Ore Scrubber cleans bottled water?!?

25 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Or you could just not use bottled water from germy sources.

BOOM! ROASTED!

But no, seriously, one of the most important things in this game is keeping your germy water away from your clean water. I keep My PW tank on the far left of my base and my clean water on the far right of my base. Super Important!

One of the things you can do to disinfect water with germs in it is pump it into a water reservoir that is surrounded by chlorine, causing the germs inside to die off. There is a super awesome video about this made by Brothgar, and he automates it! The bets part, it works for gases as well!

1 hour ago, Gonhog said:

One of the things you can do to disinfect water with germs in it is pump it into a water reservoir that is surrounded by chlorine, causing the germs inside to die off. There is a super awesome video about this made by Brothgar, and he automates it! The bets part, it works for gases as well!

I wonder if he stole the idea from me, I made a post a while ago

9 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Indeed. I reference your thread in the comments. Your post predates the video by a week or so but you can't definitely say that he got the idea from there. If he had his system would have worked much better :D

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Indeed. I reference your thread in the comments. Your post predates the video by a week or so but you can't definitely say that he got the idea from there. If he had his system would have worked much better :D

well I haven't seen the vid yet

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Love this setup.  Using a variation in my current base to clean my poluted water vent.  I've changed it slightly to make it a bit smaller.  I also added a germ sensor on the output line that allows germy water to loop back through the system.  This is necessary due to the way automation resets timers when loading a game.  Without this, germs will get through the system.

3 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Love this setup.  Using a variation in my current base to clean my poluted water vent.  I've changed it slightly to make it a bit smaller.  I also added a germ sensor on the output line that allows germy water to loop back through the system.  This is necessary due to the way automation resets timers when loading a game.  Without this, germs will get through the system.

If you check the comments on that thread you'll see a better version I put together with @Saturnus help that doesn't use timers

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

If you check the comments on that thread you'll see a better version I put together with @Saturnus help that doesn't use timers

If you're talking about the one that uses filters, that's the one I'm using.  Using your original design using the timers would probably actually avoid the issue with reloading the game.  The filters reset on reloads though.

I might seem like trolling, but what's the big deal with germy water ? My inside base tank is pretty disgusting, but that neither bother me or got sick my duplicant, even they happened to dive in for some meat. Cause yes I got pacus inside. I think it's a deal only if you play on miserable, right ?

10 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

If you're talking about the one that uses filters, that's the one I'm using.  Using your original design using the timers would probably actually avoid the issue with reloading the game.  The filters reset on reloads though.

It's pretty annoying that the game saves all daily reports ever made in the save file even though it's of no interest to anyone to know what happened 300 cycles earlier, and yet the game can't figure out how to save automation filter and buffer times.

25 minutes ago, Caochu said:

I might seem like trolling, but what's the big deal with germy water ? My inside base tank is pretty disgusting, but that neither bother me or got sick my duplicant, even they happened to dive in for some meat. Cause yes I got pacus inside. I think it's a deal only if you play on miserable, right ?

most of us play on miserable, the game is just too easy otherwise

Archived