Shovel Voles

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

Refined Metals will contain them, or so I'm told.  That means Metal Tiles.

2 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Is there a way to confine a shovel vole? They climb up my metal walls, and dig straight through pneumatic doors.

1 hour ago, zergologist said:

They no longer tunnel through doors!

Untitled.png

4 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

I'm playing the latest patch. The shove vole update didn't do anything. Maybe mine are bugged? I added them in sandbox.

Same here, no voles. Meteor rain was very strong and destroyed first layer of biomes (50%), but i liked it. Had a blackout and was close to fail game. Fixxed it without debug, some stress but fun. image.thumb.png.478152896b91ec4869ddfb88ad0d87b4.png

5 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Same here, no voles. Meteor rain was very strong and destroyed first layer of biomes (50%), but i liked it. Had a blackout and was close to fail game. Fixxed it without debug, some stress but fun. image.thumb.png.478152896b91ec4869ddfb88ad0d87b4.png

I meant the update that's supposed to stop voles from digging through doors doesn't.

3 minutes ago, stoeberhai said:

update today:

"Shov Voles can no longer move through doors, mesh and airflow tiles made of refined metals"

Please read the thread. This has been addressed 3 times already.

At this point I think if I want doors to stop them I'm gonna have to start a new colony.

This seems to be the best ranch design so far

They cant dig though steel doors however they can escape when dupes open them

Water lock doors won't work as shovel voles don't drown (they live in a vacuum, think about it)

However I have found another problem with taming voles and that they seem to have no limit for feeding, this often results in one vole eating all the regolith while the rest starve

20181020133403_1.thumb.jpg.383caf36c30c8bf85aa281b7cb77de1f.jpg

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

This seems to be the best ranch design so far

They cant dig though steel doors however they can escape when dupes open them

Water lock doors won't work as shovel voles don't drown (they live in a vacuum, think about it)

However I have found another problem with taming voles and that they seem to have no limit for feeding, this often results in one vole eating all the regolith while the rest starve

20181020133403_1.thumb.jpg.383caf36c30c8bf85aa281b7cb77de1f.jpg

Maybe mine doesn't work because I confined them to 1 tile?

They really should make it so the Vole's don't pass through open doors.    This will solve a lot of problems.

In your image @Neotuck I noticed you have a transit tube.   Does the wall bridge for the tube not work?    If you can't make wall tile tube passing block made from refined metal. then they should address this. 

20 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

In your image @Neotuck I noticed you have a transit tube.   Does the wall bridge for the tube not work?    If you can't make wall tile tube passing block made from refined metal. then they should address this. 

can only make them from plastic, and yes I tried this.  The voles drilled though it :(

Archived