Please nerf ancient fuelwearer! I'm begging you!!

55 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I totally agree... I don't understand why you are quoting me here... ?? O.o

Just expanding on your point to add that Helicapuma also plans to solo this boss as Maxwell!

Also, if you read the thread, you'll see that I've posted earlier and in fact was the person who originally  posted the video in question. Not everyone who quotes you is arguing against you!

12 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Just expanding on your point to add that Helicapuma also plans to solo this boss as Maxwell!

Also, if you read the thread, you'll see that I've posted earlier and in fact was the person who originally  posted the video in question. Not everyone who quotes you is arguing against you!

Ok... my bad! :)

I have said this before so many times... I feel like monsters/bosses in the game should get harder the more people there are in game.

This way people can solo bosses but it will be just as hard for a group of six people.

On another note when someone suggests something please don't just say "there is a mod for that".

Mods are unstable and often abandoned and some people just don't want to use them. :)

Edit: I know I'm going to get some much hate for this... :/

Just now, JimmyJam said:

I have said this before so many times... I feel like monsters/bosses in the game should get harder the more people there are in game.

This way people can solo bosses but it will be just as hard for a group of six people.

On another note when someone suggests something please don't just say "there is a mod for that".

Mods are unstable and often abandoned and some people just don't want to use them. :)

and some of the creators don't even update their mods most of the time.

On 4/23/2017 at 2:17 PM, Josonic said:

Yes using any of the world customization options is cheating, the devs also gave you console commands, would you not consider that cheating? I don't see how the 'devs made it so its not cheating' argument holds any water.

omg.PNG

Oooooooooooooooooh man, I'm cheating guys! Someone report me because I'm giving myself an unfair advantage! Oh man, I'm abusing a feature the devs gave me! I'm a huge cheater!

25 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Oooooooooooooooooh man, I'm cheating guys! Someone report me because I'm giving myself an unfair advantage! Oh man, I'm abusing a feature the devs gave me! I'm a huge cheater!

Nice meme, I already called out the circle jerk 3 pages back though

4 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

The problem with this kind of option, is that you have to be careful, because it could have unwanted side effects.

Let say the "more people, more health" thing becore a vanilla game option, and no more a mod option. Will we see stuff like "character 1 is fighting spider warrior, and is about to kill it, character 2 join, spider warrior suddently have more hp, character 1 die and is angry", or "group want to fight dragonfly, character 4 doesn't because he is afwul at boss, others players ban him because they don't want the added hp" or any "we need you to fight, you add difficulty, stop being useless", when not everyone like fighting and when there are others useful things to do. Or anything that will make people feel that the game is unfairly harded because they play with more people or because someone choose a "bad" character or because one of them is doing something else and still count in the total hp of the enemy.

In a mod it's fine, because after all you choose to play with this mod and you have plenty of choice to avoid this if you feel like more player = more hp for monster is annoying for you. But in classic DST... As a mostly solo player, i could use a mod when monster have less HP (except the one that keep the DS HP value of course). But when i play with others players, i don't want monster to have more HP because we are more players, it feel like a penalty, a punishement. I don't want to think "if player 4 wasn't here the fight will be easier", but i know i will agaisnt difficult bosses.

So maybe something good on paper or good for mods isn't good for vanilla game. Or could have downsides.

5 minutes ago, Lumina said:

The problem with this kind of option, is that you have to be careful, because it could have unwanted side effects.

Let say the "more people, more health" thing becore a vanilla game option, and no more a mod option. Will we see stuff like "character 1 is fighting spider warrior, and is about to kill it, character 2 join, spider warrior suddently have more hp, character 1 die and is angry", or "group want to fight dragonfly, character 4 doesn't because he is afwul at boss, others players ban him because they don't want the added hp" or any "we need you to fight, you add difficulty, stop being useless", when not everyone like fighting and when there are others useful things to do. Or anything that will make people feel that the game is unfairly harded because they play with more people or because someone choose a "bad" character or because one of them is doing something else and still count in the total hp of the enemy.

In a mod it's fine, because after all you choose to play with this mod and you have plenty of choice to avoid this if you feel like more player = more hp for monster is annoying for you. But in classic DST... As a mostly solo player, i could use a mod when monster have less HP (except the one that keep the DS HP value of course). But when i play with others players, i don't want monster to have more HP because we are more players, it feel like a penalty, a punishement. I don't want to think "if player 4 wasn't here the fight will be easier", but i know i will agaisnt difficult bosses.

So maybe something good on paper or good for mods isn't good for vanilla game. Or could have downsides.

Well there are many ways to fix the problems you come up with.

1, the game could check to see how many players are near the boss when it spawns or the fight starts

2, Monsters wouldn't change hp. They would spawn with it. so say there are 2 players on and a spider spawns with 50hp. A new player joins making the player count go up to 3. The spider would still have 50hp but any new spiders that spawn would have 75hp

I don't think normal monsters should have more health anyway because most of the time its 1v1

I see what you mean but they could just make it so you set the health of bosses. much like you can set the spawn rate of thing now.

I feel like the normal monsters health is fine how it id now. Its the bosses! Having a options to set the health would be great and open the game up to so many people.

Just now, Lumina said:

But what if you are 4 people when deerclop spawn and 2 left ? Or what if the new strategy is to dispers when a boss is about to spawn so he will have 1 player HP then reunite to fight it ?

Idk lol im just saying that having the option would be nice.

Yes i could understand. I'm just saying that it's not obvious to manage and could create abuse or problems. And create frustrations and anger between players. Mods offers an option, and the main game stay clean and free of abuses. I wouldn't be against an option, but it should be done with caution.

• Developer

Always remember to be civil and polite, everyone.

Before posting, ask yourself this: "Is this about someone's behavior or the topic we're dicussing?"

The moment a thread starts being more about others and less about its original topic it'll start derailing and getting toxic, which leave no options for moderators but to lock it.

to: noname167

first i agree that he should be nerfed a bit

second i agree that you should play together because this games word is 'together' why would they have named their new game like that when all you r doing is arguing about you can't handle a boss the game is made to be "together"

fuel weaver is hard without that bug of him using his bone piles surrounding you

but it was an accident a bug

why would klei then make this boss so hard alone

just play with others

Just now, sleepy spider said:

to: noname167

first i agree that he should be nerfed a bit

second i agree that you should play together because this games word is 'together' why would they have named their new game like that when all you r doing is arguing about you can't handle a boss the game is made to be "together"

fuel weaver is hard without that bug of him using his bone piles surrounding you

but it was an accident a bug

why would klei then make this boss so hard alone

just play with others

use a weather pain to take care of the shadow spiders and one person can try to stay sane with a bee queen crown and also smash them manually... I really don't see why you ask for a nerf hp. If two people work together, this is very manageable.

On 22/04/2017 at 1:03 PM, xxVERSUSxy said:

You are subjective and falsely generalize that subjectiveness. This, as others have pointed out, is a multiplayer game meant to be tackled by parties of players. Even more so with the Ancient Fuelweaver which is suppose to be something of an ultimate boss (relatively). Plus even now there are methods of taking him down even solo (see above/previous video).

Ah, I remember when Don't Starve was a singleplayer game...

I remember when Klei first announced Together, they said that they would make sure that singleplayer wouldn't be left behind...

Those were the days...

Archived