Don't Starve Together Twitch Drops

• Developer
On 9/30/2018 at 1:11 PM, MasterWolf said:

Are we able to link multiple accounts (Steam and Xbox), or will the account we first link always be the one getting the skins?

I'm not certain about the details of Twitch's side of the implementation, but from my understanding, only one account will be linked at a time. So you'll probably need to disconnect "Klei Entertainment" here https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections, and then re-link after signing into the Klei accounts page on your other account.

27 minutes ago, PeterA said:

I'm not certain about the details of Twitch's side of the implementation, but from my understanding, only one account will be linked at a time. So you'll probably need to disconnect "Klei Entertainment" here https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections, and then re-link after signing into the Klei accounts page on your other account.

Oh no, I meant on your side of the accounts page. Because if I login using my Xbox credentials, it leads me to the account creation page. I was just wondering if in the future you guys would allow us to add other platforms into our "Klei Account".

Untitled.png

EDIT:

Weird, it let me create an account using my email. Even though I was already using my steam account before. Can you have multiple accounts per email?

• Developer
3 hours ago, MasterWolf said:

Weird, it let me create an account using my email. Even though I was already using my steam account before. Can you have multiple accounts per email?

Yup, I don't believe there's any restriction on how many accounts you can have associated with the same email address.

1 minute ago, PeterA said:

Yup, I don't believe there's any restriction on how many accounts you can have associated with the same email address.

Ahhhh, okay. So right now all I have to do is unlink my twitch from the steam klei, and do it with the xbox klei account, thanks. I guess since we can do this, it leaves the possibility of being able to associate all the platforms of Klei games we own into a single login.

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Marco Livio said:

could you tell me if I already have the 3 items too? And when will we receive this update? It's very sad to see the Steam friends receive and we on the consoles do not!

Looks like you've got them. You should also be able to tell in your Twitch inventory page.

Hmm this is unrelated with the Twitch drop, but it is regarding the new Klei account system, for some reason it is not detecting that I have Don't Starve (the single player game), it detects DST and Oxygen not included, but not my Don't Starve.

Oh my bad, I just found a post about the Klei Account system and similar issues to mine have been reported and you are looking into it already, thank you for your hard work, I will check again another time and see if it shows :)

Hi, I did everything required and went got all three drop but it doesn't give them to me on steam! 

Klei ID: KU_uBKU-530

Twitch: Daermoon

Steam: Daermoon

6 hours ago, wewqe1111111111 said:

Hi, I did everything required and went got all three drop but it doesn't give them to me on steam! 

Klei ID: KU_JbPL0AkE

Twitch: zzzz1520210846

Steam::箫逸

On 9/30/2018 at 1:11 PM, LannDaLion said:

For console edition players,

How will we know if we do get a drop?

I am playing on console right now and got all three drops watching twitch. you get a little notification on twitch and will see the gift on your inventory screen. However, there is nothing for me to open when I log in to dst on my console, not even an empty present with a thingamabob. so no idea when we will actually be able to access our gifts on console, but I am confident it will not be too long.

I'm not a native speaker so please be patient while reading this potential massacre of english language.

Hello everyone. I'm one of those ''afk streamers''. It suprises me how quickly this made me ''hated in community'' . Before y'all start cursing at me let me just explain a thing or two. First of all I think Klei interacting with Twitch to let people have free skin drops is a cool act,but forcing players to watch random streamers for 6 hours on twitch for exclusive skins is dumb as hell. Poeple who already watch streams have no problem with this,they probably even have a few favorite streamers for dst but people who don't usually watch stuff on twitch will be have to watch some random guy for 6 f... hours to get those drops,this is the dumb part. I'm one of those very people and thought I would rather watch a consistent silent stream going on at background or maybe even leave pc overnight for the drops. Therefore I opened this stream for the people who thinks like me. I'm not forcing anyone to be on that stream,I'm not promising anything extra...in fact I frequently inform my viewers that they can also watch other streams as well and it will be count/summed for drops.(Check the chat texts in this screenshot)

disclaimerss.thumb.png.18a31164569c79816c67253530b3091f.png

If you still want to hate me there is no furthermore I can say.

*btw a few viewers said watching from phone application works as well,a lot of people asks that just wanted to inform you guys.

The AFK one I used because I simply didn't have the time to watch that much streaming. I come home with 3 hrs to eat,unwind from 11 hrs at work and then sleep (Nova Scotia hates its workers).

This way I have some fun skins to play with when my partner and my days off align so we can play together.

So I love the incentive "idea" but dude I work more than I play and am grateful to these afk folks.

