If only Camille knew what was inside that Espresso...

1 minute ago, goboking said:

I didn't see an espresso machine in the beta branch, is this an upgraded version of the water cooler?  I'm hoping so since it means I can get rid of my pitcher pump.

It is something added in the release that went live just now. It require a water input and pincha nuts to make coffee, which gives them a better morale. It also takes 480W of power and in research, comes really late in the tech tree.

water cooler = +1 morale ; espresso +4
And remember that your dupes have a limited break time, sure you could extend it so they can harnest all morale points, but for instance if you have 3 hour downtime, dupes usually only have time to go to the toilet-> eat-> dance<-->play vidya and one extra activity. 

34 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

why not get both?

Because the water cooler requires a pump.  If I can get better results out of the espresso machine, then that's all justification I need to get rid of my pitcher pump (since everything else is fed by pipes).

21 minutes ago, Malkeus said:

Lol...This is what making a cup of expresso (this is how ONI should spell it) with 1kg of pincha would look like.

In that case I wouldn't wonder if I see Camille locked in a room or outside of the base after a few days.

Archived