This is a bit too much

Klei  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Klei Add Ban System or Punish Griefers Somehow

• Ban System
    • Punish Griefers

Hello i was playing DST recently and i encountered a griefer and he wasnt friendly at all it was on Klei Server tho so i couldnt kick him and i want to ask you Klei

What are we gonna about griefers if there is even more griefers ?

They just come and destroy the whole game with no feelings they even know that DST doesn't have ban system so they swear and destroy others work

then they just disconnect and im starting to think that those griefers don't like klei games at all they just want to ruin them.

This is sad and truthful story which can't be solved maybe in future there will be ban system which will stop them from griefing on servers

Let's erase griefers from DST once for all!

322330_screenshots_20171219000904_1.jpg

This post is neither pun or joke this is Serious Post.

Old news. If the Clouds mental kid wasn't banned - and he is burning bases plus troll-votes from DST beta - nothing will probably be placed to consistently deal with such behavior, at least not in pubs like the Klei official servers. Now a lot of dubious Bobbies will actually defend the griefing citing worries of further abuse if such ban system would be placed on pubs (though vast majority of them don't even play pubs) plus there are even nasty griefers frequenting forums with impudence (hi @Saltzmah, lil bosom friendly pal!) so, yeah, good luck in your awareness "endeavor" :lol:

1: Klei official servers are a quarantine for clueless noobs, don't play there for long.

2: Don't put your base somewhere on a public server that is easy to grief.

3: If the server didn't reset by winter, it'll reset by summer.  None of that griefing matters because the server usually resets every 3 hours or less.

4: As @JellyUltra said, that's not proper format for a poll.

On 19. 12. 2017 at 4:20 AM, xxVERSUSxy said:

Old news. If the Clouds mental kid wasn't banned - and he is burning bases plus troll-votes from DST beta - nothing will probably be placed to consistently deal with such behavior, at least not in pubs like the Klei official servers. Now a lot of dubious Bobbies will actually defend the griefing citing worries of further abuse if such ban system would be placed on pubs (though vast majority of them don't even play pubs) plus there are even nasty griefers frequenting forums with impudence (hi @Saltzmah, lil bosom friendly pal!) so, yeah, good luck in your awareness "endeavor" :lol:

by ban systm i didnt meant to make it on server but permanent bans by Klei

Cliff, how exactly is such a system expected to be enforced? For obvious reasons there should not be an option for users to ban each other from Klei pubs. There's only a handful of Klei pubs anyhow and Klei is a small company in comparison to ones that you might think of when we're talking about "punishing griefers." Klei is not Blizzard, nor Riot Games, I would assume they don't currently have the staff to be on standby waiting to resolve disputes that are honestly pretty hard to prove without detailed server logs or video evidence.

Toros provided you with some good advice. Here's some more:

If you catch somebody griefing, speak up about it in chat, give a quick and concise reason as to why you think they should be kicked and either you need to start the votekick, or catch the attention of someone who can. Starting a votekick without letting other players know why you need this person kicked often leads to confusion, and a griefer sticking around longer than they ought to be allowed to.

Immediately rollback after kicking them if the damage is significant, unfortunately you can only rollback to the last save, which is at the start of each day, again, communicate with people on the pub and make sure they're in the loop about what's happening and why. It's important this is done in a timely fashion.

Preventative measures include placing base in an inconspicuous location, not giving away base's location to the Webber at the portal asking "where's base" in early autumn, torch in hand and not playing on Klei pubs, instead opting for a server with a ban list and active admins.

@CliffW could you please censor the names in the image?

Also if you want to play on pubs with friendly players and active moderation send me a message or add me on Steam. (Just let me know your Steam username as spam bots/scammers frequently add me.) The game is a lot more fun on servers with active moderation and friendly regulars. =)

If you absolutely have to play on Klei official servers then yeah it is not a very good. Vote kicking and rollbacks made pubs significantly less terrible but they still don't have active moderation. Klei could try adding some community ban thing (Like counterstrike's overwatch system? I am not very familiar with that game.) but I don't think it would work as griefing in DST is very subjective. (Burning a forest to get charcoal for crockpots can be viewed as griefing by other players who don't know the forest fire's intention.) On a server I admin I added a mod that informs everyone of certain griefing behavior but it doesn't work very well. (Griefers don't burn a base directly anymore, they wait for Wildfire's to do it or create a non stone firepit near structures.) I honestly don't think Klei can add any decent moderation comparable to community servers to their pubs. Klei official servers will likely stay in an awful state for as long as the game exists.

Also even if a griefer's account is banned they can just create another one (I think they can use family share for this purpose.) Valve isn't really interested in banning the griefers/hackers and more interested in banning the account used. (Unfortunately Valve makes money from this behavior and creates/modifies Steam features around this revenue flow. A dedicated griefers banned account simply generates another sale of the game on another account. Valve sadly don't seem to be interested in a solution unless it makes even more money.) It would be entirely up to Klei to implement banning as Valve is not interested unless it generates more money for them.

That said some moderation changes could help greatly. (The voting change made after A New Reign was nice.) The Forge, notably without the ability to vote kick, made pub play a terrible experience. Pubs would be much worse without the voting system

You have to be careful, I was playing with a group once and heard Deerclops just south of the base.   I ran up to engage and pull it away and someone saw me and yelled "griefer, kick the player out!", thinking I was doing the opposite.   

Archived