Same characters

Or, for the character selection, we would have a lobby and we get to choose who we want to be, like how it is done in L4D and L4D2. Once someone picks that character, others can't pick the same one. I think it would be pretty overpowered to have like 4 Wigfrids even though it will be fun.

For that, instead just make a mod for it when it's out, so 4 Wigfrids is possible.

Just imagine a girl version of Wilson.

And the characters are those, there is no reason we should get the same characters but with inverted gender.

Come to think of it, I'd love to see female Wilson grow a big bushy beard. :p

Also, how would WX-78 work?  It doesn't have a gender.

I think it would be pretty overpowered to have like 4 Wigfrids even though it will be fun.

I don't know. You would have to kill alot of animals to keep them fed. If a character has a downside, its made even harder when there four people suffering the same thing.

4 Maxwells means there is barely any health.

4 Wes characters mean you are crazy people.

4 Wolfgangs means you guys need to eat alot, and all take faster sanity drain.

4 Willows means you are all a low sanity problem.

4 Wilsons would be fine, but it wouldn't be too strong either.

4 Wickerbottoms means no one sleeps. ( The tech perk would work much better with other members )

4 Wendys mean none of you hit hard

4 Woodies means no one can get the glommer bell, and everyone drops their items.

4 Wx78s will put a demand on gears, and rain will hurt your entire team.

4 Webbers means everyone only has 100 sanity, and pigs hate the whole team.

Those almost sound like challenges, and there is still lots of thing you can do with 4 of the same character.

Come to think of it, I'd love to see female Wilson grow a big bushy beard. :razz:

Also, how would WX-78 work?  It doesn't have a gender.

WX-78, only character that can have duplicates!

Four WX's 2k14 new meta Don't starve together!

WX-78, only character that can have duplicates!

Four WX's 2k14 new meta Don't starve together!

Getting enough gears to max everyone out and build structures would be long daring challenge. It gets hard to stretch entertainment out over a long time.

I think having 4 wilsons is a horrible idea, it should be different characters so everyone is special in the game. But if the want to have people with the same perks they could have them look different, but not just color wise, maybe be completely different people. Kind of like skins.

I think having 4 wilsons is a horrible idea, it should be different characters so everyone is special in the game. But if the want to have people with the same perks they could have them look different, but not just color wise, maybe be completely different people. Kind of like skins.

You obviously won't be forced to play as Wilson.  My mock-up was just using Wilson as an example, due to him being the default character.

You obviously won't be forced to play as Wilson.  My mock-up was just using Wilson as an example, due to him being the default character

I didn't mean for it to be just Wilson either, I think that having 4 of any of the current characters would be a bad idea. Obviously Klei will have to find someway to balance having 4 of anyone or just have everyone be a different character (which I would prefer) Also the left for dead reference was made as an example he wasn't saying Don't starve is about killing zombies. But imagine a game like that with 4 of the same character... It would just be weird and stupid

I personally don't see anything wrong with multiple characters of the same type... Don't Starve seems to indicate that more than one WIlson has adventured through (and died in) various different worlds, likewise with the other characters... so it seems perfectly logical that one Wilson could meet another...

I was thinking about maybe having 4 different colored variations of each character, kind of like how Super Smash Bros. has alternate costumes for different players to choose the same character.  Really, all you'd need to do is throw on a hue saturation modifier on a certain color of the character, such as Wilson's shirt.  Then you could assign certain colors to each player (P1 gets red, P2 blue, P3 yellow, etc.)

I actually did a quick mock-up of what this would look like in-game, and I honestly think it would be a great thing to implement:

Wilson4.png

EDIT: Looking at it, I'd probably want to play as Yellow Wilson, seeing as yellow is my favorite color. :razz:

The Legend of Wilson: Four Spears

I would like a character-creator with specially features and powers.

In there you can choose 1-2 powers between the original characters powers and new ones.

I dont know but i want a new character.

