Shovel Voles

7 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Just finished my escape proof shove vole ranch

Only problem is keeping them fed, I have 90% of the surface of my map collecting regolith from meteors and it's still not enough for 8 tamed voles, they need to fix that

20181020144519_1.thumb.jpg.b38fb66e411db2f03bebb2561808be2b.jpg

What's a point of taming them? Wild ones can eat enough regolth, doesn't starve, doesnt need dupe work time.

28 minutes ago, Fischer_L said:

What's a point of taming them? Wild ones can eat enough regolth, doesn't starve, doesnt need dupe work time.

5bcb819fd7a94_Ydosomenameshavemoonrunesafterthem_ee4afe294e0c7abda0d9b46db415d3bd.png.7c19a5e21edbb28213dddb15496db913.png

........That's a good point

----- Ranch Update ------

Apparently my ranch wasn't so escape proof as I had thought, a vole pooped under the floating island making a tile of regolith it was able to jump to, then drill out

I fixed this by lowering the bottom floor while using open doors to keep the ranch at 96 tiles, the miner/sweeper/loader combo sends any pooped regolith back to the feeders

20181020151017_1.thumb.jpg.ec4de06675ce6e96365985ee33772906.jpg

3 minutes ago, Fischer_L said:

Can shoves self sustain themself if tamed (like pacu) or they eventualy die out?

good question, I have been letting my ranch sit under my solar plant collecting regolith for about 20 cycles now and no problems yet, I'll let you know if there are any problem after a 100 cycles or so

20181020153735_1.thumb.jpg.efa71f14175383b35ee46dc71b2c9068.jpg

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Only problem is keeping them fed, I have 90% of the surface of my map collecting regolith from meteors and it's still not enough for 8 tamed voles, they need to fix that

Sounds fine to me! lol

1 hour ago, clickrush said:

Not for me. I started a new base since Space Industry and it only shows up in raw metal.

That's weird. Also, I couldn't make a Pneumatic Door out of the normal refined materials like Iron or Tungsten so maybe this is what's going on. 

For me no shove vole :( i search all the planets and after the last upgrade i can,t import them. Until i finish testing all the rockets i will not restart the game. First i need to resume my regolith magmaficator. Now i have only 12000 tones of it :(

10 hours ago, Neotuck said:

So much irony.  Before all anyone could complain about was that there was way too much Regolith.  Now there's not enough.  :D

12 hours ago, Neotuck said:

So much irony.  Before all anyone could complain about was that there was way too much Regolith.  Now there's not enough.  :D

If you want regolith i give you 12000 tones. I want shove vole but except to activate sandbox mode i don't have any possibility to import it.

I've got one poor shove vole tooling around near the top of the map.  It is getting on in it's age.  I don't know if it will lay an egg or not.

13 hours ago, Neotuck said:

20181020144519_1.thumb.jpg.b38fb66e411db2f03bebb2561808be2b.jpg

I imagine you need to cool those metal tiles from the heat that incubator is making.

3 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

I've got one poor shove vole tooling around near the top of the map.  It is getting on in it's age.  I don't know if it will lay an egg or not.

check for buried objects, they sometimes lay eggs underground 

4 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

I imagine you need to cool those metal tiles from the heat that incubator is making.

The metal tiles never heat up due to vacuum, but the sweepers overheating was a problem, and so was keeping tamed voles from starving.  

So I re-did the ranch for wild voles only.

The whole thing just turned into a "build and forget" regolith dumping ground for my solar panel farm

20181021083229_1.thumb.jpg.4e209da995d2c6d12f198a07615be910.jpg

Archived