Theory: The Survivors absolutely cannot leave the world now.

All right, so with the advent of Winter's Feast, it introduced a bunch of festive and cheery objects, presumably all added by Charlie as these weren't present when Maxwell was in reign of the world. Of course, there was also the introduction of Klaus and the like. And a few months ago, Hallowed Nights was a thing. These are all usually happy and festive times of the year in the real world, but they're only now put in by Charlie. My theory is, what if the Survivors of the world, Wilson and co., simply cannot leave ever? Charlie, being kind of split between a nicer side more akin to her old self, and the Nightmare half intent on ruin, might know this, and is introducing such amenities to make living in the world of Don't Starve to make it ever so slightly more comfortable. Of course, the shadow half of her probably introduced the terror that is Klaus, among other things, but it's just a thought. Just her trying to make the Don't Starve world more like home, however she can.

Not quite sure on the canonity status of the skins, but they were promoted during Hallowed Nights, so who knows.

Whaddya guys, gals, robits, and others think?

There is actually a quote, by Maxwell I believe, that states "Charlie didn't make this one."

Referring to Klaus.

EDIT: Maxwell's examine for eggnog is also: "My... favorite... she remembered."

EDIT2: Huh, maybe it was my mistake or it was changed, but the current one [for Klaus] is: "My, what a magnificently horrific creature."

For the longest time I have believed that Maxwell, Wilson, and Charlie (while being on the throne AKA The Ruler) are mere puppets. The Shadows want a strong host that can withstand their 'gifts'. But the Host does get to make choices of free will occasionally. Such as when Maxwell made everything Chess-like. Like how Charlie introduced the glory (and misery) that are skins and events. The point is, unless everyone. And I mean EVERYONE joins together to stop them, they'll be stuck there for the rest of their lives. An endless cycle of life and death. And minor commercial like periods of slight happiness.

19 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

EDIT2: Huh, maybe it was my mistake or it was changed, but the current one [for Klaus] is: "My, what a magnificently horrific creature."

It was changed. Hmmmmm...

c3XPEpp.jpg

There's also this quote from Maxwell about Klaus (although it kind of hard to tell what context it's used in):

KLAUS = "I'll not be done in by an overgrown Krampus."

My hairbrained hypothesis is that WE are "them," and everything in the world is in service to us, the players. The characters can never leave because we want them there. we want to keep playing. The hungry public demands content; shadow creatures are merely hazards of the world.

32 minutes ago, Pelliway said:

My hairbrained hypothesis is that WE are "them," and everything in the world is in service to us, the players. The characters can never leave because we want them there. we want to keep playing. The hungry public demands content; shadow creatures are merely hazards of the world.

That would actually be pretty awesome.

844.jpg

5 hours ago, Serrix said:

All right, so with the advent of Winter's Feast, it introduced a bunch of festive and cheery objects, presumably all added by Charlie as these weren't present when Maxwell was in reign of the world.

Eggnog, freshly squeezed from the butt of a spider. Just like mom used to make! 

3 hours ago, Pelliway said:

Hey, hey, hey. Don't go breaking the fourth wall now.

7 hours ago, Zhuzha said:

There's also this quote from Maxwell about Klaus (although it kind of hard to tell what context it's used in):

KLAUS = "I'll not be done in by an overgrown Krampus."

So... IS this MAxwelll being childish or just grumpy? I'm with Zhuzha, I wonder what's going through his mind.

6 hours ago, Pelliway said:

:U

I'll just believe in this theory now.

Archived