reason for her to join the forums. And Mines is right about these forums being way more supportive and encouraging than other social medias. Trolls and salty people will always exist but not so much on this forum (least not in the art sections :p and if someone wants to insult their art, they can go suck an egg!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I did a double take with Sammy. In the trailer he wore a derby, so I thought you unintentionally turned me into a merm.:wilson_ecstatic:

Nice job showing more of Mumsy's femininity.

Hppppp Well Sammy's hat has indentations on it so it looks more like a grizum hat than a derby

IMG_5796.PNG

IMG_5904.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

And ye I noticed quite a few people kept saying 'goat boys' but due to how Mumsy moves she's more like a motherly figure, just doesn't have 'obviously feminine' features other than some accessories and way of putting her hooves together.

Also heres a speedpaint 

Oh and those 'Cool Wes' draws I did are on my Redbubble if anyone wants to get it as a neato sticker or somethin'

https://www.redbubble.com/people/sdragonhead/works/31791934-cool-mime?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

https://www.redbubble.com/people/sdragonhead/works/31791848-sweet-mime?asc=u

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2018 at 2:51 PM, SDragonhead said:

IMG_9453.PNG

I like how we see a glimpse of the city before it was destroyed.

23 hours ago, SDragonhead said:

IMG_9452.PNG

I like the contrast between cartoony and realistic. Also interesting how the merms fins resemble Wes' hair ^_^

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 5:45 PM, SDragonhead said:

Yeehaw its time to show my own arts now. Heres Swamp Pig, Mumsy, Billiam, Pipton and Sammy. 

IMG_9406.PNG

IMG_9399.PNG

IMG_9394.PNG

I always love how detailed your art gets *swoons* Just the lineart alone stands out so much; it's gorgeous u o u

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, SDragonhead said:

I've thought about how what if the type of craving the Gnaw has is determined by what kind of teeth is bared out most IMG_9453.PNG

On 6/19/2018 at 8:21 PM, SDragonhead said:
  1. IMG_9437.PNGIMG_9454.PNG
  2. IMG_9452.PNG
  1. I saw the top three on twitter! You're such a excellent artist.
  2. Have you thought of doing a "Shape of Water" poster parody with this version of Wes?:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1