Playable Pigman Speculation

Since Hamlet is coming SoonTM, I think it'd be fun to speculate about new characters. I know they didn't confirm any, but out of the two whole DLCs we have both introduced new characters (Even if the Shipwrecked crew seems to be non-canonical to the overall Don't Starve storyline?) so it's a safe bet. 

An easy guess would be a playable pigman, but what powers would such a character have? I've thought of a few but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

My guesses (Note that I don't mean all of these on one character, just a possible list of powers):

• Increased damage to basic punching attack.
  • Able to sleep in Pig Houses like sleep furniture. 
  • Befriending other pigs spreads around like Webber befriending spiders. 
  • Increased gold nugget gain from Pig King trades.
  • (Temporary) Werepig transformation, same conditions as normal pigs. (High damage output for high sanity drain, maybe?)

4 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

Increased gold nugget gain from Pig King trades.

It'd be funny if the Pig King went to the hamlet world for a nice civilized vacation where he doesn't have to witness his people being slaughtered for meat chops then being fed to him.

58 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

It'd be funny if the Pig King went to the hamlet world for a nice civilized vacation where he doesn't have to witness his people being slaughtered for meat chops then being fed to him.

I'm pretty sure that it says the Pig King left with a handful of followers to the Constant to establish his domain in freedom, something along those lines. So I'm sure he feels that Hamlet isn't good enough, even if that means having to deal with his servants being butchered in exchange for gold.

1 minute ago, glommerhugger said:

I'm pretty sure that it says the Pig King left with a handful of followers to the Constant to establish his domain in freedom, something along those lines. So I'm sure he feels that Hamlet isn't good enough, even if that means having to deal with his servants being butchered in exchange for gold.

Or maybe he doesn't automatically know that meat comes from Pigs, I'm pretty sure other creatures drop meat that looks exactly the same and his tribe doesn't seem like the brightest light bulbs in the cave. 

A character idea that I really like (not sure it fits with Hamlet though).

Two-Headed

So sticking with the Gothic nature of the game and also the circus characters, I was thinking of something like Bette and Dot Tattler from America Horror Story. So a character with two heads, has two brains, but has one heart and stomach like other players.

The downside, is that the character has two sanity bars to deal with, one corresponding to each head. If one head goes crazy, even if the other isn't, they will get attacked by sanity monsters regardless. Each head can wear a hat, so if you want both of them to have good sanity, then you will have to have two hats; one for each head.

However, the major upside is that each head can wear a different hat. So for fighting in difficult seasons, this is really useful. You can wear armour on one head, while wearing cold, heat, rain or sanity protection on the other. So for example, when fighting in Summer, you no longer have to worry about overheating, as you can have a Football Helmet on one head and an Eyebrella on the other one.

And if you are a skilled player, and temperature and sanity aren't ever an issue, you can forget all about that, and just wear two Football Helmets, one on each head, and double your protection points. 

Also, maybe each head is voiced by a different instrument. 

I very much doubt we'll see a new character though. 

1 hour ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I very much doubt we'll see a new character though. 

There hasn't been a single player DLC yet that hasn't had one.

Wigfrid and Webber were introduced in Reign of Giants, and four characters that don't seem to be coming to DST ever were introduced in Shipwrecked.

33 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

There hasn't been a single player DLC yet that hasn't had one.

Wigfrid and Webber were introduced in Reign of Giants, and four characters that don't seem to be coming to DST ever were introduced in Shipwrecked.

True...But Hamlet seems very different. I don't know, we'll have to wait.

Also...A playable pig character, doesn't really work. It would only work if it's very different from the normal pig civilians. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

True...But Hamlet seems very different. I don't know, we'll have to wait.

Also...A playable pig character, doesn't really work. It would only work if it's very different from the normal pig civilians. 

It could always be a particularly aristocratic ones the others listen to, sort of like how Wilbur is only different from the Prime Apes because he's their king. 

Or it could be another human player of some kind, I know we'll have to wait but it's fun to speculate in the meantime. 

Archived