[UPDATE] Physical Megapack Disc Replacement (PS4)

I agree that it shouldn’t still be on shelves, but the fault lies with 505 Games. I recommend contacting them. And Klei can’t update the forum post until 505 Games contacts them. They’re in the same boat as you. Presumably, 505 Games will have to coordinate the exchange with multiple retailers and that will take time. As far as being “true to their word” goes, they promised the vouchers and they delivered.

Hey, need help! I bought this game for my PS4 but only Don't Starve Together installs. Where is the Mega Pack? How do I get the regular game not just the online game?

Edited by DJHope

22 hours ago, Many Hats said:

I agree that it shouldn’t still be on shelves, but the fault lies with 505 Games. I recommend contacting them. And Klei can’t update the forum post until 505 Games contacts them. They’re in the same boat as you. Presumably, 505 Games will have to coordinate the exchange with multiple retailers and that will take time. As far as being “true to their word” goes, they promised the vouchers and they delivered.

I contacted 505 customer support and spoke to a rep and a supervisor who basically told me they were unaware of the issue and the only offical issues would be posted on their support forum with a solution. I would need to go to the retailer I purchased from to return my faulty disc for a new one. That is reassuring they are working on getting this issue resolved.

As someone who use to work customer support for a tech company I can tell you that the call center reps always don't get much information that isn't already posted publicly on the company's official forums.  The job is 90% reading things that people could have found on their own, but didn't.  That being said, the lack of transparency in the past couple of weeks is getting to be a bit concerning.  Even if it's just to say "Hey, we still don't know the details yet but we are working on it."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chris_M said:

As someone who use to work customer support for a tech company I can tell you that the call center reps always don't get much information that isn't already posted publicly on the company's official forums.  The job is 90% reading things that people could have found on their own, but didn't.  That being said, the lack of transparency in the past couple of weeks is getting to be a bit concerning.  Even if it's just to say "Hey, we still don't know the details yet but we are working on it."

You are likely right on my 505 games customer service experience. I am concerned too. Klei provided download codes for the missing content. My fear is they will be content with that fix and the issue will just fade into the background causing us never to get game discs with all the content. This won't be an issue is I was allowed to get a refund. 505 should at the very least swap my game out with a disc not missing content. I'll call them again next week and see if I can get someone who knows about the issue.

Edited by Frosty82
  • Sad 1

I just wanted to let people know that I bought the 15$ copy of "Don't Starve Mega Pack" at amazon and it came in at "m6/d4/y2018" and it's still the misprint copy...
so ya... the problem has yet to be fixed there... at amazon.

14 hours ago, Chris_M said:

So it's my birthday and all I want for my birthday this year is an update on when we can expect new discs.  Any chance of that Joe?

We've reached out to 505 again. 

We are extremely limited in what we can do in all of this, all we can really do is ask what happens next and relay the information we are given. 

So far, the information we have been given at this point hasn't really panned out as it was supposed to, so I hesitate to post any more information as it's proven to be unreliable. 

I'll post more when I have more. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

We've reached out to 505 again. 

We are extremely limited in what we can do in all of this, all we can really do is ask what happens next and relay the information we are given. 

So far, the information we have been given at this point hasn't really panned out as it was supposed to, so I hesitate to post any more information as it's proven to be unreliable. 

I'll post more when I have more. 

Thank you for the update.  I think we all get that you're bottlenecked right now because you don't have the infrastructure to just start churning out new discs yourself.  And legally, it wouldn't be good for you throw 505 under the bus, although I think we all know where the fault lies in this situation.  I mean the fact that the Xbox discs were good tells us that you gave 505 what they needed to make the discs.  Going forward just remember that not everyone thinks about these things rationally and if nothing else a message like this at least lets us know that we're not forgotten customers that are just being written off.

• Thanks 1

So after some correspondence with 505 games, this is what they are telling me. I suspect there won't be any exchange or anyway to exchange the disc for one that has all the content that the game case said it had. I wanted all the content on the disc, but I have tried through 505 games, gamestop and Klei. I think this exchange JoeW is talking about it a pipe dream aka it won't happen. DLC codes were a bandaid but not the solution. 