Many thanks @Spookers the Spoo

Here is my duplication solution suggestion posted over in http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36215-multiplayer-suggestions-couldnt-find-the-individual-threads/#entry476855

Character duplication suggestions

Gender bend version of existing characters

Effectively doubling the character roster with minimal effort on developer's side

Introduces an alternate solution to lore conflict (eg. two Wilsons)

I want to cry.

Or, for the character selection, we would have a lobby and we get to choose who we want to be, like how it is done in L4D and L4D2. Once someone picks that character, others can't pick the same one. I think it would be pretty overpowered to have like 4 Wigfrids even though it will be fun.

For that, instead just make a mod for it when it's out, so 4 Wigfrids is possible.

the problem with comparing L4D to the don't starve character roster is that every character in L4D functions exactly the same, differing only in appearance and personality. You can't directly compare Maxwell to Wolfgang or Wendy to Wilson because they are functionally different in playstyle. A batter comparison would be to league of legend (don't play it myself sadly) or Team fortress 2 highlander mode and how they deal with character duplication.

I think it would suck if they limited it. Imagine there's a server you spend hours working on as Wilson. Then while you're offline someone else joins as Wilson, so when you try to get back onto the server you simply aren't allowed to because that would make it to where there is more than one of the same character on the server. And there are only like seven-eight characters, so there'd have to be a whole lot of servers for that to work. And what happens if you and your friend like playing as the same guy but you want to play together? Are you just not allowed to do that? It'd be better to just allowed players to have the same characters on a server, then add usernames above player's heads to tell who's who. So what if there's multiple Webbers running around? If you really don't like him that much them either go play on another server or kill some of them. I'm generally against anything that would restrict player's ability to freely play the game how they want to. If you really want to play on a server where there aren't two of the same character, then make one and play with your friends. :razz:

Just imagine a girl version of Wilson.

And the characters are those, there is no reason we should get the same characters but with inverted gender.

Actually pretty sure there's a mod for that. Same stats, same perk. Just a reskin that makes him a her.

Since the "quote" feature almost never works for me this is directed towards Polygone's Post. I dont know why everyone brings up the whole "server" problem. Don't Starve Together isn't going to be like some minecraft server. They say in the announcement that it will be 2-4 players SIMULTANEOUSLY! You wont be joining and re-joining. You will most likely have to play at the same time

The way I see it is first come first served. You click on Wilson first, you get Wilson first. If the party number is 4, you are bound to at least get someone you halfway like considering there are 11 playable characters. 

Besides, if you are playing with friends you probably have it worked out who will play who anyway. 

I would like a character-creator with specially features and powers.

In there you can choose 1-2 powers between the original characters powers and new ones.

I dont know but i want a new character.

This is what I want too! I posted a topic on it but it seems that most people disagree with a character creator :(

I don't know. You would have to kill alot of animals to keep them fed. If a character has a downside, its made even harder when there four people suffering the same thing.

4 Maxwells means there is barely any health.

4 Wes characters mean you are crazy people.

4 Wolfgangs means you guys need to eat alot, and all take faster sanity drain.

4 Willows means you are all a low sanity problem.

4 Wilsons would be fine, but it wouldn't be too strong either.

4 Wickerbottoms means no one sleeps. ( The tech perk would work much better with other members )

4 Wendys mean none of you hit hard

4 Woodies means no one can get the glommer bell, and everyone drops their items.

4 Wx78s will put a demand on gears, and rain will hurt your entire team.

4 Webbers means everyone only has 100 sanity, and pigs hate the whole team.

Those almost sound like challenges, and there is still lots of thing you can do with 4 of the same character.

Well, how I play Wigfrid, I can stave her hunger off just by killing a tallbird and eating the two meats and egg separately. That would last one day.

If there were four, a koalephant or two with a berry farm and crockpot will suffice for quite a while. In all honesty, my food problem for Wigfrid is the food keeps getting wasted cause of spoilage.

I Think it Really Don't Make Sense Having 4 of The Same Characters Right?

Think about 4 Wigfrids fighint for Meat i Mean...it would turn into pvp right?

and some character would be too OP Like 4 Webbers or 4 Maxwells Right?

I Think it Could Not Have The Same Characters in One Game...

Archived