The Most Powerful Trap In Don't Starve & Don't Starve Together

Interesting idea, thanks for sharing!

For the part at 3:40, there is a DST mod called Instant Drop, with which you can drop single items at the exact same location even on PC. With that mod enabled there is no need to fill your inventory and let the tufts fall one by one.

Oh wow, I literally just finished a video on how to cheese Bee Queen using the same technique. There are a few improvements you can make to the strategy.

You can use the Quick Drop mod to stack items perfectly on top of each other on PC.

While you can use plants as burn fodder, it's much easier to use rope, which also has a burn time of 30 seconds (Boards, Lureplants, Spider Eggs, and other plantables also have 30 second burn timers). It's very important that you use a maximum of 24 rope. In DST, there's a maximum damage cap for burn damage (120dps). Burning rope does 5dps, so 24 rope will reach this cap.

A Lazy Explorer is not required. You can simply use the /rescue command, which will place you back onto land if you happen to have glitched out into the ocean, or abyss.

While lureplants and wardrobes are completely viable for clipping out of the map, you only need a single lureplant to do so. Wardrobes aren't the only structures you can use to clip out of the map. Any structure with unit collision works, although wardrobes are the easiest and most consistent. You can also use two wood gates and sculptures at the edge of the map to clip yourself out. Simply place two gates by the edge of the ocean, and two sculptures behind them. This will act as a doorway to the ocean, as closing the gates will push you into the sculptures, which will further push you out of bounds.

Note for Bee Queen: there's a possibility of her spawning grumble bees in the ocean, so you should keep a weapon on you just in case.

1 hour ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Oh wow, I literally just finished a video on how to cheese Bee Queen using the same technique. There are a few improvements you can make to the strategy.

You can use the Quick Drop mod to stack items perfectly on top of each other on PC.

While you can use plants as burn fodder, it's much easier to use rope, which also has a burn time of 30 seconds (Boards, Lureplants, Spider Eggs, and other plantables also have 30 second burn timers). It's very important that you use a maximum of 24 rope. In DST, there's a maximum damage cap for burn damage (120dps). Burning rope does 5dps, so 24 rope will reach this cap.

A Lazy Explorer is not required. You can simply use the /rescue command, which will place you back onto land if you happen to have glitched out into the ocean, or abyss.

While lureplants and wardrobes are completely viable for clipping out of the map, you only need a single lureplant to do so. Wardrobes aren't the only structures you can use to clip out of the map. Any structure with unit collision works, although wardrobes are the easiest and most consistent. You can also use two wood gates and sculptures at the edge of the map to clip yourself out. Simply place two gates by the edge of the ocean, and two sculptures behind them. This will act as a doorway to the ocean, as closing the gates will push you into the sculptures, which will further push you out of bounds.

Note for Bee Queen: there's a possibility of her spawning grumble bees in the ocean, so you should keep a weapon on you just in case.

My my, you truly are a professional. You have my respect. But here's what I would like to say.

1. I try to stay away from mods that change game mechanic, as it gets rid of the challenge. The only reason I recommended use of health info mod is because it doesn't necessarily make the game easier. If one wishes to play game without the mod, he or she could simply calculate the rough amount of damage per second in head

2. I was not aware of the damage capacity for burning for DST and thank you for telling me, I have wrote it on the comment section of my video.

3. I was not aware of /rescue command either, again thank you. (But that feels wee bit crossing the thin line between exploiting and cheating, since it's like using console command)

4. I'm aware that you could use more structures than, but I chose wardrobe among 'craftable' structures since it happens to be the cheapest option. The reason I used 3 lureplant bulb is because it was the most stable way to push you out. After multiple trial and error, I realized using only 1 or two lureplants does not always push you out, but push you to side instead. Definitely not the best scenario when angry giant is coming after you. 3 lureplants however always achieved the glitch. 

Thank you very much, I learned a lot from your comment

15 minutes ago, JamesBucket said:

My my, you truly are a professional. You have my respect. But here's what I would like to say.

1. I try to stay away from mods that change game mechanic, as it gets rid of the challenge. The only reason I recommended use of health info mod is because it doesn't necessarily make the game easier. If one wishes to play game without the mod, he or she could simply calculate the rough amount of damage per second in head

2. I was not aware of the damage capacity for burning for DST and thank you for telling me, I have wrote it on the comment section of my video.

