[UPDATE] Physical Megapack Disc Replacement (PS4)

I bought this game at release and didn't keep the recept. I figured it's a brand new game why would there be a problem. Is there anything we can do to rectify this problem ifor I don't have the recept. I don't mind a digital copy and can send in my hard copy. I already sent you guys an email. Just doing everything I can to make sure I get a response.

I bought this knowing that I would only get dst but I don't mind because I want to support this company and their amazing game. I also believe that they will stick to their word and get us the new disks when they are available.

We're coming up on 3 months without even a clue about how this is going to be resolved.  Just a bunch of "We'll tell you when we know more."  Instead of actually giving their customers the product that they paid for, they are working on and updating Hot Lava.  At this point I don't believe we are ever going to see a disc with the content that so many of us, again, ALREADY PAID FOR!  This is by far the single worst experience I've ever had as a customer of a company.  At least when I get the wrong order at McDonald's they fix it within minutes.  These folks put a band aid on an amputated leg by giving out digital download codes and called it good.

Edited by Chris_M

@Chris_M

They say they can't give us discs because the publisher hasn't produced any complete discs. Klei has, at a minimum, been more direct and responsive to complaints than 505 has, and all evidence points to this being 505's fault. Meanwhile, 505 seems to like pretending that there is no issue here, rather than attempt to address it (that would mean admitting they made a mistake, and loosing a sizable chunk of revenue). If everything is as we've been led to believe, Klei is probably taking legal action against 505 Games right now. Generally (as you, Chris_M, pointed out), each side would be ill-advised to publicly shame the other side while such proceedings are underway, so Klei can't state outright that this is all 505's fault.

Klei does not have the ability to print discs without a publisher. Their publisher does not appear to be cooperating. When all is said and done, one or both of them will be taking a big financial hit for a mistake that seems to belong entirely to one side (Klei and Don't Starve have already taken an undeserved hit to their reputation because of this). Don't blame them for working on other games; that's what's keeping the lights on in the meantime. If they drop everything to fight this, they'll run themselves out of business.

Your most recent post here gives the impression that the blame belongs to the wrong side. Keep calm, and let them deal with this as they can. If you can't do that, at least direct your complaints at 505 Games, where they belong.

• Like 1

Perhaps this is a good way for me to explain. 

Effectively, while we made the game that was (supposed to be) on the discs the product you purchased was 505's. They printed them, they worked out the deals with retail that sold them and they are entirely in control of ever aspect of manufacturing and selling those discs - the content (supposed to be) on the disc was made by us. 

I told you what they told us. 

I hesitate to go into any more detail, but again. We have offered to have them send us the discs so that we could send them out to those affected ourselves and they said they would do that. We're waiting for that to happen, other than asking again and again there is nothing else we can do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The only thing that i find baffling is the fact that 505 hasn't recalled the discs from the stores. I see them in several different stores and when i inform the managers almost every single one of them say they either aren't aware of the issue or don't care. One manager said and i quote "i don't care if there are issues with what's on the disc, that is the customers problem, not mine". I then proceeded to tell him how i felt he lacked ethics and a few other choice words, and lets just say i am no longer welcomed in that particular Gamestop. 

I wouldn't mind picking up a physical copy, even though i already own all of the versions digitally. The thing is though i don't know if i will now because it doesn't seem like 505 will remove the defective copies when *let me rephrase that* if they put out proper copies. 

Klei treats their players with such ridiculous generosity, they really didn't deserve an accident like this. Hope it all gets resolved without a wheelbarrow of cash being spent by our beloved game company!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's unacceptable that this problem still hasn't been fixed. And whatever the reasoning of the game maker, people that buy your games have no relation with the distribution channel you've used, nor should they. So if something like this goes wrong, don't point your finger, and get the damned problem fixed, instead of waiting passively, like a puppy for its master. And if all else fails, sue the bastards who screwed up.

Edited by Roodkapje

On 7/9/2018 at 7:32 PM, JoeW said:

I hesitate to go into any more detail, but again. We have offered to have them send us the discs so that we could send them out to those affected ourselves and they said they would do that. We're waiting for that to happen, other than asking again and again there is nothing else we can do. 

Hi @JoeW,

Is there any way for me to provide feedback to 505? I promise I'd be polite. I'd just like them to know what I mentioned in my post above: 

That I purchased three (3) PS4 copies for our library system and I am still unable to circulate them 2+ (well, now it's 3+) months after release.

TIA, KCPL.

• Thanks 1

Hey everybody. 

Quick update

The discs are now in our possession so we can get moving on sending out replacements. I know this has taken way too long to get resolved, we have been doing literally everything we can to push this along as much as we can. Now that we have those discs we can get you all fixed up. 

We're finalizing things on our end but we're no longer dependent on 505 to resolve this end of the issue. We are finalizing our process for getting replacement orders processed and we anticipate that we will start this process sometime this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Question, i plan on picking the disc version up sometime down the line(when i have some extra money) but what i need to know is, are the copies in stores still the incomplete versions? If so i don't think i'll pick it up since i don't have a computer and wouldn't be able to post a pic of a receipt to make an exchange with use. 