1 hour ago, Arteril said:
Spoiler

I'm not a native speaker so please be patient while reading this potential massacre of english language.

Hello everyone. I'm one of those ''afk streamers''. It suprises me how quickly this made me ''hated in community'' . Before y'all start cursing at me let me just explain a thing or two. First of all I think Klei interacting with Twitch to let people have free skin drops is a cool act,but forcing players to watch random streamers for 6 hours on twitch for exclusive skins is dumb as hell. Poeple who already watch streams have no problem with this,they probably even have a few favorite streamers for dst but people who don't usually watch stuff on twitch will be have to watch some random guy for 6 f... hours to get those drops,this is the dumb part. I'm one of those very people and thought I would rather watch a consistent silent stream going on at background or maybe even leave pc overnight for the drops. Therefore I opened this stream for the people who thinks like me. I'm not forcing anyone to be on that stream,I'm not promising anything extra...in fact I frequently inform my viewers that they can also watch other streams as well and it will be count/summed for drops.(Check the chat texts in this screenshot)

disclaimerss.thumb.png.18a31164569c79816c67253530b3091f.png

If you still want to hate me there is no furthermore I can say.

*btw a few viewers said watching from phone application works as well,a lot of people asks that just wanted to inform you guys.

The only thing I have problem with is: Why doesn't the Overwatch community settle thing when this is like two thirds of casual drops there

2 hours ago, misswoggie said:

I am playing on console right now and got all three drops watching twitch. you get a little notification on twitch and will see the gift on your inventory screen. However, there is nothing for me to open when I log in to dst on my console, not even an empty present with a thingamabob. so no idea when we will actually be able to access our gifts on console, but I am confident it will not be too long.

@PeterAsaid on page 6 of this thread that console players will be able to see the drops until the next update for that console comes out. So if you get the twitch notifications, you have the drops.

• Developer
12 hours ago, Daermoon said:

Klei ID: KU_uBKU-530

Twitch: Daermoon

Steam: Daermoon

You'll need to log in to DST to get the items. They should be there next time you play.

4 hours ago, Arteril said:

Hello everyone. I'm one of those ''afk streamers''. It suprises me how quickly this made me ''hated in community'' ......

We are going to be removing drops from AFK twitch streams soon. 

Twitch drops are intended to be a way to support Twitch streamers that provide quality content for our community and AFK streams disrupt the effectiveness of the system.

To be clear. The best way to implement this system is through white listing streamers so that only SOME streamers are allowed to give drops. We are trying to avoid this. We want ALL streamers who choose to support our community to be able to take part in the Twitch drops, but we will go to a whitelisted system if we are forced to do so. 

10 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Twitch drops are intended to be a way to support Twitch streamers that provide quality content for our community and AFK streams disrupt the effectiveness of the system.

To be clear. The best way to implement this system is through white listing streamers so that only SOME streamers are allowed to give drops. We are trying to avoid this. We want ALL streamers who choose to support our community to be able to take part in the Twitch drops, but we will go to a whitelisted system if we are forced to do so. 

EVERY AFKER HIDE AND DELETE YOUR TWITCH

3 hours ago, MasterWolf said:

@PeterAsaid on page 6 of this thread that console players will be able to see the drops until the next update for that console comes out. So if you get the twitch notifications, you have the drops.

yes, I am aware.

I was simply trying to give a very complete answer to another console player.

8 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Whitelisting chosen streamers will just make people even more upset,you will be ''forcing'' people to watch a few unique streamers while they don't even want to watch any streamer at all. I doubt you would like to hear any suggestion from an ''afk streamer'' but I highly recommend you finding a more reasonable way as an early access player. Well,apperantly no other way comes to my mind but I guess thats why I'm not working for Klei and you do.

Btw I'm suprised that you didn't ask me to close my stream..I believe if I did close it people will still ask for other afk'ers and it will just transfer the problem but I really would close it if you did ask.

26 minutes ago, Arteril said:

Whitelisting chosen streamers will just make people even more upset,you will be ''forcing'' people to watch a few unique streamers while they don't even want to watch any streamer at all.

People aren't being forced to watch, you can still put up a muted stream in the background if you're certain you do not want to give any chance to see or hear any of it.

26 minutes ago, Arteril said:

Btw I'm suprised that you didn't ask me to close my stream..I believe if I did close it people will still ask for other afk'ers and it will just transfer the problem but I really would close it if you did ask.

By removing drops from afk streams you will no longer have a reason to keep it up. It's a clear, indirect message that you should not create any more accounts to do it otherwise you'll be "forcing" the whitelist.

Archived