Best Use for Hondius Shootius?

1 hour ago, Sylveonite said:

Wall in a few bunny hutches near your base, put the houndius shootius outside the walls, walk by carrying meat. Free food!

Rabbits can be killed in easier ways...

IMO you should use it either to make a cave farm for monkeys or to deal with hounds(replacing the trap fields). Its DPS is relatively low to use against any bosses. However nice this turret could be on paper, its not game changing at all. It is, however, pretty useful during Krampi farming.

1 hour ago, Diaboliko said:

Its DPS is relatively low to use against any bosses.

You're able to get up to 3 in 1 world (though you can just pocket them and escape for more). You can use multiples to kite boss so long as their attacks are staggered. At the very least, you can use them as additional damage.

2 minutes ago, KilliasK said:

You're able to get up to 3 in 1 world (though you can just pocket them and escape for more). You can use multiples to kite boss so long as their attacks are staggered. At the very least, you can use them as additional damage.

This is DST.

Just now, Cyberboy2000 said:

Renewable means there's no (theoretical) limit to how many you can get. You can renew it by resetting ruins.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. So I'll just say that was rhetoric. I know what renewable means. That was my point.

1 minute ago, KilliasK said:

I'm not sure how to respond to this. So I'll just say that was rhetoric. I know what renewable means. That was my point.

I don't think that was very obvious from your comment (I had to re-read it to understand what you meant). Also I assume you mean rhetorical.

if you use the Hondius Shootius for a Krampus farm then this means 3 things:

• you would have to wall it in, else would risk having it taken down fast
  • you need to repair the walls as Krampus will kick them if Hondius Shootius is out of reach then attack it once punched in or is within it's reach
  • once you get the Krampus sack, the Hondius Shootius will just sit there being useless

I would rather rely get 4-5 rabbits hutches and use them to take down the Krampus waves, as the rabbits attack them on sight.

For Hondius Shootius I would rather make a pen out of burned end tables, make a Varg trap and farm hounds for their teeth, gems and monster meat. We did this in last world and had lots of loot from it with minimal effort. :)

8 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

IMO you should use it either to make a cave farm for monkeys or to deal with hounds(replacing the trap fields). Its DPS is relatively low to use against any bosses. However nice this turret could be on paper, its not game changing at all. It is, however, pretty useful during Krampi farming.

True, true. Monkeys are probably a better usage.

Having one at the base would still be nice to ease up on hound attacks, which will never stop. Although it just puts to light how little danger there is for player bases, which is unfortunate.

Heard previously that the Guardian naturally respawns during the Summer in Don't Starve Together, but the Fuelweaver also resets the Ruins. Does that mean the Guardian can be respawned two ways or is the former incorrect?

9 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

I didn't want to use in the caves because I'll lose it when ruins reset right?   For hounds I don't use traps anymore, I just fight them or led them to beefalo, swamp, spiders, bees etc (all nearby).   Krampus farming I do near beefalo.

i think you can trap the monkeys by blocking their hutches (after killing them all)?

38 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Having one at the base would still be nice to ease up on hound attacks, which will never stop. Although it just puts to light how little danger there is for player bases, which is unfortunate.

Heard previously that the Guardian naturally respawns during the Summer in Don't Starve Together, but the Fuelweaver also resets the Ruins. Does that mean the Guardian can be respawned two ways or is the former incorrect?

Well, if the guardian respawns that would be amazing.

Just now, The Curator said:

I'm pretty sure Guardian doesn't re spawn during summer. However in Rezecibs Rebalance mod it does. Maybe you heard someone referring to that?

12 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

I'm pretty sure Guardian doesn't re spawn during summer. However in Rezecibs Rebalance mod it does. Maybe you heard someone referring to that?

Yeah people sometimes forget they even have mods installed, probably was that. But with the Fuelweaver the Guardian can now be respawned at least, even if it does require fighting multiple significant bosses.

1 hour ago, Mencken said:

I didn't want to use in the caves because I'll lose it when ruins reset right?   For hounds I don't use traps anymore, I just fight them or led them to beefalo, swamp, spiders, bees etc (all nearby).   Krampus farming I do near beefalo.

I'm pretty sure anything you build in the ruins will be retained along with the map after the reset, but I've only reset the ruins using a console command, not the Fuel Weaver, so I could be wrong.

What will be reset is the guardian, contents of chests, clockworks, monkeys, slurpers, worms and statues. So anything you knocked down/killed will be back again. This raises the question of: what if you built something on the site where a statue once stood? I have no idea if that would cause a crash or simply keep the statue from regenerating.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, Mencken said:

i think you can trap the monkeys by blocking their hutches (after killing them all)?

It will not get deleted when the ruins get reset. The ruins reset event only repsawns destroyed entities in the ruins (excluding thulecite walls if I recall correctly).

You are correct about being able to trap monkeys by blocking their hutches.

Personally, I prefer using the Houndius Shootius for monkeys. If you set up a wall that will stop them from moving ahead, you could set up a Houndius Shootius behind it, run around a monkey biome when the Nightmare Phase hits and go hide behind said wall. I've been using it for quite a while and it works like a charm.

Archived