How Do We Not Have The Ability To Craft All Items Yet?

This complaint of mine goes back to the early days of Shipwrecked. So maybe, now that they are working on another DLC with new features, Klei will finally listen. I think I speak for everyone when I say there needs to be the ability to craft anything, anywhere. Why is it that if I want to craft an obsidian fire pit or a poison spear, I have to take an unnecessary trip over to Shipwrecked just to do so? Same with things like Bunny Hutches. I have to go all the way over to RoG just to be able to build one. This is kind of important, because I have 4 thick furs from the shop on island 2 in Hamlet, and I have no use for them. And it is indeed possible for the developers to put this feature in, because I can already build Hamlet structures in RoG (why do they give us the sprinkler, of all things? It doesn’t even WORK in RoG). The only exception to this that I would say is the Obsidian Workbench and Ancient Pseudoscience Station. Those can stay in their respective worlds, because if you could craft those anywhere then it would be too easy. So please, if you are a developer, and you are reading this, please listen.

The oscillating fan is quite useful for drying effect in shipwrecked/ROG worlds.

You can also properly place the sprinkler near a water body in shipwrecked. (I don't know if it simulates the 300% faster growth rate for farms like during rain).

You cant place the sprinkler anywhere in ROG but you can indeed craft it. My initial thought was we can place it near a pond but it didn't work.

20 minutes ago, CrimXane said:

because it's a DLC
if they make everything craftable anywhere why would anyone buy the DLC's

Use your head a little on that one.

When you have the dlc's and proceed to create a vanilla or RoG world, it ask you if you want to make that world compatible with SW/Hamlet. If you do there's already a bunch of crafting recipes you can do that you can't on a pure RoG world. Best example being you can't craft a skyworthy or a seaworthy on a pure RoG world even if you have the dlc's installed. 

There's already a system in place to prevent that dude. SpoonyBardIV is asking that instead of specific items you can craft you can just craft all the items (barring special crafting stations like the obsidian bench ect.) and structures as well.

I think it's better if most items stay not craftable, a big problem with game is too much stuff in crafting tabs, so you scroll forever, and new player has information overload. But needed stuff like boat repair kit, petal/pal leaf parasol, boat torch and anti venom are very important to have in Hamlet, but are not in :(

If you don't need go to other world to craft something, then all world set up can be the same and retract from each world aesthetic. You can already plant coffee bush in RoG/Vanilla world.

3 hours ago, GuacBoy said:

boat repair kit necessary? boats are cheap as heck and there's not exactly a wealth of ground to cover with the boats

there's quite a bit of content unimplemented for the lakes in the files. There a vegetable and a plant exclusive to the lakes.Also unique drops from the platapine and hippopotamoose.I think the lake will be expanded upon. Might be scrapped / for shipwrecked though.

20181118234021_1.thumb.jpg.7d952ca19c9ef0fe72777260e0f8ffa9.jpg

29 minutes ago, ansuman said:

there's quite a bit of content unimplemented for the lakes in the files. There a vegetable and a plant exclusive to the lakes.Also unique drops from the platapine and hippopotamoose.I think the lake will be expanded upon. Might be scrapped / for shipwrecked though.

20181118234021_1.thumb.jpg.7d952ca19c9ef0fe72777260e0f8ffa9.jpg

ahh okay. I always thought it weird that platapine drops nothing. makes sense then I guess, sooo excited for new content

On 16.11.2018 at 7:33 AM, Sasuga said:

The fact you have to make the trip means its not unnecessary. And they do that to make the game more challenging. Like Dwarve's forging with a volcano, you move to the volcano, not the volcano to you.

Just because something is very annoying it does not mean it is challenging. It just wastes your time and makes game less enjoyable.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, inferjus4 said:

Just because something is very annoying it does not mean it is challenging. It just wastes your time and makes game less enjoyable.

I agree with the sentiment, the bats in hamlet are too much right now for me.

Archived