Getting the most out of a Slush Geyser

Using a slush geyser that outputs an average of 5.5Kg/s of -10C polluted water, I have built a power plant capable of generating 12.4Kw (10 natural gas generators, 4 coal generators, and 1 petroleum generator)

1.png.08707f5ef835db999b68c9f57e3f1abd.png

The only input needed is sand for the water sieves/deodorizers and O2 for the exo suit dock.  Everything else is self sustaining 

20180501085358_1.thumb.jpg.8149251e62a02ce6f1ebb25d6ad13a7f.jpg

Starting from the Geyser the polluted water acts as coolant keeping the petroleum generator, smart batteries, natural gas generators, and aqua tuners cool.  Eventually being pumped out from the bottom right of the tank to the rest of the build.

The 3 smart batteries control the 3 different generators  (80% charged for the natural gas generators, 50% charged for the coal generators, and 10% charged for the petroleum generator)

The air pump near the bottom pumps out excess Polluted Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.  The PO is pumped to the transformers to keep them cool and convert into O2 by deodorizers. 

The CO2 goes to the Molten Slickster stables

The liquid pump next to the air pump is for overflow, that goes to the water sieves then aqua tuners and dumped in the cold water tank kept at 10C for future use

5.thumb.png.b1d3288213b9a29599a802c66bc5eaf6.png

The cold PO2 is pumped from the tank and using radiator pipes keeps the coal generators and petroleum tank cool before ending at the fertilizer farm

4.thumb.png.f76ae90b1982c6d60b877bbea4627b0b.png

There are 30 fertilizer synthesizers that need a total of 4.5Kg/s of PO2.  The Geyser emits 5.5Kg/s plus a little extra from the natural gas generators.  At the bottom there are 2 air pumps that supply 5 natural gas generators each.

Also a clock sensor opens all the doors for 0.5% duration each cycle. 2 sweepers collect the fertilizer and sends them to the sage hatch stables

3.thumb.png.2c550735636752d26314392fae0b7a86.png

The synthesizers make 2160Kg per cycle

The fertilizer is fed to 16 sage hatches which in turn convert it to coal at 1:1 ratio

The coal is sent to the coal generators

dupes carry the sage eggs to a ration box were they eventually hatch.  The baby sage hatches can replace any adult that reaches the end of it's life cycle.  I have a ration box above the exo suit dock for molten slickster eggs as well

6.thumb.png.5fdc6380b318896a0438790aa47f1580.png

I LOVE this!!  Such a cool build!  Can you post some overlays if you get a sec??  I'd love to see at least automation overlay and conveyor, maybe plumbing?  What you've done is so interconnected.    Great job, thanks for sharing!

1 minute ago, Denisetwin said:

I LOVE this!!  Such a cool build!  Can you post some overlays if you get a sec??  I'd love to see at least automation overlay and conveyor, maybe plumbing?  What you've done is so interconnected.    Great job, thanks for sharing!

I just left for work.  I'll post some overlays when I get home tonight

2 minutes ago, Kiros said:

That's ALOT of metal to use in a normal game.

Not really, a valcano can supply that in a few hundred cycles

Really nice build, matching up a bunch of systems and loops, @Neotuck!

Only question, don't the molten slicksters need a high temp to survive?  Do they just maintain their body temp despite the cold surroundings?  (I haven't played with them yet.)

3 hours ago, TheOlz said:

Only question, don't the molten slicksters need a high temp to survive?  Do they just maintain their body temp despite the cold surroundings?  (I haven't played with them yet.)

No they don't need high temps but they do generate a lot of heat, main reason I had to make a radiator in the petroleum tank is the molten slicksters would make the petroleum so hot it would melt the pump

7.thumb.png.08033eda548c2a3e0b14178e46a62732.png

That is how I believe bases need to be built on The current build. Just the deos/sieve arent needed.

All of these can be built on separate segments and slush can be used to cool the entire base + the generators via piping. System can easily Be built in a distributed way, slicksters at the bottom with coal/petrol and hatches anywhere. Makes a lot of calories too.

3 hours ago, Carnis said:

That is how I believe bases need to be built on The current build. Just the deos/sieve arent needed.

lol.
In my last maps i never had one of those slush geysers, everything random.
I bet he added many geysers in debug, before he found one with nice output ^^

2 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

So where are the smart batteries? Or is the whole thing supposed to run at 12.4kw full tilt all the time?

Look under the geyser next to the petroleum generator

9 hours ago, Carnis said:

perhaps but what would you suggest for excess PO and PO2?

Sand is no longer finite if you have a volcano on your map so why not use it?  

