No. You cannot drown the slicksters.

7 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Will it grow to adult when you load the game?

It has been a baby through many game loads.  I think it is stuck in that holding breath animation so it never does anything else.

6 hours ago, Carnis said:

Can you only kill them with The attack command?

Cool pacu Pond. All wild?

Yeah all wild.  It is where I stored off gassing stuff as well.  It is good for some passive meat.

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Throw them into scalding liquid.

Reveal hidden contents

You heathens. 5b0c1f7c86ce8_screenshot--295-(1).png.098175d6690c97be2f13214cc9ea6d87.png

Even if that does work the point is that they don't ever die from drowning.

I've seen them die many times, in situation that made me think it was due to drowning.

I've also not been able to kill a slickster by drowning it in a room in the current build. (To many hours played to remember if one of my bases had slicksters in the kill rooms, I've designed)

As you noticed the critter going into holding breath mode, even prevents ageing, but is that due to the room preventing the transition, maybe because it lacks movement choices?

Does a room under liquid with an option for the slicksters to move to escape, say X tiles away it can surface, allow drowning?

Is the slickster "drownings" not possible in the current game build?

Was, in some fantastical coincidence, every death that made me think the slickster drowned an age one?

17 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Keep the slickster in there, eventually it'll go above the livable temperature and die. :drunk:

You are right.

20180529041141_1.thumb.jpg.8c489531b2565d13f637bf64921b2d75.jpg

It died very quickly after its body temperature went past 90 degrees.  Since  this is the case I should be able to make a hot room for them to hatch in.  90 degrees is very manageable.

3 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

You are right.

20180529041141_1.thumb.jpg.8c489531b2565d13f637bf64921b2d75.jpg

It died very quickly after its body temperature went past 90 degrees.  Since  this is the case I should be able to make a hot room for them to hatch in.  90 degrees is very manageable.

YOU MONSTER!!! WHY WOULD YOU KILL A BABBY SLICKSTER?!?!?! :wilson_horror:

9 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I am kinda siding with Albryant, I mean imagine a cute, tasty BBQ, I mean that way your getting the cuteness, and the taste. definitely better than just cuteness

26 minutes ago, Albryant said:

Cute don't beat the delicious taste of BBQ.

Spoiler

I'm perfectly fine with you guys killing them as adults...but not the babbies! :wilson_cry:

4 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Or not ranching at all in the RANCHING update.

It's useless, unproductive, and a waste of time and resources. This whole update was a waste of my time and the time that it took for these incompetent devs to make the thing. Why it wasn't canned out of the gate baffles me to this day. :wilson_facepalm:

Honestly Klei should just scrap and cancel the game, as it's not even going anywhere and people obviously hate everything they're putting into it. 

Oh, close the doors to their trash studio. Just my modest opinion. :wilson_goodjob:

Archived