Thought

Auth

Heya JoeW, my pal-io, not sure where this would go exactly, so feel free to move this to OT if this isn't exactly the place for it

I know you're always busy and all, but recently I got a thought and I think it'd be a really neat feature here on the forums, and that's the ability to hide your total community rep(likes) much like profile views and what not. There's really not that much to this thought and I have no idea if it'd be difficult or not (the amount of websites i've made is a staggering 0) so i'd understand if nothing develops.

Also feel free to lock/hide/delete this as well if you don't quite feel like doing this or whatever, it's just a thought i had

• Developer

These forums aren't entirely made by Joe, they're made by IPB, though I reckon Joe edited it quite a bit, and I'm sure there's some of Klei's own code involved to handle some things. I don't think IPB allows for rep hiding, but Joe or another Klei dev might be able to work around that.

IPB doesn't allow rep hiding - but I could manage something. Thing is, the purpose of rep is that it provides some sort of example of how you interact with the community - it's less that it actually matters and more that people would prefer not to have bad rep. If you could hide it, then it makes it pretty much just meaningless for people all together. 

Honestly, I would prefer not to have it at all, because I don't think people should care about their number of posts or rep. But people like it. 

I wouldn't mind just moving it off of threads, but just like titles, I can't really change things at this point without a bunch of people getting annoyed. =)

I agree with Weirdobob, profile views are kind of silly of a stat. It doesn't really mean anything.

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

You can change my title, I swear I won't get annoyed.

Really, I promise.

But you just received a personal book cover based on your title! >:O

Archived