Polluted oxygen generator

I was just running an experiment on ways to generate large amounts of PO for pufts without relying on mobs which will lag the game

I realized bottled PW always emits PO at an even rate depending on how many kg it has

So I built this automation to make dupes drop the bottles in an enclosed room to harvest PO

20181021221756_1.thumb.jpg.0a6002ac111a76a81109248dbdcce779.jpg

24.thumb.png.be61d6df2dad789ada8ca206f9505570.png

for the automation every time a dupe runs over the switch to the bottle emptier a signal is sent out and extended by 2 seconds by the buffer gate

24.1.png.71f3d5813b473760c1cd1c94c52d328d.png

That signal goes to 6 AND gates

24.2.png.46047c396086f3f94ab51e373bafd006.png

Each and gate is also waiting for a signal from one of 6 pressure plates at the bottom.  Each plate sends a signal when the weight is less than 1000kg

24.3.png.ff493fd438ef6cda8531f27fac0a2703.png

the signals from the AND gates are slowed down by filter gates set at 0.1 second (wish I didn't have to stack them but the next number up was 0.5 seconds and that was too long)

Depending on what pressure plate doesn't have enough weight determines the delay on the door closing to the bottle emptier forcing the dupe to drop the bottle

24.4.png.dfac9d5a8f099e9a8a33bbec59d18753.png

Also the pressure plates are joined by OR gates, this way if all pressure plates have enough weight then the door remains locked so dupes won't over fill it

24.5.png.28f593032ef5a305c7975b481843d26d.png

And finally the door in front of the bottle opener receives a signal from an AND gate

one side of the AND gate get's it's signal from the delayed AND gates (reversed with a NOT gate)

the other side of the AND gate gets it's signals from the OR gates

this way the door only opens when no dupe is running in AND one or more of the pressure plates doesn't have enough weight

24.6.png.d5a844a2bc5f0f3612eeec8eda56fd6a.png

20181021221756_1.thumb.jpg.0a6002ac111a76a81109248dbdcce779.jpg

This is just a first crude effort for proof of concept but I'm generating up to 600g/s PO

That's about the same as 24 morbs

plus no slimelung! 

5 minutes ago, tzionut said:

you will have same results whit polluted dirt stored. Bonus the polluted dirt will not evaporate in time = constant polluted  oxygen output.

ok two things wrong

first off they do evaporate but at a much slower rate

second the slow rate also means slow PO produced almost 20 times slower than PW

second the slow rate also means slow PO produced almost 20 times slower than PW

Thank you for pointing that. I use polluted oxygen outside my base only for cleaning it and the oxygen resulted converted in oxilite for my rockets. What i do i overkill but it works. 

Hmm, I just read on the wiki that polluted water converts gasses into polluted oxygen (unless it sits in polluted oxygen; then it will just convert polluted water into polluted oxygen until 1.8kg pressure). Is that true? So for instance if you have a layer of CO2 on top of polluted water, will it convert this into polluted oxygen?

https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Polluted_Water

42 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Hmm, I just read on the wiki that polluted water converts gasses into polluted oxygen (unless it sits in polluted oxygen; then it will just convert polluted water into polluted oxygen until 1.8kg pressure). Is that true? So for instance if you have a layer of CO2 on top of polluted water, will it convert this into polluted oxygen?

https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Polluted_Water

I think it's just error. Polluted water just emmits polluted oxygen, if there is enough pressure for it... less then1800g per tile if i'm not mistaken. I often use overpressurized CO2 to prevent PW from converting to PO.

I love this design, and I'm trying to pick apart how it works. One key thing I'm missing is what mechanic actually stops the dupe from delivering the pH2O to the faucet. Is the automation opening up the airflow doors over the exact spot? Does it ever fail?

5 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

I love this design, and I'm trying to pick apart how it works. One key thing I'm missing is what mechanic actually stops the dupe from delivering the pH2O to the faucet. Is the automation opening up the airflow doors over the exact spot? Does it ever fail?

It's the door in front of the bottle emptier. When a dupe carrying water on a path to the bottle emptier passes the the weight plate, the door closes breaking the path so the dupe drops what he's carrying and looks for another task to do. The delay determines where the dupes is when the door is closed determining the spot where the bottle is dropped.  

Improved the automation by adding a directional sensor. See above for my original post. The door now only responds to dupes moving right to left.