20180607_200554.png

Edited by Frosty82
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2018 at 8:04 PM, Frosty82 said:

I think this exchange JoeW is talking about it a pipe dream aka it won't happen. 

I really hope you're wrong Frosty but I have to admit that the message you got from 505 is very concerning.  Hopefully Joe will see this and be able to comment.  Anyone who bought the physical copy did so for a reason and when I got it on day 1 of the physical release I also paid more for it than I would have if I'd just purchased it digitally from the PS Store.  I'm starting to wonder if this is a Better Business Bureau issue or not.

• Thanks 1

First tier customer support is often not given a lot of information and I can only suspect this person just replied with whatever they assumed was the correct answer or they simply were just never told about it. 

I will have more information for you soon but right now I am just going to say that we are definitely working on an exchange. It's very likely we're going to need to do it ourselves. We can't do it without the discs and 505 has those. I just have to ask for patience while we work it out and then I can give more details.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JoeW said:

First tier customer support is often not given a lot of information and I can only suspect this person just replied with whatever they assumed was the correct answer or they simply were just never told about it. 

I will have more information for you soon but right now I am just going to say that we are definitely working on an exchange. It's very likely we're going to need to do it ourselves. We can't do it without the discs and 505 has those. I just have to ask for patience while we work it out and then I can give more details.

You guys are going infinity and beyond to helping us out.:wilson_goodjob:

3 hours ago, D_Stroy13 said:

It's 05/20/18, any updates? While my sister and I are having a blast playing co-op I would really love to play the storyline for this game and up the difficulty with the DLC. 

Thanks 

Sorry 06/20/18

I've got to wonder what kind of operation is going on here since it's been a solid 2 months since the release and subsequent discrepancy was found, and there still isn't any concrete plan in place. There are still freaking copies in stores that can't be taken off shelves because they haven't been told yet. This is knowingly selling a faulty product. What the heck is going on?

38 minutes ago, ozzfreak said:

I've got to wonder what kind of operation is going on here since it's been a solid 2 months since the release and subsequent discrepancy was found, and there still isn't any concrete plan in place. There are still freaking copies in stores that can't be taken off shelves because they haven't been told yet. This is knowingly selling a faulty product. What the heck is going on?

We can't do anything without the discs and 505 has those. I just have to ask for patience while we work it out and then I can be more descriptive with my words.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We can't do anything without the discs and 505 has those. I just have to ask for patience while we work it out and then I can be more descriptive with my words.

Are you gonna at least extend the event times for console players who bought the game and can't play DST due to disk error? I mean, this is the least you can do to those who bought the game and can't access it, yes? Because by the time they're able to play all the good stuff might be gone, which sucks and not really their fault. Between, do you know if the disc version comes with the code to redeem for Shipwreck birdcage, and firepit? If it does, I will buy it.

Edited by ItsPirrip

So just curious. I bought a copy of this used from game stop. I know I'm silly to have no researched. But now I have a partial copy of the game and no internet to do anything. Anything you can do for my situation?

So we are now officially into July.  Would it be possible to get some kind of update?  With the work that is being done on Hot Lava I hope that this issue isn't getting pushed to the side.

Hi There,

Sorry to have to pile on, but I am the A/V Librarian for my library system and purchased copies of the "Don't Starve: Mega Pack" (3 for XB1 and 3 for PS4) to circulate for our patrons. (Having played and loved this game myself, I was looking forward to being able to share it with our patrons.)

Though the XB1 players have been able to enjoy the game since launch, I'm sitting on three PS4 copies, which I am still unable to circulate 2+ months after release.

Perhaps this is information you can share with 505 as you all negotiate whatever it is taking so long to negotiate?

If this cannot be resolved soon, honestly, at this point, I would just like to get our taxpayers' funds back and move on.

Edited by KCPL
typo.
  • Like 1