Nerf Webbing PLEASE!

I have found only a couple of small areas of savannah on the worlds I have tried so far. I create a new world every time to try and get a better mix, but it has always been mostly forest with spiders. Plus, I have to spin the camera, while running from spiders and trying to hit them because the nests are in the midst of thick forests and the trees are in the way so I can't target things properly.I have been killed a few times now because instead of running away or attacking, Wilson says "it's so piney" or whatever he says at trees, and then dies before he finishes uttering the sentence because half a dozen spiders hit him at once.Just about half as many spider dens please, or maybe half as many large areas full of spider dens at least, that would be better.I don't like spending all my time dealing with spiders.I haven't even had a chance to take on beefalo since the update added the babies, or even build a proper base with walls and floors, because I am too busy trying to clear out all the spider nests.Just boring is all I can say, very very boring.

I have found only a couple of small areas of savannah on the worlds I have tried so far. I create a new world every time to try and get a better mix, but it has always been mostly forest with spiders. Plus, I have to spin the camera, while running from spiders and trying to hit them because the nests are in the midst of thick forests and the trees are in the way so I can't target things properly.I have been killed a few times now because instead of running away or attacking, Wilson says "it's so piney" or whatever he says at trees, and then dies before he finishes uttering the sentence because half a dozen spiders hit him at once.Just about half as many spider dens please, or maybe half as many large areas full of spider dens at least, that would be better.I don't like spending all my time dealing with spiders.I haven't even had a chance to take on beefalo since the update added the babies, or even build a proper base with walls and floors, because I am too busy trying to clear out all the spider nests.Just boring is all I can say, very very boring.

They are building a world that hates you and wants you dead, so when you complain about being killed you might get the opposite effect you are expecting :)I hunt spiders by my own until I find pigs, then I hire them and let them hit the den first. Its just a mater of hitting spiders and grabbing the monster meat before the pigs do.You always start in grassland, at least I always did. Also pigs are not far from your start point (the king maybe but not the first village), so clear your surroundings in a outer spiral fashion until you meet the pigs.When dens reach level 3 you don't need to fight them because the tamed area will have everything you need to survive. If you really want to remove them and don't like fighting, just use fire.I am not telling you to like the way things are, or stop telling what you like or not, just giving you some tips on how to adapt to it since some of them will get even worse by the time the game is finished. Worse by themselves or worse in combination with other unreleased stuff.

I find the system that webbing will dissappear once the nests are destroyed ideal, you can always keep some nests around for an infinte webbing supply.

I don't know if they will let you collect or/and use webbing like turf . Thought I read something about that somewhere in the forums.probably wrong.. dunnoEdit: here is the linkhttp://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?9053-Please-DONT-remove-spider-creep-(developeres-I-beg!-you!-Read-this)/page3 Edited by Joy
added link

I explore my whole map by day 13 (ish) and have very few nests around but tons of web by then still sitting on the ground. I have maybe around 10 nests in my game in certain places that I havent destroyed with forest fires. I find it much easier than dealing with too many spiders. A few bushes (I wont really use) less wont effect me too much.Since then I live the good life, once I learned spider nests catch fire it has been easy sailing.

You have to be careful tho, I had a game before the progress patch where I accidentally started a forest first in a continent covered in t3 nests, afterwards there were sets of like 30 spiders and warriors in clusters around the scattered pig houses, sleeping during the day but waking up if you came near. That was not a fun game!

An army of pigs by your side is no match for any spider, also spider hat makes them kind of a joke. I kept a few in strategic areas so I could have queens. This of course is preemptive, I am not worried about any spiders at this point, I should have never picked Wolfgang.... he kinda breaks the game.

Yes. And ScumbagDexter wants him to walk faster on webbing. So do I.

That would be ideal, considering that he is a spider.

I find the system that webbing will dissappear once the nests are destroyed ideal, you can always keep some nests around for an infinte webbing supply.

Yes, that solution would work best. Although I still like the idea that you could have dug up the webbed turf and used it in conjunction with a trap mechanism...

That would be Webber.

I would love that character, the way I imagine him is a spider-human (spider-man?) walks faster on webs, can't talk ( he just makes spider noises) and he is more likely to get attacked by spiders because he is an outcast, for example if he steps on the web ( no matter if is day or night) spiders will spawn from the nest and attack him.

I would love that character, the way I imagine him is a spider-human (spider-man?) walks faster on webs, can't talk ( he just makes spider noises) and he is more likely to get attacked by spiders because he is an outcast, for example if he steps on the web ( no matter if is day or night) spiders will spawn from the nest and attack him.

i would think the opossite about spiders atacking him,he should be able to gather spiders around like a the mother spider,but at a cost

i would think the opossite about spiders atacking him,he should be able to gather spiders around like a the mother spider,but at a cost

Gathering spiders... hmmm... that's kinda OP, and what cost? Any cost you throw in there it will not work, gathering spiders is too OP.

Gathering spiders... hmmm... that's kinda OP, and what cost? Any cost you throw in there it will not work, gathering spiders is too OP.

Cant interact with pigmen/gets attacked by pigmen (which are stronger than spiders). Also it could work like the Spider hat, means that Queens still attack you and you should still get attacked by spiders if you attack their den. Easy solved if you ask me :p

Not really,spiders are weak they generaly die one hit from powefull mobs/weaponsThe cost could be that the more spiders you gather your character(Webber i think)will become weaker,not in health but in atackAnother nerf would be that the more spider you get the weaker they are(health wise)Or maybe both of the two above

Cant interact with pigmen/gets attacked by pigmen (which are stronger than spiders). Also it could work like the Spider hat, means that Queens still attack you and you should still get attacked by spiders if you attack their den. Easy solved if you ask me :p

Had a world where there was 7 spider dens close by, think about it, lets say 4 spiders from each den, you are invincible.

Not really,spiders are weak they generaly die one hit from powefull mobs/weaponsThe cost could be that the more spiders you gather your character(Webber i think)will become weaker,not in health but in atackAnother nerf would be that the more spider you get the weaker they are(health wise)Or maybe both of the two above

This can work, but i think it can be hard to make it (as a developer i mean) for each spider you have least health, i think its pretty hard, i might get wrong, don't know a lot about that stuff. But as I said if you get an army, you are invincible.