12 hours ago, Neotuck said:

No they don't need high temps but they do generate a lot of heat, main reason I had to make a radiator in the petroleum tank is the molten slicksters would make the petroleum so hot it would melt the pump

7.thumb.png.08033eda548c2a3e0b14178e46a62732.png

Molten slicks are born at 160c and excrete ar the body temperature so cooling them can be a nightmare as you also need to cool the petroleum coming out and the thing you're cooling them with is likely the co2 you feed them, which is being actively deleted. I'm still mulling over good long term solutions to this as my first molten slickster stable took a lot of overheat damage towards the end of that seed.

1 hour ago, JonnyMonroe said:

Molten slicks are born at 160c and excrete ar the body temperature so cooling them can be a nightmare as you also need to cool the petroleum coming out and the thing you're cooling them with is likely the co2 you feed them, which is being actively deleted. I'm still mulling over good long term solutions to this as my first molten slickster stable took a lot of overheat damage towards the end of that seed.

Depends on whether or not you're going to cook it to NatGas or not.  If you're using the Petro as coolant, you'd want to "refrigerate" your Molten Slicksters in your production Stable (not your breeding stable).  If you are going to boil the Petro into NatGas, you want to keep those Molten Slicksters as hot as you can to minimize the amount of heat you need to generate to actually boil it.

4 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Depends on whether or not you're going to cook it to NatGas or not.  If you're using the Petro as coolant, you'd want to "refrigerate" your Molten Slicksters in your production Stable (not your breeding stable).  If you are going to boil the Petro into NatGas, you want to keep those Molten Slicksters as hot as you can to minimize the amount of heat you need to generate to actually boil it.

and how do you plan to remove 160C petroleum from your stables to cook it into nat gas?  Or are you planning to cook it under the sables and have the nat gas and CO2 mix?

6 hours ago, JonnyMonroe said:

thing you're cooling them with is likely the co2 you feed them

no the CO2 doesn't cool the petroleum fast enough, eventually it overheats and breaks the liquid pump.  What I use to keep it cool is have PHO2 piped though radiant pipes and temp shift plates (both made with gold)

In these pictures I removed the pipes and let the temp shift plates heat up after only 10 cycles

8.thumb.png.b4a4432cfab472831691d96317e91499.png8.1.thumb.png.8f13eb613c1557399fd6dcea200b1ee8.png9.thumb.png.c4bcecf091a542f9f28928e47664b0c8.png

Then I added the gold pipes back in and within seconds the petroleum and gold temp shift plates were cold

10.thumb.png.439874b0a13ba21d84e52a0d2a8900be.png11.thumb.png.3bf28093b76bf4ececc3f1674b3d7d60.png

So for your radiator you are using PH20, and not PO2....right? I'm pretty sure that's liequid pipe in that pic so I assume you meant PH20. Just wondering if I'm using the wrong coolant lol. Been using tungsten and Diamond for my pipes and plates. Did not realize the gold would be so much better. Thank you for all this good info.

31 minutes ago, monster3d2015 said:

So for your radiator you are using PH20, and not PO2....right? I'm pretty sure that's liequid pipe in that pic so I assume you meant PH20. Just wondering if I'm using the wrong coolant lol. Been using tungsten and Diamond for my pipes and plates. Did not realize the gold would be so much better. Thank you for all this good info.

I edited my post, PH2O is correct

11 hours ago, Neotuck said:

and how do you plan to remove 160C petroleum from your stables to cook it into nat gas?

I think you could use a method where you collect the petrol in the stables, then dump it out to a chamber below by opening a mech airlock door.  And, in that chamber you manage the petrol cooking.  You'd still have to manage gas mixing a bit, but I think it could be done pretty safely.

40 minutes ago, TheOlz said:

I think you could use a method where you collect the petrol in the stables, then dump it out to a chamber below by opening a mech airlock door.  And, in that chamber you manage the petrol cooking.  You'd still have to manage gas mixing a bit, but I think it could be done pretty safely.

I was thinking more along the lines of having the floor of the Slickster Stable being all Mesh Tiles, the Petro falls through for a moderate distance to a tank/room below where you add just a bit more heat to get NatGas.  But that does raise a question -- which settles lower, NatGas or CO2?  If it's the CO2 then yeah it's an issue.

10 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

I was thinking more along the lines of having the floor of the Slickster Stable being all Mesh Tiles, the Petro falls through for a moderate distance to a tank/room below where you add just a bit more heat to get NatGas.  But that does raise a question -- which settles lower, NatGas or CO2?  If it's the CO2 then yeah it's an issue.

co2 is the heaviest, so yeah you couldn't have mesh floors :p

Archived