Same characters

I would like a character-creator with specially features and powers.

In there you can choose 1-2 powers between the original characters powers and new ones.

I dont know but i want a new character.

No: I would like it to be like L4D; no duplicates of characters; oh and forum members get a secret code in priority over which character they want in a random online matchup ;)

But dont starve is a game for survive, not for kill zombies.

Why does it have to be one or the other?  Why can't you just give the host the option to allow duplicate characters, or not allow it?  I don't see the point in limiting it.  If some people want to do it, let them.

Webber is monster ... and WG hate them soooooo ???

every char can kill him .-. ?? :spidercowers:

You sir should be banished from existence, how could you say such a thing about Webber....?

:D

I was thinking about maybe having 4 different colored variations of each character, kind of like how Super Smash Bros. has alternate costumes for different players to choose the same character.  Really, all you'd need to do is throw on a hue saturation modifier on a certain color of the character, such as Wilson's shirt.  Then you could assign certain colors to each player (P1 gets red, P2 blue, P3 yellow, etc.)

I actually did a quick mock-up of what this would look like in-game, and I honestly think it would be a great thing to implement:

Wilson4.png

EDIT: Looking at it, I'd probably want to play as Yellow Wilson, seeing as yellow is my favorite color. :p

That is awesome art there Spookers.

It is possible to have two of the same characters in one place, noted as a paradox in the game. Simply beat adventure mode, make a new file as the person you won with, win adventure again.

I don't know how I feel about this being adopted as gameplay though.

That is awesome art there Spookers.

Thanks.  I wasn't trying to show off, I just wanted to make a visual aid for my idea.  I appreciate the compliment either way, though. :)

Many thanks @Spookers the Spoo

Here is my duplication solution suggestion posted over in http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36215-multiplayer-suggestions-couldnt-find-the-individual-threads/#entry476855

Character duplication suggestions

Gender bend version of existing characters

Effectively doubling the character roster with minimal effort on developer's side

Introduces an alternate solution to lore conflict (eg. two Wilsons)

Why does it have to be one or the other?  Why can't you just give the host the option to allow duplicate characters, or not allow it?  I don't see the point in limiting it.  If some people want to do it, let them.

Haha! there you are, I've been trying to credit your suggestion in my thread. I agree with this option, leave it up to the host.

Here is my duplication solution suggestion posted over in my http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36215-multiplayer-suggestions-couldnt-find-the-individual-threads/#entry476855

Character duplication suggestions

- Gender bend version of existing characters

Effectively doubling the character roster with minimal effort on developer's side

Introduces an alternate solution to lore conflict (eg. two Wilsons)

NO.

Archived