Water Shortage problem.

10 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Your only option to "make" H2O is as a byproduct from the Polymer Press via the cloud of Steam it releases.  But if you're struggling for water, Petro products aren't exactly a viable solution.

Sorry.  No.  Amount of water produced is tiny.

Keep searching, there are always 2 steam/water geysers. One in slime biome and one in that other igneous rock biome...

Also as already mentioned, you can clean polluted water using sand and get clean water that way until you find geyser.

36 minutes ago, Textapchie101 said:

the water i can filter has slime lung

Uh...  not sure that's possible.  At least, I've never seen Slimelung in a liquid, only on solids and in gas.  Sure it's not Food Poisoning?

If it really is Slimelung, donutman07 is correct, chilling it will cause the Slimelung to die.  As will filtering the P-H2O into clean H2O.  Both together for greater effectiveness.  If it's Food Poisoning, heat it instead.  Stick a Tepidizer (or 2 if it's a large tank) in there and let it run.

3 hours ago, Textapchie101 said:

The problem is that i have no water left in my startng biome, and all my water i have goet toward oxygen and power production. 

i found a Hyrrogen freezer somthing? can that help?

The Thermo Nullifier thing can really help... But if you found one, that means you have a lot of ice. Just melt those ices and you can at least 900kg of water per ice block. It will melt with a heater, it helps.

About the slimelung thing, did a slime with slimelung got dropped to you water tank? Check that. You can pump your slimelung-water near the Thermo Nullifier to freeze it, killing slimelung, then melting it back to water.

If you don't have any other choices, find those 2 geysers or dig crazy for magma.

14 hours ago, bzgzd said:

Keep searching, there are always 2 steam/water geysers. One in slime biome and one in that other igneous rock biome...

Also as already mentioned, you can clean polluted water using sand and get clean water that way until you find geyser.

no. just no. check yourself. some seeds dont have any geysers at all. +helicona

15 hours ago, Textapchie101 said:

The problem is that i have no water left in my startng biome, and all my water i have goet toward oxygen and power production.

i found a Hyrrogen freezer somthing? can that help?

nope. that thing are freezer working on hydrogen. it need a lot of gas and/or pipes with coolant for efficiency

debug mode reveal all map. switch to thermo overlay and check map for geysers. maybe not honest still it works

if you dont have any then forget about electrolyzer(ice/snow is viable solution, but temporary) and setup slime production(pufts your friends). its dirty and require some expirience to do but its viable.

3 hours ago, Angelix said:

debug mode reveal all map. switch to thermo overlay and check map for geysers. maybe not honest still it works

if you dont have any then forget about electrolyzer(ice/snow is viable solution, but temporary) and setup slime production(pufts your friends). its dirty and require some expirience to do but its viable.

And while you're in debug mode count all the sand you can see, then count all the slime you can see.
Now do all the math on how long you can keep the water sieve and slime distillers running.

People have become so dependent on steam geysers that they just accept death before trying anything else.

8 minutes ago, Risu said:

And while you're in debug mode count all the sand you can see, then count all the slime you can see.
Now do all the math on how long you can keep the water sieve and slime distillers running.

People have become so dependent on steam geysers that they just accept death before trying anything else.

you can get limited, but huge amount of sand with rock granulator. slime can be unlimited resource, you need good slime farm. you can clean water without sieve.

i will not say its easy, its hard, but doable.

There is tons of polluted water on every map.  If you haven't found the geyser then there are probably dozens of polluted water pockets you can purify and use.  Your Dupes cannot contract slimelung from water even if it does have slimelung germs in it.  Slimelung germs will not jump to the air from water and you cannot get infected by slimelung even if it's on your food.  Refine the polluted water that's your solution.

As cruel as this sounds confine a crying dupe in a room over your water reservoir filled with Heavi-Watt wire and a liquid mesh floor. I don't know how much Water a Dupe can produce a day, but it should save your base until you find a Steam Geyser.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:58 AM, Angelix said:

no. create about 50-100 worlds and maybe you will see

Helicona isn't a seed, it's a game "setting" or "mode" that replaces most biomes with ice. By default, all generated worlds should have at least 4  geysers (2 Steam, 1Chlorine and 1 nat gas) Oil Wells sometimes don't spawn anyway. 

Playing in Helicona means a lot of water pockets and an entire world of solidified water, he can't possible run out of water in that mode, he just needs to melt the ice.

TheRock(Second Helicona) also has a lot of water pockets, and steaming water would result amount equal to the water you steam, basically, infinited-looped water supply. You lose a few milligrams yes, but that shouldn't be bad enough to die in the first 50 cycles.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:43 AM, Textapchie101 said:

How do i go debug mode?

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/74232-howto-enabling-debug-commands/

On 29.11.2017 at 10:43 PM, Textapchie101 said:

How do i go debug mode?

I personally never used devmode, feels like cheating. Based on my experience, with other games, i quick loose interest, when i use "easy mode". The ruins suck a bit, because not removable (without devmode), but it's really not needed for ONI, to get a base running. Don't add dupes to quick. Use outhouses, avoid showers. Most important part is that they wash their hands before taking a meal. Mealwood is really easy to get (in a poket of co²). ONI is a game, where you have to understand basics and when you do, game is (to) easy.

Short term:

You can produce O2 from PO2 with deodorizers. You can filter polluted water with sieves and turn it into oxygen via electrolyzers. You can turn slime into water and algae via algae distiller. You can scrub slimelung from ores directly with the ore scrubber. You can put materials in a chlorine storage to get rid of germs. You kill slimelung from air with heat/cold.

Long term:

Liquid oxygen; Produce morbs via outhoutses in a sealed off area (liquid lock), you need about 7 morbs/dupe, more is better and won't hurt. Keep the temperature of the morb area at their preferred temperature (around 20-30C?). You can also produce polluted oxygen with polluted water that is in contact with oxygen or polluted oxygen. Completely seal of a second area with abyssalite tiles after you've built a hydrogen bubbler inside it, there are many different ways of doing this. It will condense your polluted oxygen into pure liquid oxygen and kill off germs. Then pump the liquid oxygen to a place (with abyssalite pipes) where you can consume the cold oxygen.

Electrolyzer/water w/o steam geyser; You can produce polluted water via natural gas generators and petroleum generators, which you can either boil (aquatuner) or filter (sieve). Filtering is usually faster, easier and there is often a huge amount of sand in a world. Boiling via aquatuners lets you do 2 things at a time, boiling and cooling, so you can keep your main water reservoir cold, or cool any other liquid that needs cooling, but it requires a more sophisticated setup. There are natural gas geysers and there are oil reservoirs. Oil reservoirs with oil wells produce nat gas and crude oil, which can be used to make petroleum. Oil can also be made via feeding CO2 to slicksters.

I recommend that you use both long term solutions as they complement eachother in terms of power and heat.

Lately in the long-term I've been pumping my PO2 into a room with Pufts to create slime to fertilize my mushroom farm.  Electrolyzers are so efficient that I generally don't run into water shortage issues.  So I haven't needed to turn PO2 into O2 except on the small scale inside my base using deoderizers.

The following will drastically decrease your water usage:

1) Don't use the microbe musher if you can avoid it.  It is a water hog.
2) Don't grow bristle berries -- unless you use valves to severely limit the water they use.
3) Recycle polluted water.  Water sieves, boiler system, whatever.  Your showers and sinks return as much polluted water as the clean they use, and toilets return more.  Turn that polluted water into clean and use it again.

Archived