No. You cannot drown the slicksters.

2 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

which parts of the animal are edible?  Would slicksters have legit hair or would it be goo strings, in which case wouldn't that be closer to pasta noodles?

What part of the slickster is meat? I thought they were just cartilaginous flaps.

...Although ground cartilage makes gelatin, which means the dupes could make jello...OH GOD!! :wilson_horror:

So, let's see.  We got slickster gelatin for desert, with a side of noodles.  Drecko steaks, comes with it's own tinder box and/or Tupperware.  Bug eggs and Hatch Bacon for breakfast.  Squeaky Puft and Prince Pufts for good breathing and some specific music genre or two, and Pacu in its many forms as a side dish for fishies.

We're one good frozen critter away from Ice Cream and having one heck of a grand meal... and now I want to put some mushrooms on that drecko steak...

All this talk of ingredients made from various Critter based materials has me thinking that a Culinary Update would be ideal....  Rework the existing Microbe Musher and Grill, add a few more kitchen themed appliances, create a couple of new Rooms.

Cooking in a Kitchen room (requires 1 or more food based appliances) gives your Chefs a % chance based on their cooking skill to make that particular dish have a higher Quality.  Food  ingredients cannot go Stale in a Larder (room with at least 1 Fridge/Ration Box, reworks the existing Stale/spoilage mechanics).  Rework existing recipes -- Raw Foods are refined to Cooking Ingredients, that make finished Dishes.

9 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

All this talk of ingredients made from various Critter based materials has me thinking that a Culinary Update would be ideal....  Rework the existing Microbe Musher and Grill, add a few more kitchen themed appliances, create a couple of new Rooms.

Cooking in a Kitchen room (requires 1 or more food based appliances) gives your Chefs a % chance based on their cooking skill to make that particular dish have a higher Quality.  Food  ingredients cannot go Stale in a Larder (room with at least 1 Fridge/Ration Box, reworks the existing Stale/spoilage mechanics).  Rework existing recipes -- Raw Foods are refined to Cooking Ingredients, that make finished Dishes.

Nice ideas.  It would be simpler to implement and augment both ranching and cooking.  Both of those job trees at the bottom are lacking content.

Don't want to make it too micromanagey though.

I hope everyone do realize kill rooms is a waste of time, you get the same meat and whatever other benefits the critter gives from letting them die of old age.

When they die doesn't matter in how much meat you get, it's the rate of birth that control the amount.

If you use a "wild area" for the critters to live, you can even boost the rate of meat generation by having them generating more births..

10 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

I hope everyone do realize kill rooms is a waste of time, you get the same meat and whatever other benefits the critter gives from letting them die of old age.

The issue isn't the quantity of meat, or when you get it.  The point is managing the number of Critters managed in a Stable.  Keeping that number as close to the maximum as possible without going over, causing Overcrowding, which WILL affect the rate at which Meat is generated.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

When they die doesn't matter in how much meat you get, it's the rate of birth that control the amount.

If you use a "wild area" for the critters to live, you can even boost the rate of meat generation by having them generating more births..

Lag.

I've probably got an average of an egg or two hatching every cycle.  That would be hundreds of critters pathing around starving or waiting out their life which can be upwards of 150 cycles.  Late game gets laggy enough with 0 critters.

Archived