[UPDATE] Physical Megapack Disc Replacement (PS4)

Do any of your guys know when the new discs are going to be put out because this is very upsetting. I really like this game and many other games you guys made but the person before me is right they should have caught the issue way before packaging and destributation. 

We just got the vouchers moments ago. We are currently going to test the codes, verify that they are correct and begin the process of sending them out. 

We are now ready to send out vouchers to players who purchased the physical version of the Don't Starve Megapack - These codes will allow players to download and play Don't Starve and DLC as well as Don't Starve Together

To get a voucher players can contact as at our support site: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new

For the subject, choose "PS4 Megapack" and fill in the form and we'll get you fixed up as soon as possible.  We will require a picture of your receipt, your Klei account ID and the region you are located in (so we can give you the proper voucher). 

We still don't know more information on the new discs or how the exchange process will work, but we are going to be sending out vouchers soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Manuelito said:

how do you get the id of the klei account? I inserted the Playstation id 24 hours ago and nothing came, please help me

follow these steps;

To find your Klei Account ID for Don't Starve Together or for the Don't Starve MEGA PACK retail disc:

• Launch Don't Starve Together using your MEGA PACK disc on your PS4
  • On the game's main menu, click on OPTIONS > Choose MORE
  • At the bottom of the screen, you will find that your account ID looks like this: “KU_xXxXxxxxX”.

On April 17th, the Don't Starve Megapack was released. Almost immediately, it was discovered that the wrong content was printed on the PS4 retail version of Don’t Starve Mega Pack (the Xbox One version is not affected). The disc contained Don't Starve Together, but was without Don't Starve, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked.

As soon as we confirmed the problem we contacted our retail publisher to find out how this happened and what could be done. It's taken some time to get this far, but this is all the information we have at this time.

The current status of the issue is as follows:

• New copies are currently in print and will be on shelves ASAP, hopefully within a few weeks. 
  • When the new discs arrive in stores, players who already purchased misprinted discs will be able to exchange the disc for a new one in store. Details will follow as we figure out the exact timing, the procedures with specific retailers and what the exchange will entail. 
  • Players who already purchased the faulty disc previous to 4/26/2018 can now contact Klei support HERE for a Playstation Store voucher code that includes Don't Starve Together, Don't Starve, Shipwrecked and the Reign of Giants DLC that you can play now. Please specify your country as certain vouchers only work in certain regions. 
  • New purchasers of the Megapack in store as of 4/26/2018 should be given a voucher at the time of purchase on your receipt. If you do not get a code, contact us
  • ALL purchasers will have a path to get a new disc when they are ready. We do not have details at this time, but we are comitted to ensuring that all players get what they purchased. 

We are hearing from some players that some retailers are telling players that they will not be exchanging discs. We believe this to be incorrect and that particular person or location is just misinformed. 505 has ensured us that they are doing their best to make sure these discs are being replaced for all players. We will not allow anybody to fall through the cracks here. We will buy and ship the discs ourselves if we have too.  

This was our first major retail release and we're extremely disappointed that our players have been let down with their purchase of the Don't Starve Megapack. We're doing our best to make sure this issue gets resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks everybody for your support and patience. We'll keep you updated. 

• Thanks 3

We have responded to all voucher requests - if you did not get one yet, check your email. It likely means that you didn't include all the information we need. Otherwise, please PM me the email address you used for your ticket and I will check it out. 

Edit: I recognize your email - We sent you a voucher yesterday, but we have got a few emails from you and it seems that you may not be getting our responses. Checking our email logs suggests there may be an issue with your email provider as the email seems to be getting delayed from reaching your inbox.

I am sending the voucher code to you here in a PM as well. 

• Thanks 2

I was happily playing DS and started thinking, will Klei give me information about the disc replacements or should I contact 505 and come here to find that you had already given us information about it Joe.  Thanks for keeping us up to date and for answering questions before they can even be asked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What will the vouchers do for players that already own Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together digitally but just wanted to buy the disc to have a physical copy for collection's sake? We will still be able to exchange the bad disc at GameStop when those at Klei get it sorted, but does the voucher do anything for people like me?

Edited by GregoryAndTheHawk
  • Like 1

Could we have an update please ? I bought the disc (no downloads for me, thanks) and was confused for about 15 minutes, checking and rechecking, until I went online and found this thread. I never saw anything like this. What is the expected lead time for the proper disc ? Are we talking weeks or months (and if so, how many) ? Jeez ...

Its been over 2 weeks since the last message on here from Joe.  Hopefully we can get an update on what we should expect.  The discs may not be ready but surely there has been some information on what the procedures for swapping discs will be.

• Like 2

I bought the game today at Gamestop, found out about this issue later in the day, tried to return the game because I want all the content on the physical disc. They would not allow me to return it becuase my reciept contained the redeem code for the game in the PSN store. Of course I tried the disc and I only have Don't Starve Together on it, nothing else. The download code gives me all the content that should have been on the disc so I can access everything at least. Can I send my disc in to be exchanged for a disc that has all the content on it? I am not happy as the reason I even bought the physical copy was to have the game and DLC on the disc. If I knew of this issue, I never would have bought the physical edition.

Edited by Frosty82

On 5/1/2018 at 5:07 AM, GregoryAndTheHawk said:

What will the vouchers do for players that already own Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together digitally but just wanted to buy the disc to have a physical copy for collection's sake? We will still be able to exchange the bad disc at GameStop when those at Klei get it sorted, but does the voucher do anything for people like me?

Gamestop won't let you return the game for a refund. If it is opened, they will just exchange it for the same game. If its unopened but has the code on the receipt they won't return it at all. I found that out the hard way today. Since I can't get a refund, I want to be able to at least exchange the game for one with all the content. 

This whole situation is ridiculous, never heard of such an issue. You guys need to come up with a solution fast. Its been more than a month since the mistake has been known, yet there are still games being sold at stores missing the content, no way to refund the game, and nothing from you guys as to if/how we can get a fixed copy of the game.

Edited by Frosty82
  • Like 1

Frosty82, did you read the first post? They HAVE a solution, it simply takes time to print replacement discs. They have gone above and beyond to fix a problem caused by 505 Games, not Klei. You can play the digital version for now, and exchange your disc for a new one when they are printed.

• ALL purchasers will have a path to get a new disc when they are ready. We do not have details at this time, but we are comitted to ensuring that all players get what they purchased. 

I am not trying to be a jerk about this. The game is still on store shelves missing the content it states to have on the packaging. The production error has been known about for a month. If you purchase it, you can't get a refund. I would not have bought this if I knew I would need a DLC code to access all the content. Yes, Klei did right by making sure DLC codes were provided to anyone that purchased the incomplete game. But that is just a band-aid. We should have been informed what the process is to exchange the incomplete cd for a new one by now. We have to "hope" they will be true to their word in a forum post that has not been updated by them in several weeks. They didn't have to hope they would get the $30 I paid for their game when I made the transaction at the time I purchased the game.