Absolute decor spam

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

is it worth not getting the moral bonus from barracks or bedrooms?

I guess so. You change 2 morale of the bedroom by 16 constants of high decor.
But personally I prefer an average decoration, I stress seeing so much sculpture, hahaha

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Here is my version for 12 dupes, barracks and mess hall. Decor is about 800...900 on the beds and 700..800 on the mess-tables. Dupes get the maximum +12 morale bonus most rounds with this.

decor01.thumb.jpg.f703310874b6d7e9117ffe00ac206080.jpg

Let's see them complain about anything now. XD

5 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Wouldn`t it be better to use glass tiles. They add a bit decor as well.

Not enough to matter. It is only +5 per glass-tile and only in 1 tile radius. Each of the sculptures is +24 decor in 8 tiles radius.

24 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Not enough to matter. It is only +5 per glass-tile and only in 1 tile radius. Each of the sculptures is +24 decor in 8 tiles radius.

Even if it says 1 tile radius, the radius is not a circle but actually a square and so in this case it's 3x3=>+15. Add on top of that that you can use diamonds, which basically have only three uses (window tiles, food for radiant bugs and tempshift-conduction-plates it's +30),

I sure do take them instead of using metal ore. And it is actually not +30 in comparison to mesh tiles but +37.5 to +45 since those deduct decor, and I doubt you'd use Nobium for those, so rather +43.5 difference it is. 

I just don't see the point, decor is like a water bucket, it need to be filled during a cycle, that can easily be done with 4 comfy bed/8 paintings/snazy suits, you don't need the decor during the rest of the cycle, it will stay full until it resets.

My dupes run around at 40 mood, but only need 20, so I'm wasting energy on giving them way to much mood.

6 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

I prefer doing it this way:

dec.thumb.jpg.b7f61dedb13f90c94760f9a3e9c9152c.jpg

How are you getting the room bonus for that setup? IIRC a bedroom requirements is a single comfy bed and decor item, no shared rooms. It's not as space efficient, but it's a significant morale bonus for the space.

3 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

How are you getting the room bonus for that setup? IIRC a bedroom requirements is a single comfy bed and decor item, no shared rooms. It's not as space efficient, but it's a significant morale bonus for the space.

That's how I initially thought it worked too, because it seems confusing that it says "single comfy bed".  But in fact, it just requires a MINIMUM of 1 comfy bed, you can put as many as you can fit.

20181018225111_1.jpg

16 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

That's how I initially thought it worked too, because it seems confusing that it says "single comfy bed".  But in fact, it just requires a MINIMUM of 1 comfy bed, you can put as many as you can fit.

How many people thought that? I had seem many pics of people making single "comfy bed rooms" and wondering why not make 3 beds and maximize the space

my room layout is similar to yours except I add ceiling lamps above the plants for added light decor

5bcb0ec4ac9b1_baracks2.thumb.jpg.c21053f2ab5b245e29800114eb3a02c4.jpg

Archived