Hey Everybody.

We are just about ready to start replacing discs, so I want to give you a quick update on how this will work.

Purchasers in North America that were given digital codes either from us or on their receipt will be able to use their codes on our store to order a new full retail boxed copy of the game including controller skin. We will be handling these replacements ourselves as we do not have an adequate distribution channel to send to SIEE players outside of North America. 

North American players who purchased after 4/26/2018 should already have this code on the bottom of their receipt. If you purchased before this date and do not have a code yet, check out this page for directions on getting your code. 

SIEE Players outside of North America will need to use a different process to claim a replacement through 505 directly we will have details on that soon. 

We are making sure everything is in order right now and expect to go live with disc replacements on 8/14 and will post here with more info. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just bought a copy 2 days ago at GS...same issue..GS told me they'd give me a refund..are there any means for me to get a copy with all the content..sorry if this info is in the thread but I couldn't find it...no code on my receipt as says in the thread btw

Edited by jbwilk

@jbwilk Please send an email to our live support with the following information, and we can assist with the missing content:

- Your Region (North America / Europe)
- Your Klei Account ID (If you have PS Plus) Here's how to find it: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/2935835
- Your PSN Account ID (If you do not have PS Plus or a Klei Account ID) – http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2935840-physical-mega-pack-disc-support-information#PSNID
- A picture of your physical receipt, or a copy of your digital receipt for your Don't Starve Mega Pack purchase.

Hi,

I am from the Philippines and I bought one of these defective copies. So far from what I read, only in north america and europe regions will the new copy be release. I am now wondering how can I have mine replaced? PSN account is Singapore region.

Hoping for your immediate response.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, k1LLu4 said:

Hi,

I am from the Philippines and I bought one of these defective copies. So far from what I read, only in north america and europe regions will the new copy be release. I am now wondering how can I have mine replaced? PSN account is Singapore region.

Hoping for your immediate response.

Thank you.

Follow the instructions in the post above yours and we can help you out: 

2 hours ago, xskramx said:

will they be shipped to stores, I've been waiting for a physical copy :(

How would i get my hands on one ?...

They are in stores now. Just don't buy from Target and you should be fine. 

Update - 

We aren't going to be able to start taking claims today - we just got the valid codes from 505 that we need to verify vouchers given on receipts and we can't process claims until those are processed and there are quite a few of them - so it's going to take several hours to process. . 

We anticipate that if all goes well, things should be ready within the next couple days. Sorry for the delay, we want to make sure that this system goes smoothly for those affected by this issue.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, JoeW said:

We are finalizing our process for getting replacement orders processed and we anticipate that we will start this process sometime this week. 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:23 PM, JoeW said:

We are making sure everything is in order right now and expect to go live with disc replacements on 8/14 and will post here with more info. 

On 8/14/2018 at 5:41 PM, JoeW said:

We anticipate that if all goes well, things should be ready within the next couple days.

Just saying, you might want to really have everything in place before you give a timeline instead of just pushing it back and pushing it back.

We are now ready to accept claims for PS4 Megapack replacements. 

Once again, our deepest appologies for this entire situation. We understand that your purchase of the Megapack was a show of support by our fans, many of which already owned the game. Please know that we have done our best to push as hard as we can for a quick and fair resolution to this issue. This has taken WAY too long to be resolved but we have done everything in our power to make sure our fans get what they purchased.  

We are going to use the voucher codes we have been using to provide the digital version to claim the physical replacement discs. For North America, we are handling these requests directly through our own store with help from our friends at IndieBox. Claims will be handled at no cost to you. For claims outside of North America, 505 will be taking your information and processing your claims. 

Those who purchased the Megapack after 4/26/2018 should have been given a voucher at the time of purchase on your receipt. 

Those who purchased before 4/26/2018 or did not get a code otherwise can contact us for a voucher code that will entitle them to the digital megapack and can be used to claim the physical replacement discs. We have been handing those out for a while now, but if you are in this category and have not requested a code, you can do so here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2935839-physical-mega-pack-disc-support-information

Once you have a voucher code:
For purchasers in Europe (SIEE). To make a claim you will need to make file a claim through 505 here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSckru65CWkXH5RZ_3j2f5_h1djNiAyrl8R0PCvdKPmGwItyvA/viewform

For purchasers in North America (SIEA). To make a claim you will use our support site and use the voucher code to claim a replacement here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/2952265-ps4-faulty-disc-claim

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know here on this thread or contact us at livesupport@kleientertainment.com

Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 8/24/2018 at 10:08 PM, Chris_M said:

How long should we expect for shipping and handling?  I didn't ever see an estimated delivery date.  I'm in the US but unless I just missed it others may also want to know.

They are shipping through USPS, you should have got a tracking number with your order. If you want to PM me your order info I can check. But they are usually processed and shipped within an hour or two after submission. 

EDIT: I think I found your order and it's showing as delivered now. 

• Thanks 1

Can the number on the spine for U.S. releases be used to tell which versions are defective?

I notice "2102748" on the defective and "2103418" on the fixed.

The defective disc itself has CUSA-04236 on the outer edge, while the fixed disc has CUSA-10317.