This is an improvement because another dupe somewhere on the map could be given the task of delivering a new bottle after the bottle is dropped and if the dupe that dropped the bottle then leaves and triggers the door again, the dupe assigned the task somewhere else on the map will drop that task.

As you can see it's fairly accurate in where it stops the dupe. It doesn't always stop the dupe at the exact spot needed but 9 of 10 times it will.

image.thumb.png.875caa7543de3c4e090c1cb09acc7146.png

image.png.7b67a2763512269b2c32a86e8842fbc1.png

7 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

Not the same thing. Polluted water has a CHANCE of off-gassing whereas the bottles will ALWAYS off-gas.

In my observation, once one surface area start bubbling, it will not stop. So in the end i had all the surface to bubble.

Polluted water off gasses more with higher pressures. And turns it self off once it over pressurizes. So my design is normally a 1 time cost of adding more polluted water than I need then replacing what gets used. If lets say I have 2 pumps I would keep adding 1k pwater to the pile to replenish it.

I also think that high pressure ph2otiles inside an airtile maze is efficiency wise superior in po2 production. 

But the idea of this bottle dropping contraption is very nice for some other ideas. :wilson_camera::wilson_ecstatic:no need for steel for pumps...just bottle the magma and drop it down to a kind of heating/boiling room:wilson_wink:will try this out next game!

On 10/22/2018 at 11:23 AM, Saturnus said:

Improved the automation by adding a directional sensor. See above for my original post. The door now only responds to dupes moving right to left.

This is an improvement because another dupe somewhere on the map could be given the task of delivering a new bottle after the bottle is dropped and if the dupe that dropped the bottle then leaves and triggers the door again, the dupe assigned the task somewhere else on the map will drop that task.

As you can see it's fairly accurate in where it stops the dupe. It doesn't always stop the dupe at the exact spot needed but 9 of 10 times it will.

image.thumb.png.875caa7543de3c4e090c1cb09acc7146.png

image.png.7b67a2763512269b2c32a86e8842fbc1.png

I tried this build but couldn't get the timing right. My dupes in exosuits kept making all the way across and sometimes the door didn't close at all.

8 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

I tried this build but couldn't get the timing right. My dupes in exosuits kept making all the way across and sometimes the door didn't close at all.

Didn't test with exosuit dupes. Only dupes with different levels of athlectics. Worked for all of those. 

Sorry for jumping into this conversation late.  But  why is it important to have a cap of 1000kg bottles. and a row of 6.

Why not have one tile with as many bottles stacked on top of the one spot?

Also- could you achieve similar results just doing an Algae terrarium, and constantly create the polluted PO and not sweep it any place to empty, and pile up a bunch of bottles in that spot.   You can even make a door horizonal to where the terrarium and collect the bottles below by opening door and letting it drop.

27 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Sorry for jumping into this conversation late.  But  why is it important to have a cap of 1000kg bottles. and a row of 6.

Why not have one tile with as many bottles stacked on top of the one spot?

the more bottles spread out the more PO is generated

If you stack all the bottles on one tile you bottleneck the PO production 

28 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Also- could you achieve similar results just doing an Algae terrarium, and constantly create the polluted PO and not sweep it any place to empty, and pile up a bunch of bottles in that spot.   You can even make a door horizonal to where the terrarium and collect the bottles below by opening door and letting it drop.

the objective it to produce PO, algae terrariums also create O2

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

the more bottles spread out the more PO is generated

If you stack all the bottles on one tile you bottleneck the PO production 

the objective it to produce PO, algae terrariums also create O2

Yes, I realize that the O2 part is there.  But it's to create PW bottles,  after you make enough bottles, just deconstruct the terrarium, and build a new one elsewhere.  As I suggested, you can open a trap door below to let the bottles slip downward to a different room and collect bottles there as well. and pump the O2 out as needed. 

My suggestion was just an idea on how to generate more PW bottles as that is the objective.

So the 1000kg isn't per say a real cap limit.   You're just trying to spread the area of coverage out.   So got it.

So another idea,  would it not be easier to flood a floor with PW, and mop them up and repeat the process until the entire floor has bottles all over it.
Would that not be faster in creating as many bottles as possible.  

I definitely like this idea   of using PW bottles to make PO2.    if its possible to generate enough of it without the use of morphs that would be awesome.

On 26/10/2018 at 8:17 PM, bleeter6 said:

I tried it again with exosuits. Works flawlessly for me so I'm not sure what you're doing.

Archived