[UPDATE] Physical Megapack Disc Replacement (PS4)

What support contact should we use when trying to validate the disc we got for a voucher? Has that process begun yet or is it still in planning stages and we are to hold tight?  I got it for DST so I could play with the kids so my personal experience isn't hurt.  I already have the content for PC but I was just wondering if there was any steps for us to follow as of yet.  Also I called my local Gamestop where I bought my copy to ask them and they were unaware of the issue at all and could be selling more faulty discs without knowing it.

22 hours ago, Webbier said:

What if you purchased it off of amazon? how would the replacement discs work?

I don't know - Our current understanding of the situation doesn't extend past what I previously wrote - I will make sure I pass on the concern and that it is being addressed

18 hours ago, Zbengo said:

I have one of those discs off eBay I'd like to know how to get a new one when they come out.

Same as above, I don't know. 

14 hours ago, Chris_M said:

Ok, if you don't know how long it will take to get the codes, while investigating the issue can you tell us how many of the PS4 discs were affected?  If I take my disc back to GameStop what are my chances of getting a disc that has the content?  I'm trying to figure out the fastest way possible of playing the game that I already payed for without having to pay for it again.

All of them. There are no discs that were not affected by this issue. Gamestop will not have new discs with the correct content until the news discs are printed. 

I am really really hoping we will have voucher codes Monday. But 

2 hours ago, Duplo52 said:

What support contact should we use when trying to validate the disc we got for a voucher? Has that process begun yet or is it still in planning stages and we are to hold tight?  I got it for DST so I could play with the kids so my personal experience isn't hurt.  I already have the content for PC but I was just wondering if there was any steps for us to follow as of yet.  Also I called my local Gamestop where I bought my copy to ask them and they were unaware of the issue at all and could be selling more faulty discs without knowing it.

I don't have details yet - You will be contacting us directly however I don't know specifically what information you will need to send us, so it won't really help to contact about it yet as there isn't anything we can do at the moment. I am not aware of this kind of thing ever happening before, so there's not a lot of precedent in place for how to resolve this type of issue. 

I know this situation is a mess everybody - I am so sorry that you have been inconvenienced by this. Please know that we are doing everything we can do get this sorted as fast as we possibly can. 505 is definitely on top of things, there are just a lot of moving parts that have to come together to make sure everything gets addressed.

Hopefully Monday we will have more information - As soon as I get info I will bring it to you. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

Wow... just wow.  If I understand how this works correctly then this has been one of the single stupidest failures in gaming history.  If it was all PS4 discs that tells us that there is no quality control at 505 whatsoever.  All it would have taken is testing a single disc to see that there was a mistake.  I assume that the customer base for the Don't Starve Mega Pack physical copy on PS4 is fairly small given how long the game has been out digitally but this is a huge breach of trust between producer of a product and consumer of a product.  I can't speak for anyone else, but my excitement to play this game has dropped by about 99%.  I'm pretty much stuck with it now and can't even play it if I wanted to.  And "I am really really hoping we will have voucher codes Monday.  But" doesn't instill much trust.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris_M said:

Wow... just wow.  If I understand how this works correctly then this has been one of the single stupidest failures in gaming history.  If it was all PS4 discs that tells us that there is no quality control at 505 whatsoever.  All it would have taken is testing a single disc to see that there was a mistake.  I assume that the customer base for the Don't Starve Mega Pack physical copy on PS4 is fairly small given how long the game has been out digitally but this is a huge breach of trust between producer of a product and consumer of a product.  I can't speak for anyone else, but my excitement to play this game has dropped by about 99%.  I'm pretty much stuck with it now and can't even play it if I wanted to.  And "I am really really hoping we will have voucher codes Monday.  But" doesn't instill much trust.

Yeah, it's not great. And I can understand your frustration. As much as it sucks, please know we're all doing our best to correct the issue. Thank you, we'll keep in touch.  

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tyranorex said:

I bought the PS4 version of the mega pack and it has only the don't starve together content, how do I get the mega pack?

You managed to make an account, put up the effort to have a display image, found the correct thread in which your issue is being discussed, but apparently didn't read anything in that thread?

I literally can't even

Just commenting to keep up to date on any updates.

Side note: at least gamestop has already emailed stores about the issue, and seem to be willing to exchange the first wave ps4 discs for the reprints when available. 

Source: work for gs.

UPDATE:

We hope to have voucher codes in tomorrow - 

We won't be able to do anything until those codes come in, but if you want to jump on things right away you can visit our support page here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new

For the subject, choose "PS4 Megapack" and fill in the form and we'll get you fixed up as soon as possible.  We will require a picture of your receipt, your Klei account ID and the region you are located in (so we can give you the proper voucher). 

As far as the discs are concerned, we're not quite sure how that will all work either, but 505 has assured us that they are working with retailers to have a plan in place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris_M said:

You're on the correct screen.  I was able to find my Klei ID right above the bottom border of that box.  Have you connected online or tried to start an online game since installing DST?

I don't have ps plus. I didn't get this for the multi-player as I don't do multi-player. I'm not willing to pay for it, either. If that's the only way I can get that number, I guess I'm screwed. This is getting more frustrating by the day. 

4 hours ago, Futures-unseen said:

I don't have ps plus. I didn't get this for the multi-player as I don't do multi-player. I'm not willing to pay for it, either. If that's the only way I can get that number, I guess I'm screwed. This is getting more frustrating by the day. 

If you haven't already used it, sony gives a free 14 day trial for signing up for plus. Could do that, if you haven't already used it that is, to get your klei number. 

Edited by SpikeStarkey

7 hours ago, rogue21503 said:

I bought my disc on April 24th, were retailers not told to remove them from shelves or does my local retailer just suck?

Last I looked, and I just looked again, Amazon was still selling them and all the reviews were warning people.

• Thanks 1