I am currently running the test but I doubt this will work, Farmer's Touch doubles the growth rate and double 0% is still 0%

I am literally ****ting myself.  Plants didn't grow in 10 cycles with farmer's touch yet the moment water was added they instantly grew to harvest-able 

Seems they still need a little bit of water to harvest them but I wonder if this bug can be exploited, can the same be done without light?

20180323190913_1.thumb.jpg.933495dd1728f14b662889496ef9f6b4.jpg

20180323192837_1.thumb.jpg.a12fca305eb35192dfe690f420404644.jpg

41 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Please repeat the test inside a greenhouse with fertilizer buff on the plants.

Customarily when you find a bug that causes unexpected behavior you bug report it, rather than making incorrect statements and then later telling people "oh yea, it only works if you do this specific other thing that I didn't mention that triggers this bug I didn't report and also didn't mention here"

Just now, trukogre said:

Customarily when you find a bug that causes unexpected behavior you bug report it, rather than making incorrect statements and then later telling people "oh yea, it only works if you do this specific other thing that I didn't mention that triggers this bug I didn't report"

well I'll be making a bug report on it, this seems way too exploitable 

Just now, Neotuck said:

well I'll be making a bug report on it, this seems way too exploitable 

he did eventually tell you enough to reproduce it so that's actually helpful, but it was still a strange pattern of interaction.

Just now, trukogre said:

he did eventually tell you enough to reproduce it so that's actually helpful, but it was still a strange pattern of interaction.

and after some testing I found out how you can exploit it, using a clock sensor on a light set at one 1% duration It's possible to harvest bristle berries multiple times when you only need to water them once, while stiffed Bristles don't consume water yet micronutrients keeps them growing, the 1% light allows them to "update" their growth until  they are ready to harvest  

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

I am literally ****ting myself.  Plants didn't grow in 10 cycles with farmer's touch yet the moment water was added they instantly grew to harvest-able

Thanks for the testing of it @Neotuck. I knew there was something going on with the buff.

35 minutes ago, trukogre said:

Customarily when you find a bug that causes unexpected behavior you bug report it, rather than making incorrect statements and then later telling people "oh yea, it only works if you do this specific other thing that I didn't mention that triggers this bug I didn't report and also didn't mention here"

Thanks for the lecture. Would you mind pointing out any bugs _YOU_ reported so far? Cause the forum search cant find any of them.

Also my statement was not incorrect, just incomplete. Much in contrast to your statement, which is incorrect in this case.

It was also not a bug in my perception since the description of the plant clearly reads that it grows without irrigation.

Maybe your efforts are better invested in the borg-cube debate.

4 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Thanks for the testing of it @Neotuck. I knew there was something going on with the buff.

With a light and clock set to 1% duration I now have a bristle farm that grows from seed to harvest with less than 1kg of water every 6 cycles :shock:

20180323195503_1.thumb.jpg.4677f4f3ec78c67f4298674539b2f1fd.jpg20180323195536_1.thumb.jpg.0af08e68e2b33ac0b1d29bf156be19f7.jpg

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

With a light and clock set to 1% duration I now have a bristle farm that grows from seed to harvest with less than 1kg of water every 6 cycles :shock:

Any chance you can use that setup to  test other foods?

4 minutes ago, Logicsol said:

Mushrooms work for sure, that's where i saw it first. I was always under the impression that it's simply slow growth and that the growth-halted-animation was simply masking the (intended) progress.

I was actually considering suggesting another animation for plants in the fertilizer-less state, but i was sure that it was on the roadmap somewhere already.

Just now, Logicsol said:

Well you would have to automate a way to have all requirements of a crop met for only 1% of the cycle.  With bristles and dust caps it's easy as you simply can turn a light on or off

For sleet wheat and pincha pepperplants I would have a clock set to a liquid shutoff for only 10g of water/pw to the hydroponic tile, this will save both water and fertilizer.

