Pet Function Ideas

So I've been playing with critters lately, and started to think of some little things they could do besides follow you around

KittyKit- Gives more fish. Will chase butterflies and birds.

Vargling- Gives a small damage and movement boost. Will chase rabbits if they are nearby.

Ewelet- Ranged damage bonus and slight health buff.

Broodling- Give a slight fire damage resistance.

GlomGlom- Sanity raising aura. Chases after sweet items (ie: honey).

Giblet- Enhances effects of eating berries (can be cooked or not) or food grown from farm. Will rush berry bushes.

In order to get the perks like the movement and damage boost from the Vargling you will have to keep them fed, this will also prevent them from chasing things (IE and unfed KittyKit will chase after butterflies more often than a fed one, a plump one won't chase at all)

These may need balancing or more thought.

A feature to make them sit would be nice. Maybe a naming system?

To be honest, when I started playing and before I knew that critters were just feedable decorations I was sure they were giving you at least a small boost of sanity. Because I mean, they are PETS!! Who doesn't feel happy around their loving pets? They are like, the number one thing to make you feel better when you are not.

If they were to get some kind of unique perk I'd prefer it to be something universal or related to their traits instead of being specific to the kind of pet. That way they can still keep their aesthetic purpose. It would also be nice if it was something small or subtle so players without pets aren't missing much if they decide not to want them.

6 hours ago, Kazoo said:

In order to get the perks like the movement and damage boost from the Vargling you will have to keep them fed, this will also prevent them from chasing things (IE and unfed KittyKit will chase after butterflies more often than a fed one, a plump one won't chase at all)

Kind of makes me think of that Beefalo tending.

3 hours ago, fimmatek said:

But I agree that giving them names would be great, I'd like to see it implemented.

I'd love to make my kittykit be named after my cat, so I second this.

Archived