3. I was not aware of /rescue command either, again thank you. (But that feels wee bit crossing the thin line between exploiting and cheating, since it's like using console command)

4. I'm aware that you could use more structures than, but I chose wardrobe among 'craftable' structures since it happens to be the cheapest option. The reason I used 3 lureplant bulb is because it was the most stable way to push you out. After multiple trial and error, I realized using only 1 or two lureplants does not always push you out, but push you to side instead. Definitely not the best scenario when angry giant is coming after you. 3 lureplants however always achieved the glitch. 

Thank you very much, I learned a lot from your comment

Usually, I would never use mods as part of a strategy unless they're client side (which Quick Pick is) so that the strategy can be used on any server, or if it's really that novel of a strategy that it warrants a mod (and vice versa). I wouldn't showcase a strategy for using a tweaked item from a rebalance mod for example, but I would condone something that utilizes a mod like geometric placement to build a perfect set-up. I have my hopes up for the Island Adventures mod (DST Shipwrecked port), and might consider sharing strategies that utilize boats or strategies for Shipwrecked specific bosses.

I don't think I explained the map clipping with gates/sculptures very well, so here's a short video demo I recorded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoyQrc86eYU&feature=youtu.be

All else aside, I'm glad you're back! I really enjoy your videos.

7 hours ago, JamesBucket said:

Really bizarre ethics. The whole point of your cheese, as far as I can tell, is to "get rid of the challenge". What's the difference between avoiding otherwise challenging fights by exploiting a glitch and using mods or the /rescue command? You really want to pat yourself on the shoulder for needing a lazy explorer to make the cheese work? Makes no sense to me, but each to their own.

Anyway, fun observation, not that l can see myself ever using any of this.

9 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Usually, I would never use mods as part of a strategy unless they're client side (which Quick Pick is) so that the strategy can be used on any server, or if it's really that novel of a strategy that it warrants a mod (and vice versa). I wouldn't showcase a strategy for using a tweaked item from a rebalance mod for example, but I would condone something that utilizes a mod like geometric placement to build a perfect set-up.

I believe our difference comes from what we deem as "fair gameplay". Just to explain myself bit more, I never recommend using mods in my videos(and am sort of regretting showing one here), but at the time I made this video I thought mods that do not change game mechanic, but simply display 'what is' is rather 'forgivable'(for example the geometric placement mod you mentioned, which does not LET you put crock pot right next to another crock pot, but simply shows IF you could). However, after reading your comment I must admit that ones's strategy can change due to use of health info mod, and could possibly 'ease' the process of obtaining giant's loot. You are right, and I rescind my previous comment on that matter.

Btw, stacking items on top of each other without the quick drop mod is possible, but requires you to own a controller and then switching from keyboard to the controller in the settings, if you really wanted to be "modless". But say you don't own a controller or just want to play with just KB&M? Then quick drop is a substitute to be able to do a feature already possible in-game with a controller. 

Not that I really care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

7 hours ago, JamesBucket said:

but at the time I made this video I thought mods that do not change game mechanic, but simply display 'what is' is rather 'forgivable'

In a way, you actually are changing a mechanic. You're revealing information that's otherwise hidden. And when you have access to hidden info like that it can change how you play.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

In a way, you actually are changing a mechanic. You're revealing information that's otherwise hidden. And when you have access to hidden info like that it can change how you play.

"However, after reading your comment I must admit that ones's strategy can change due to use of health info mod, and could possibly 'ease' the process of obtaining giant's loot. You are right, and I rescind my previous comment on that matter."

What happened to that part of my quote? Please don't just take part of what I said to prove your own point.

2 hours ago, JamesBucket said:

just take part of what I said to prove your own point.

Alright, I will. This is just a (stupid) joke. Don't take offense.

Ok, jokes aside... I don't see what the big deal is here. It's certainly not an attack on you (I enjoy your DS/T content quite a lot). I was just throwing in my two cents on the matter, even if the conclusion you came to is essentially the same as an opinion I've held for a long time.

Archived