In Memoriam: Robin Williams

the truthseeker

Robin Williams was found dead in his home Monday August 11, 2014.

He (as of recently) had major problems with substance abuse and (bipolar) depression (again;) he has struggled with these all his life.

There simply are no words for the magic that man could create from seemingly nothing from comedy to performed emotions felt and shared.

I won't go into details, but I grew up watching the entertainment industry as a family member of somebody who worked in that field.

This means I saw the rise (and fall) of many writers, producers, directors and actors. Mainly in movies, but this also included other fields. 

This included a writer for this silly little spin off television show for ABC called "Mork and Mindy."

There was no question about the young actor's talent and energy, even though I never met the man or spoke to him (then. Ironically when I did retail a couple of lifetimes ago, i helped him, although briefly.)  

Over the years, I saw the trend of comedians who became actors (and many who thought they could aact but were funnier trying that than their day jobs being a comedian....) and if I ever were to choose my favorite actor from being a comedian, it was him. To this day, one of my favorite movies is "Moscow on the Hudson." it showed a surprising talent which I have enjoyed him show over the decades, even if not all the time. (I absolutely hated "The Crazy Ones" for example.) 

All this written, he battled against the demons of success and coping, the before mentioned drugs and depression ever a constant potential trigger. 

At the time of this posting, it is too early to say if this death was a suicide (which is potentially suspected) or something along the lines of how we lost Heath Ledger or Brittany Murphy.  (edit: after 11 AM PDT 4/12/14) it is tragically clear from the press conference  he horizontally hung himself  with a belt and a doorframe. 

No matter what this tragic outcome was, it is vitally important to remember this:

No matter how bad or hopeless things get, nobody is truly alone, unloved, or beyond recovery. if you ever have a problem, do the strongest thing anybody can ever do--

Ask for help, and keep getting it. 

But all we can do for Robin now is remember the amazing works of somebody taken too soon when he had so much more to show us.

Goodbye Mr. Williams,

or one last time...

Na-Nu Na-Nu....

At first I couldn't believe this.

I was thinking "it sure has to be a joke, let me scroll down to see".

Still in my denial phase I searched on google to see if it was true, hoping to get *no answer* more then a real series of news about his death.

Now I don't know what to say.

I'm deeply wounded by this "event". I liked him a lot.

Jumanji was my favourite film when I was a kid...

A great actor, a great comedian.

I saw it on facebook right before it came on the world news, I was so sure it was a hoax. It was a little known secret of just how much I look up to and respect Robin, I considered him a wonderful man who made wonderful films. I watched Jumanji again last night, and I'll continue watching his films throughout the week. Especially Dead Poets Society, which hit me pretty hard. We lost a very important person yesterday, but I hope he's in a better place now. O' Captain, my captain!.

I was talking to my mom about this before it was confirmed to be a suicide, only suspected and all she said was "Someone who could bring laughter to so many couldn't find it for himself," so here's hoping he's found it now. 

While he acted in many great movies, I will admit my favourite part of his isn't from a movie, but when he guest starred on Whose Line is it Anyway? Find it if you haven't seen it, you will not be disappointed. 

The sadder thing is how he left. But it was his choice, so let's respect it and hope he's better where he is.

I'm sorry, but anything that a person with no planning who has wrist injuries from failed cutting right then and improvised "hanging" is NOT a choice. it's a impulse-control failure knee-jerk reaction to a mental state that is very sick and we were unable to help properly.

.I'm just sorry he concealed how he was to this point, because nobody should have to go like that,

I'm sorry, but anything that a person with no planning who has wrist injuries from failed cutting right then and improvised "hanging" is NOT a choice. it's a impulse-control failure knee-jerk reaction to a mental state that is very sick and we were unable to help properly.

.I'm just sorry he concealed how he was to this point, because nobody should have to go like that,

I agree nobody should take this solution. But you can choose to stay alive and try to overcome your problems, or at least ask for help.

I agree nobody should take this solution. But you can choose to stay alive and try to overcome your problems, or at least ask for help.

I'll leave this short here (as there are other threads we can make on mental health discussions if needed) but the biggest problems with asking are those who have asked for mental health help, got help, gotten it for years/decades and "felt nothing they tried and tried has made any difference and nobody understands that." They often instead of sharing this-burdened with a feeling of helplessness/hopelessness-mask this "inevitability."

Some are noticed in this state, but many keep hidden that they feel it's their..decision to end this burden.

Sadly, this is where he "had a lot in common" with many who maaked this problem. 

It breaks my heart after about 35 years of that this is what turned out for him ;`(

Yay, let's all go nuts (once again) about some dude who made a lot of money but surprisingly wasn't immortal.

It's sad, for he didn't need to die. And we aren't just talking about some normal celebrity figure who made money. He was active with the children's hospital, and made countless people laugh. He showed the world that things can be funny in life. However, he probably couldn't laugh himself, which is sad on many levels.

P.S. Maybe you don't care, but some people do.

It's sad, for he didn't need to die. And we aren't just talking about some normal celebrity figure who made money. He was active with the children's hospital, and made countless people laugh. He showed the world that things can be funny in life. However, he probably couldn't laugh himself, which is sad on many levels.

P.S. Maybe you don't care, but some people do.

It's just a tad bit annoying, every two or three months, someone famous dies and you hear it in some news for a week.

It's just a tad bit annoying, every two or three months, someone famous dies and you hear it in some news for a week.

Most people I rarely hear and/or care about. With Robin Williams shown as such a happy figure, it is shocking and disorienting. This makes it all shocking.

someone famous dies and you hear it in some news for a week.

It's the news; what do you expect? I know it's your opinion and all, but I think you're being a little unreasonable.

Also, humans don't like when people they know die. I shouldn't be explaining this.

This hit me pretty hard because I've been in his position, and I know what it's like to have serious thoughts about what he did. If my childhood hero couldn't escape it his depression, I have to wonder what chance I have to ever be rid of it. Unlike most celebrity deaths, this is one I can't stop thinking about.

He really was an amazing actor, nobody ever suspected something like that.

I heard this news around on the various interwebs and didn't believe it...Of course I looked it up and it had a bunch of stuff of how he died.

R.I.P Robin Williams, You were a great actor for some of the great movies that I watched at a very young age.

I know this is probably insulting, but his unfortunate passing will not change my opinion of it.  I am honestly not a big fan of his work.  Not that he's a bad person or anything, far from it, but I don't really like any of the movies he's in.

Archived