Metheus Puzzle and Wilson's speech

If go to the Metheus Puzzle page, click on either of the torch lights (the yellow, round ones), an image of the cave painting will appear. Press 'back' in your browser and the Metheus Puzzle page will reload, and suddenly you hear Wilson.

Was this there before? Am I succumbing to insanity?

Either that, or... I have no clue. Intuition suggests it is likely a glitch, yeah. On the other hand, why would suddenly a glitch have appeared out of the blue if the website hasn't been updated since the puzzle got solved?

When people first solved the puzzle it was by brute-forcing item combinations in the ancient chest. Right? Perhaps having solved it using trial-and-error and some luck, we missed out on the "proper way" of solving it, and so the cave painting remains untranslated. Consider all the symbol combinations and arrangements. We still have no idea whether they spell out a text or not.

This was brought up on the puzzles main page. There have been addition of clues with Wilson saying something regarding the puzzle state.

There seems to be a bug for those who have completed it where it just plays at the start of a refresh.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

This was brought up on the puzzles main page. There have been addition of clues with Wilson saying something regarding the puzzle state.

There seems to be a bug for those who have completed it where it just plays at the start of a refresh.

Could I have a link to the main page, please? My internet is so bad I can't load most of the forum. :( Sorry.

EDIT: Found it!

Looked around the code for the website, found this in the sounds script. tldr: not a glitch, and intentional that it played after completing at least one of the puzzles(if (torch == true)). I say 'after completing at least one of the puzzles' because partner's way too busy to complete second puzzle but I can still hear the Wilson speech lol

f3246302d751ab901a2ea4293752094f.png

Archived