[Game Update] - 218235

• Developer
  • Pipe contents should no longer reset their temperature
  • Loading a game with old audio drivers should no longer cause a crash
  • Input bindings screen will show some feedback for when you should press a key
  • Harvest Rating bonus should now display the proper amount of points earned
  • Selecting Dupe clothing should no longer cause a crash
  • Liquid should now properly flow through Hydroponic Tiles
  • Plants should now display the air pressure and temperature they use for their conditions
  • Maturity tooltips distinguish between being Stifled and Ready for Harvest
  • Geysers should no longer overpressurize
  • Compost should now produce warmer Fertilizer
  • Pumps are no longer biased towards sampling gases/liquids in their bottom left corner
  • Pumps should now properly report whether they are blocked
  • Clicking on follow cam a second time disables the follow cam
  • Last used save file can now be uploaded as part of the crash report
  • Building multiple Doors beside each other should no longer freeze the area around them and should no longer crash
  • Hydroponic Tiles can now be emptied
  • Fertilizer Maker should now use it's internal storage even if its input pipe is empty
  • Dupes should no longer use cooking utensils to clean the Outhouse (this was also the cause of some of the crashes people were getting)
  • Geysers should no longer emit four times more mass than indicated by the UI
  • Gas/Liquid Permeable Tiles will try and displace ore, gas and liquid when constructed
  • Loading text is now localizable
  • Dupes should no longer jump off the Manual Generator to get to a Massage Table only to have to go back to the Manual Generator because the Massage Table has run out of power
  • Things marked for sweeping should still be marked for sweeping after a save load
  • You should now be able to build Wire Bridges on top of Heavi-Watt Wires
  • Added even more missing Korean characters to the Korean font
  • Changed the default font for localized languages to RobotoCondensed since it looks/fits better
  • Batteries should no longer appear idle when connected to a Transformer
  • Plant status items should now tell you when you've irrigated them with the wrong liquid

View full update

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • dupes should no longer use cooking utensils to clean the toilet(this was also the cause of some of the crashes people were getting)

Strange they aren't sick more often. This bug is amazing.

Edited by Lumina
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Dupes should no longer use cooking utensils to clean the Outhouse

I'd hate to be the dupe who would incur the wrath of the cook who has to get new cooking utensils after that.

38 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Pipe contents should no longer reset their temperature

Oh boy that day has come... Time to figure out other cooling systems but the Wheezeworts dont seem to be as efficient anymore. Good update, lots of bugs covered, thanks.

2 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Oh boy that day has come... Time to figure out other cooling systems but the Wheezeworts dont seem to be as efficient anymore. Good update, lots of bugs covered, thanks.

The problem I've always had is keeping them ventilated; if you're not careful they seem to create low gas pressure around themselves for some reason, and it's not really clear to me why that happens.

Just now, Ciderblock said:

The problem I've always had is keeping them ventilated; if you're not careful they seem to create low gas pressure around themselves for some reason, and it's not really clear to me why that happens.

so blowing extra air on them helps ? Ok I'll keep that in mind thanks.

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:
  • Geysers should no longer emit four times more mass than indicated by the UI

So that's why I could run so many generator off one geyser. I guess time to start a new game as the current one is not sustainable anymore :?

sorry for the dump question but where can I report a possible bug?

Or maybe someone here can help me, because he/she had the same problem?

As you can see in the picture, it tells me I have no resources what is impossible beside some water and a little bit of raw metal, since the last time I played (some hours ago before the new update) I had enough.
Also it can be seen that I have enough resources in my storage compactor or do they not count anymore since the new update?
I already start the game a second time but nothing changed, help?

2017-05-30.png

Awesome (and extensive) hotfix guys - you're really grinding the manual gens in Klei HQ.

The fix came mid-stream for me, so all my plans are now a little screwed, but they're all welcome changes none the less :) 

Great work.

1 hour ago, Histekia said:

As you can see in the picture, it tells me I have no resources what is impossible beside some water and a little bit of raw metal, since the last time I played (some hours ago before the new update) I had enough.
Also it can be seen that I have enough resources in my storage compactor or do they not count anymore since the new update?

