Hamlet is Too Easy

10 minutes ago, GuacBoy said:

How do you kill mant queen that early? I died with 3 halberds and 2 logsuit as wigfrid.

On both my instances that I rushed the mantqueen I picked up as many relics as I can carry for oincs. Then I bought a rapier at the weapon shop.
2 pig helmets and 1 log suit + the rapier were enough. 

Also, with wx78 speed boost its really easy to get the mant warriors stuck behind the mant queen throne so you can just hit her till she is dead.

46 minutes ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

On both my instances that I rushed the mantqueen I picked up as many relics as I can carry for oincs. Then I bought a rapier at the weapon shop.
2 pig helmets and 1 log suit + the rapier were enough. 

Also, with wx78 speed boost its really easy to get the mant warriors stuck behind the mant queen throne so you can just hit her till she is dead.

rapier?
cutlass supreme?

20 hours ago, metallichydra said:

is it in the game already?
maybe its because don't starve say's it comes on December the 6th

The Aporkalypse happens on Day 60, and lasts for the rest of the season, with perpetual night, everybody hates you even more so than usual, and you get daily bat attacks. 

Spoiler

Also, yes. WITH ALL OF THOSE BATS.

Spoiler

LAG CITY!!!!

How's that for a challenge?

The final boss is the lag.

8 hours ago, metallichydra said:

any quick and easy guide on how to kill mant queen easily as any character?

Yes.

c_godmode()

Works 100% of the time.

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

The Aporkalypse happens on Day 60, and lasts for the rest of the season, with perpetual night, everybody hates you even more so than usual, and you get daily bat attacks. 

Hide contents

Hide contents

LAG CITY!!!!

Yes.

c_godmode()

Works 100% of the time.

without using console or mods

16 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

LAG CITY!!!!

Yes.

c_godmode()

Works 100% of the time.

Where did you said information on the Aporkalypse? 

40 minutes ago, jeffhartley3925 said:

It's early access. The way stealing works may change. Who knows, stealing in any form may be considered a bug. If it is a bug, it will get fixed. We just have to wait and see.

If it was a bug, you wouldn't have the text change to "Steal X". That shows that it's intended in some form.

33 minutes ago, roonin77 said:

man:D what do you expecting more? it's harder that SW ROG right now

I don't expect anything. It gives me the challenge RoG and even SW don't anymore.

It's just that some people either are incredibly gifted, or have spoiled their experience by reading forum and wikia, or other ways.

Also every DS and previous DLC's are the same. Once you discover that one way to play through the game, you are just going to stick with it because it works and all the challenge will be to great extent gone. It's just matter of how long will take you to get there, because DS by nature is semi-random and gives you little reason to try radically different approach from your default one, unless you mess with world settings (I hope Hamlet address this but then my hopes are not that high).

51 minutes ago, Steefy_92 said:

I don't expect anything. It gives me the challenge RoG and even SW don't anymore.

It's just that some people either are incredibly gifted, or have spoiled their experience by reading forum and wikia, or other ways.

Also every DS and previous DLC's are the same. Once you discover that one way to play through the game, you are just going to stick with it because it works and all the challenge will be to great extent gone. It's just matter of how long will take you to get there, because DS by nature is semi-random and gives you little reason to try radically different approach from your default one, unless you mess with world settings (I hope Hamlet address this but then my hopes are not that high).

I might add, for people who just want to test their eye-hand coordination fighing monsters, then the game is easy if you are not constantly under attack.  

On 11/12/2018 at 5:03 AM, Drewey09 said:

Like the title says, I believe Hamlet, in its current state, is far too easy. Let me explain, after you get used to hamlet (only took a couple of playthroughs for me), Hamlet becomes incredibly easy. It’s incredibly easy from the start, you can steal everything you will ever need, you can hire armored pigs to fight and take damage for you, you literally have to do NOTHING except eat food and explore. Now I know this varies based on character, but for the majority of characters gameplay in Hamlet is what I described above once you get fairly decent at it. I am honestly shocked how easy it is, I went into it expecting a major challenge, I mean they went so far as to warn players that it is harder then RoG or SW.

Anyways I just wanted to see if others thought Hamlet is too easy. Let me know what you think!

Bruh Hamlet is by far the hardest,and will become harder when last season is added and obviously there will be major changes to mechanics

I admit

I used c_godmode() 4 times in my last world

1 hour ago, CrimXane said:

Bruh Hamlet is by far the hardest,and will become harder when last season is added and obviously there will be major changes to mechanics

I admit

I used c_godmode() 4 times in my last world

I wish I had used godmode in my last world -- got further than ever have before; had Bobin and royal scepter.  

On 11/15/2018 at 12:33 PM, Steefy_92 said:

You can try daring exploits, weird silly things, and generally change up your playstyle, you know. Don't Starve isn't just about getting the day count higher. Try clearing out the Roc's nest and colonizing it! Dive into the caves of ROG as soon as possible and try and survive caves and ruins only, or even try to let a Slurper ride you all the way up to the overworld! Become a nomadic island traveler, slowly establishing multiple different hideouts around the waters! Don't Starve is a sandbox game first and survival game second. Creativity is key!

My 2 cents WARNING SPOILERS:

I didn't look up anything on the wiki/forums until tonight as now on day 256 I've done everything. I was slow at figuring out things, it took me 2.5 lush seasons just figure out how to effectively stop hay fever (those were some dark desperate days).  I didn't know there were no consequences to stealing so I never did (except you technically "steal" the can of silly string and key to the city in the queen's palace once you've opened it with a key).  I feel like, without stealing, more or less the difficulty was on par with RoG.  Maybe shipwrecked was a bit hasher with volcano season, but I feel like worrying if you are hot or cold in previous games is totally on par with the fog and hay fever in this game.  I really appreciate that there's no season that has the potential to destroy your entire base. I think the bat waves are kind of exhausting, coming every 4 days instead of the 3 to 8 day range for hounds.  I know the guards are good at killing bats, but I feel like fields of teeth traps are way quicker/cleaner with hounds.

Archived