Remember this is an exploit so expect the devs to fix it soon

24 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Well you would have to automate a way to have all requirements of a crop met for only 1% of the cycle.  With bristles and dust caps it's easy as you simply can turn a light on or off

For sleet wheat and pincha pepperplants I would have a clock set to a liquid shutoff for only 10g of water/pw to the hydroponic tile, this will save both water and fertilizer.

Remember this is an exploit so expect the devs to fix it soon

Yeah, I don't plan to utilize it(which is why I don't want to build something to test it lol). Just figured it'd be useful for the bug report.

Just now, Logicsol said:

Yeah, I don't plan to utilize it(which is why I don't want to build something to test it lol). Just figured it'd be useful for the bug report.

I used the Bristle farm as an example but I told them any stiffed plant would work

Here I am trying it out with dust caps.  The light is connected to the same clock as the bristle berries with a not gate.

The slime content hasn't dropped in a few cycles yet the mushrooms are growing

20180323205212_1.thumb.jpg.a83d903afc4d6faed1596e48c2440759.jpg20180323205636_1.thumb.jpg.4f1d3ff75101781b3e68ef6da0e27817.jpg

1 hour ago, blash365 said:

Thanks for the lecture. Would you mind pointing out any bugs _YOU_ reported so far? Cause the forum search cant find any of them.

Also my statement was not incorrect, just incomplete. Much in contrast to your statement, which is incorrect in this case.

It was also not a bug in my perception since the description of the plant clearly reads that it grows without irrigation.

Maybe your efforts are better invested in the borg-cube debate.

No problem, glad I could help you.  Yes, I would mind, because if the forum search is broken as you report then it would take hours to look through hundreds of bug reports manually.  your statement still appears incorrect to me, you said "you should be able to grow bristle berries without water by just doubling/trippling/quadrupling their amount."  , and now you appear to be saying it also requires fertilizer buff in a special room.  That is contradictory to "just doubling", so your earlier statement appears to be incorrect.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

good point :p although growing crops without water, polluted water, fertilizer, slime, or phosphotite seems like more of a game breaker than drip cooling

The ease of fixing it probably has much more to do with it, though.

8 hours ago, trukogre said:

That is contradictory to "just doubling", so your earlier statement appears to be incorrect.

I am sure at a future point you will be in a similar position, where you actually find a "bug" and have no complete information on how it is reproduced. Maybe at that point you will ask the community for help tracking it down in a community thread. And maybe at that time - should it ever happen to you - you will also be lectured by someone, who could well be described as a smart-arse.

Maybe then you will understand that not every person can provide a detailed bug report as soon as he stumbles across an issue. It's a community effort to pass the Early Access phase, not a one-man-show. And as far as i am informed, nobody of us is hired as a beta-tester, instead we all are here as part of our hobby and leisure.

Some enjoy making youtube-tutorials (maybe even with monetary benefit), some enjoy experimenting, some enjoy hunting bugs down and fleshing the reproduction steps out, some enjoy making suggestions, some simply enjoy playing the game and others enjoy most of it - just not all at the very same time. It is enjoyable to collaborate with those different styles of contribution and no argument stands against doing so.

But then again - given your discernment in your latest post - you might not reach that insight.even then.

P. S.: maybe you should report the forum search bug. i have heard it is customary to report bugs, once you find them, instead of making statements in forum threads.

This new update's pretty hard :D

Im kind of struggling with water

This looks simple and well on paper but in practice it's so hard:

On 23/03/2018 at 9:39 PM, Arash70 said:

There's plenty of water around the map, you can also make your own water.