2017-05-30.png

Did you actually start the game running, or is this from the pause screen right at the start?

7 hours ago, cmlee119 said:

oh my god.. my colony was ruined...

Yup.. most of us who getting used to the NG Geyser are ruin. lol

3 hours ago, Histekia said:

You can report bug here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni-alpha/

But what you are experiencing is not a bug, most likely you are just re-load your save file and the game haven't update the resource yet.

Unpaused the game and see all of your resources coming back to your colony.

Edited by Zervo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

Did you actually start the game running, or is this from the pause screen right at the start?

6 hours ago, Zervo said:

Yup.. most of us who getting used to the NG Geyser are ruin. lol

You can report bug here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni-alpha/

But what you are experiencing is not a bug, most likely you are just re-load your save file and the game haven't update the resource yet.

Unpaused the game and see all of your resources coming back to your colony.

I know what you mean and i unpaused the game more then once qnd then wait but nothing changed

I tried to to mske dome wires while my colony was sleeping but it didnt let me, so I restart the game, nothing changed

Thanks for the link, I will get to it as soon as I am on my pc again

Edited by Histekia
Forgot something

31 minutes ago, Eep said:

"Should" this and "should" that--do you actually TEST ALL of these bugfixes before releasing??

Yes I'd imagine they are tested, to a point. That point being either correcting the instance(s) of the bug from a specific report, and/or testing it in relation to a basic setup. But I'd assume they are wording it like they are, that is using "should", because due to the basic nature of bugs, some only occur under very specific circumstances, which can often be far removed from any comparison to a basic setup.

Meaning that while X (X being whatever bug) was fixed in relation to the bug report(s) that was filed, and/or basic testing, they can't be sure if the fix applies across every possible scenario. Hence "bug X should be fixed". And whether or bug X has been fixed in every possible scenario will only really be known from people playing the game and reporting the bugs they encounter (which is one of the main purposes of having play testers).     

59 minutes ago, Eep said:

"Should" this and "should" that--do you actually TEST ALL of these bugfixes before releasing??

No, they modify random things in the code and hope it will work. Seriously...

They are cautious because bugs are complexe and what could seems fixed in normal situation could still be broken when a player will test to do special stuff, especially in purpose. I play others games, and some says "fixed a bug when..." and the bug isn't properly fixed, or, it happen sometimes, they create the reverse bug, or another bug... So saying "fixed" isn't the garanty that anything is truly fixed, leading sometimes to anger for people saying "you said fixed !". So at least, "should be fixed" is a good reminder that we are in early access and not all is stable now.

14 hours ago, alkarr said:

So that's why I could run so many generator off one geyser. I guess time to start a new game as the current one is not sustainable anymore :?

My natural gas geyser is now become vacuum. My base is screwed up !

I'm guessing there can be differences between a specific layout in debug mode, which I assume they use, as opposed to normal (time consuming) play which has more variables.

Edited by PickPay

2 hours ago, Histekia said:

I tried to to mske dome wires while my colony was sleeping but it didnt let me, so I restart the game, nothing changed

What is the purpose of that row of locked airlocks on top of your containers? Have you tried removing it?

Click a dupe, click his Show Navigation button and check which areas are accessible for him. Try to open that airlock to the left of your containers.

28 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

What is the purpose of that row of locked airlocks on top of your containers? Have you tried removing it?

Click a dupe, click his Show Navigation button and check which areas are accessible for him. Try to open that airlock to the left of your containers.

lol.. yeah this might be the case.

for some reason they can't access the storage area, that's why it's not showing any resources (except if they are lying on the ground outside that airlocks)

2 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Its to keep the gas and also liquid (in the past there was water on the right side) out of my base

1 hour ago, Zervo said:

lol.. yeah this might be the case.

for some reason they can't access the storage area, that's why it's not showing any resources (except if they are lying on the ground outside that airlocks)

Also the left airlock is on auto so there shouldnt be any problem opening it and it never was before that update