JoeW

Reminder - YOUTUBE & Copyright.

jbeetle    1,822

I'm going to reach and say you made this, not only as a reminder, but because you're about to announce something! To the Speculation-mobile (again)!

• Like 1

the truthseeker    1,560

Without going into specific players or broadcasters, is there an area that is having issues we need to pay more attention to or be careful when doing? 

JoeW    16,692

Added a link for clarification. There is a bit of confusion and rage right now about copyright claims and such with content creators and youtube. We wanted to remind people where they can find our policies. This helps them should YouTube shut down a video. Sending youtube the link to our policy allows them to prove they are allowed by us to create the video. 

• Like 1

the truthseeker    1,560

Added a link for clarification. There is a bit of confusion and rage right now about copyright claims and such with content creators and youtube. We wanted to remind people where they can find our policies. This helps them should YouTube shuts down a video. Sending youtube the link to our policy allows them to prove they are allowed by us to create the video. 

Exactly as I thought/feared.

Many a good player I watched was hit with this. I didn't know if it was the 500-pound gorilla fighting the elephant in the room though (couldn't resist matching up the two there,) and was wary in discussing it directly.

Thanks for doing this JoeW and Klei, and I hope many more players will unfailingly air this and all other Klei games (within the rules) without fear now. 

• Like 1

Neosaurus    173

"To the Batmobile/Batcave" was a phrase used by ______ a lot.

Oh I was saying it mobile as in mobile phone but it's meant to be said mobeel xD

fritoz    40

it appears most of the issues are arising due to the automated algorithms google/youtube uses to flag these vids, alot of them using content that was distributed by the devs for reviewers and let's players, as well as alot of issues with background music being flagged

hopefully with the outcry about this on the internet reaching typhoon-stage rage levels over this, they can adjust the algorithms again and fix it all, but i fear the background music issue will be a harder one to fix, since the RIAA are total a$$holes.   Its not the artists/musicians that are complaining, its the music publishers that are looking for more ways to make money...

I hope the "suits" somehow realize that people making let's plays are FREE ADVERTISING!!!!! yeesh

TeoSS69    2,203

YouTube is getting many hits lately...

I hope the "suits" somehow realize that people making let's plays are FREE ADVERTISING!!!!! yeesh

As you can see by the reason of this thread. It's not the game devs that are flagging videos, it's Youtube itself. LPs as free advertising is already understood by devs. Hence why the Twitch.tv apps on the new consoles.

fritoz    40

YouTube is getting many hits lately...

As you can see by the reason of this thread. It's not the game devs that are flagging videos, it's Youtube itself. LPs as free advertising is already understood by devs. Hence why the Twitch.tv apps on the new consoles.

you just restated what i said but ok.

the "devs" and the "suits" are two totally different groups.  game devs value the gaming community. game publishers want to make their shareholders happy.

of course im generalizing, alot of smaller pusblishers try to balance both sides.  Ubisoft, EA, etc etc? not so much.

Edited by fritoz

TeoSS69    2,203

you just restated what i said but ok.

Ah, i'm sorry. I just read the last part at a glance while I was replying to the thread.

• Like 1

Brandyn    77

Quick question will we get any copyright strikes for having music enabled because your music in the dont starve games (together and alone) are amazing and I'd love to share that.

JanH    3,413
23 hours ago, Brandyn said:

Quick question will we get any copyright strikes for having music enabled because your music in the dont starve games (together and alone) are amazing and I'd love to share that.

You're more than welcome to use the Don't Starve music when making let's plays, reviews, previews and other Don't Starve-related video productions as long as you stick close to our Player Creation Guidelines.

Posting soundtrack songs by themselves or with different games/content on YouTube however unfortunately falls outside of the guidelines; and regrettably we cannot provide permission to publish or monetize the soundtrack in that manner.

Brandyn    77
35 minutes ago, JanH said:

You're more than welcome to use the Don't Starve music when making let's plays, reviews, previews and other Don't Starve-related video productions as long as you stick close to our Player Creation Guidelines.

Posting soundtrack songs by themselves or with different games/content on YouTube however unfortunately falls outside of the guidelines; and regrettably we cannot provide permission to publish or monetize the soundtrack in that manner.

Thank you I don't plan to upload the soundtrack by itself though because thats not what i do

ImDaMisterL    18,017
1 hour ago, autumnphoenix59 said:

hey I was wondering I have to pay to play your game and record it right?....sorry I'm just trying to make sure

You have to pay to even be able to play them, hahah! But after that, sure, record it, stream it, share your content with us!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

You have to pay to even be able to play them, hahah! But after that, sure, record it, stream it, share your content with us!

ok but......I still have more questions like...how much do I pay or do I have to pay for every episode or...is it every time I get a certain amount of money do I pay them again.....sorry I'm new to this and I'm only a preteen

edit: I probably seem dumb right now....so I don't have to pay to record or no? I'm sorry....

nvm I read the thing I'm sorry for wasting time

Edited by autumnphoenix59

ImDaMisterL    18,017
2 hours ago, autumnphoenix59 said:

ok but......I still have more questions like...how much do I pay or do I have to pay for every episode or...is it every time I get a certain amount of money do I pay them again.....sorry I'm new to this and I'm only a preteen

edit: I probably seem dumb right now....so I don't have to pay to record or no? I'm sorry....

I misinterpreted what you said, sorry. You don't have to pay to stream or record the games, you just have to pay for the games themselves, and when streaming/uploading videos of something in Beta/Early Access just make sure to notify your audience it's in that state.