Tenured Scientists REQUIRED for geysers?????

I have mixed feelings about next update, while the critter breeding is awesome but the fact we need tenured scientists for geysers is going to be a pain.

also I'm not sure what the benefit of analyzing geysers besides telling me the activation periods of eruptions?

And what happened to chlorine geysers? were they removed from the game?

20180308145003_1.thumb.jpg.91bc628c4df41d1b754b8d1c0259a33e.jpg20180308145832_1.thumb.jpg.a46db4cd99df04c1a906ee86e0a27bc5.jpg20180308150425_1.thumb.jpg.8bc69175f0c07303828ea53a377b71ca.jpg

3 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

Wait, do we have to keep analyzing them, or is it a 1 time thing?  I hope we don't have to keep pressing the button...

Does anyone know the average amount released per second or cycle yet?

you only have to analyze once 

as for the average amount released: "Emitting Natural Gas 112.3 g/s" you can see it in the picture

I will say that a tenured scientist comes a tad later than I'd like and comes with pretty high food and decor expectations.  It's going to be hard setting up sustainable farms that yield top tier food without geysers.  Perhaps giving the trait to Scientists would be more appropriate?

Just now, Kabrute said:

please post a bug report with screen shot and save file, thank you

What, why?  It seems intended behavior.  There are even new geysers hidden behind tiles not using the new art (yet) -- sludge geyser for example. It outputs polluted water.

24 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

it's 212 seconds for every 368 seconds

Not the eruption period.  The active period.  It's blurry, but that looks like 28.2 cycles out of 103.8 cycles.  Meaning the geyser is dormant the other 76.2 cycles?  That's going to radically change the usage of natural gas geysers, unless there are 5+ ngg geysers on each map.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

If it justifies the ongoing existence of scientists then I'm okay with it.

What do you by on Going?  Once you reach 100%, you can switch to training something else and keep the scientist attributes.

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Here's how the new geysers looks before you dig them out. Basically like the nullifiers are buried in ice.

image.thumb.png.ab51c781ee2ed5d50129ab44037cc950.png

guess we just need to keep an eye out for the 4 block of neutronium

2 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Not the eruption period.  The active period.  It's blurry, but that looks like 28.2 cycles out of 103.8 cycles.  Meaning the geyser is dormant the other 76.2 cycles?  That's going to radically change the usage of natural gas geysers, unless there are 5+ ngg geysers on each map.

well the geyser doesn't stop after reaching 5Kg pressure anymore so perhaps it evens out?

19 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

well the geyser doesn't stop after reaching 5Kg pressure anymore so perhaps it evens out?

No, that's not remotely close to 'evening out'.  The update promises more geysers, which could potentially even out the amounts.

32 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

Was simply requesting they let the devs decide what is and isn't feature.....

Under that theory we'd have to bug report every single thing in the game, to get a definitive ruling.  That seems excessive.

1 minute ago, trukogre said:

No, that's not remotely close to 'evening out'

I said 'perhaps' which means it's open for discussion, if you disagree then please offer your math otherwise that's just an opinion  

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

you only have to analyze once 

as for the average amount released: "Emitting Natural Gas 112.3 g/s" you can see it in the picture

It releases that much when it is erupting, but it is not always erupting (I assume).  I'm asking about an overall average.  How many natural gas generators can 1 geyser support if the natural gas generators are supposed to be running all the time?

7 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I said 'perhaps' which means it's open for discussion, if you disagree then please offer your math otherwise that's just an opinion  

Where's your math? Lol.  Sure, though.  Find a nat gas geyser after 50 cycles, assume the geyser started at max gas pressure to be generous.  You just saved 50 cycles of gas output.  Balance that against 75 dormant cycles per 100 cycles, over the next 500 cycles that means you lost 375 cycles.  375 > 50.  Did you really need that spelled out for you?  If you play for 1000 cycles the situation is even worse.  *Edit* Actually, looking at the pictures more closely, it appears the geysers don't start producing until you activate them with a scientist?  if thats true, then the comparison is actually 375 > 0.  Now we definitely don't need to do the math, it's just obvious.

10 minutes ago, trukogre said:

Did you really need that spelled out for you?

That's also assuming you need to have your generators running 100% of the time and no one does after smart batteries were added

If your goal is to use insults to prove your opinion then you are wasting my time

Archived