Here's somethings you can do:

Natural Gas Geyser -> Natural Gas Generator -> Water Sieve -> Water

Slime -> Algae Distiller -> Water Sieve -> Water

Water -> Lavatories -> Water Sieve -> 2.34 * Water

Polluted Water -> Water Sieve -> Water

Polluted Water -> Drip on magma -> Water

Polluted Ice -> Polluted Water Tank -> Water Sieve -> Water

Ice/Snow -> Water Tank -> Water

19 hours ago, blash365 said:

I am sure at a future point you will be in a similar position, where you actually find a "bug" and have no complete information on how it is reproduced. Maybe at that point you will ask the community for help tracking it down in a community thread. And maybe at that time - should it ever happen to you - you will also be lectured by someone, who could well be described as a smart-arse.

Maybe then you will understand that not every person can provide a detailed bug report as soon as he stumbles across an issue. It's a community effort to pass the Early Access phase, not a one-man-show. And as far as i am informed, nobody of us is hired as a beta-tester, instead we all are here as part of our hobby and leisure.

Some enjoy making youtube-tutorials (maybe even with monetary benefit), some enjoy experimenting, some enjoy hunting bugs down and fleshing the reproduction steps out, some enjoy making suggestions, some simply enjoy playing the game and others enjoy most of it - just not all at the very same time. It is enjoyable to collaborate with those different styles of contribution and no argument stands against doing so.

But then again - given your discernment in your latest post - you might not reach that insight.even then.

P. S.: maybe you should report the forum search bug. i have heard it is customary to report bugs, once you find them, instead of making statements in forum threads.

Here's to hoping that I never reach this level of insight.

Sounds to me like you found the forum search bug, with help from the community as described above.  I look forward to your report.  

1 hour ago, cpy said:

Boiling oil does not work I get a bit NG and gasoline I think same amount as if I used refinery?

It's a 1:1 conversion from petroleum to crude oil.  I should be clearer in that you have to boil the petroleum as well.  Petroleum to natural gas is also a 1:1 conversion.

If you boil 10 kg of crude oil, you go from 10 kg of crude oil to 10 kg of petroleum to 10 kg of natural gas.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:24 AM, Zarquan said:

It's a 1:1 conversion from petroleum to crude oil.  I should be clearer in that you have to boil the petroleum as well.  Petroleum to natural gas is also a 1:1 conversion.

If you boil 10 kg of crude oil, you go from 10 kg of crude oil to 10 kg of petroleum to 10 kg of natural gas.

To expand on this, you will get petroleum at 400c and natural gas at 540c. Your main challenge will be cooling the gas.

3 hours ago, JonnyMonroe said:

To expand on this, you will get petroleum at 400c and natural gas at 540c. Your main challenge will be cooling the gas.

I use a heat transfer system to transfer the heat to the incoming crude oil.  Using that, I can cool the natural gas to the temperature of the incoming crude oil while also reducing the amount of heat required to boil the crude oil.  You can also use the heat to run a steam turbine by heating yo steam.

3 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I use a heat transfer system to transfer the heat to the incoming crude oil.  Using that, I can cool the natural gas to the temperature of the incoming crude oil while also reducing the amount of heat required to boil the crude oil.  You can also use the heat to run a steam turbine by heating yo steam.

Right now I'm just cooling it with an ice radiator. The issue I have with it isn't so much where to put the heat as it is how to transfer it at a reasonable rate. That 0.035 thermal transfer on natural gas is a pita. I've played with a bunch of systems that work but nothing as compact as I'd like gets a decent transfer rate.

2 hours ago, JonnyMonroe said:

Right now I'm just cooling it with an ice radiator. The issue I have with it isn't so much where to put the heat as it is how to transfer it at a reasonable rate. That 0.035 thermal transfer on natural gas is a pita. I've played with a bunch of systems that work but nothing as compact as I'd like gets a decent transfer rate.

The new gysers put a ton of new heat into the world.  Entropy devices are way too useless to combat this.  My ice biomes are melting even with metal volcano tiled off (mostly from steam geysers)  Now, it only matters for thousands of cycle games but true infinite sustainability is not possible with all the new heat input.

Archived