Give me the reason to craft pets!

Hello,

I know, that pets are mostly decorative stuff. They do nothing, they can't influence the game. But! I see that no one craft them at the moment and forgot about their existence. Unfortunately, they are mostly problem: they get stuck behind the doors, and make that annoying sound :D . Feeding them not a problem at all, but even that is annoying job. They must have practical application!

I don't know what will it be and I don't have any specific suggestions... maybe they could help to find Klaus sack or imitate character's temperature or show when there's horror time in ruins, instead of that stupid thulecite Medallion, or work like compass or smth else... Maybe each pet could help to player with different stuff: one for ruins, one for Klaus Sack etc... So you have to change them all the time, depending of your current task. I don't know. But Klei added cool stuff with yellow bird in caves on the last update to give players reason to blow up that bird in caves at least once. Something similar must be happen with pets.

On 5/24/2017 at 4:50 AM, JohnWatson said:

So they can be used as spider and pig bait.

I think that console commands or mods suggestions are inappropriate in this topic and whole suggestions section.

7 hours ago, Apchi said:

I think that console commands or mods suggestions are inappropriate in this topic and whole suggestions section.

But he's suggesting that you use a command, in the suggestions section, so I think it all balances out.

3 hours ago, Ressayez said:

But he's suggesting that you use a command, in the suggestions section, so I think it all balances out.

:D Well, do you understand that console is not even a part of gameplay? If I was looking for similar solution, I would post this topic somewhere else. Under "suggestions and feedback" section, people post they suggestions in the hope of changes in the original game. And fresh solutions like "Use console cheats\Make your own mod\Install mod\Edit game code\Play another game" shouldn't be here.

I did not expect that need to explain such obvious things.

These are suggestions I would give:

*Crafty pet trait increases your crafing skill speed by 0.5;

*Scrappy pet trait will increase your harverst speed by 0.5;

*Playful pet trait will help you dig up the suspicious dirt piles, when digging up the first one, the pet will run towards next one, but won't be too far from player's visual range, till the player "investigates" it, or leaves it by reaching it;

*Well-fed (simply nothing to add, it's a trait for the pet to be less annoying :P).

I like the castle crashers approach for battle, allowing pets do something special once and then. 

Maybe besides what mantas suggested for peaceful times, during battle each will do a special attack/Buff/debuff of their own once every X amount of time, being X directly proportional to how strong is what they do (A strong buff or attack will be made inbetween long periods, and smaller buffs or low damage attacks will have less cooldown).

Regardless, the spacing time between whatever they do will always be long, so its not like you can rely on your pet to fight at all, it would be just a little help to make them worth having. I was even thinking in "small" cooldowns of 1/4 of  a day for weak attacks, and maybe a full day for more powerful ones.

8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I like the castle crashers approach for battle, allowing pets do something special once and then. 

Maybe besides what mantas suggested for peaceful times, during battle each will do a special attack/Buff/debuff of their own once every X amount of time, being X directly proportional to how strong is what they do (A strong buff or attack will be made inbetween long periods, and smaller buffs or low damage attacks will have less cooldown).

Regardless, the spacing time between whatever they do will always be long, so its not like you can rely on your pet to fight at all, it would be just a little help to make them worth having. I was even thinking in "small" cooldowns of 1/4 of  a day for weak attacks, and maybe a full day for more powerful ones.

I don't exactly like the idea of getting extra damage, some characters already for much more than we would even need...

I'd like them having sorta buffs on simpler stuff, pets having damage multiplying topics are overrated imo¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it would be cool if they could be used as a trash can so i can "feed" them the items i no longer need or have too much of it, it would also be nice if they could stay in the base and not follow you all the time.

i know lureplants can be used as trashcan just that sometimes it can be trick to stand to drop items without getting hit at first.

Archived