Enraged Klaus fight

So I got together with a couple of my buds and we killed the enraged Klaus. He was a pretty hard boss to kill without the proper gear, ( @Clwnbaby got most of the gear for us) Unfortunately, the Klaus didn't drop anything worthwhile, which of course was pretty disappointing because of how long it took to prepare. In the end the boss was fun to fight, but I wish the boss at least had a 50% chance of a Krampus Sack drop, if not more then that, In order to make the boss more worthwhile/enjoyable to fight. I did get Steel-toed boots though! Life is complete.

Fighters in the video: @EsaiXD, @Infinibee0x0, @Clwnbaby, @sirknightdude, S3(?) and @SoSaltee 

I know that they did try to kill the Enraged Klaus today on the Klei stream, but they failed..this one is for you @V2C =) 

step 1) Kill klaus 1st form.

step 2) Use 23 gunpowders on 2nd form klaus

step 3) Kill one of klaus's deers, or simply use tp staff on both deers.

step 4) Tank klaus and put in some 10~20 hits with darksword.

there, 50% krampus sack.

You can make step 4 even easier if you precisely bring down klaus' HP to the lowest before setting it enrage.

Congratz on this kill @SuperPsiPower and the crew.

I honestly prefer to kill him in the other way, even if its easier, but atleast there is some effects and movement to it, besides the tank and spanking.

Don't get me wrong, Enraged Krampus is harder, but is just a tank and spank fight witch just requires a lot more resources and healing. Since the way we kill Dragonfly is already like that, i rather not have to do another boss like that for any reason ;)

Best Regards,

Glermz

1 hour ago, Mday said:

set to 50%= noone farm Krampus anymore.

Also i agree to this. Don't buff Krampus Sack. Maybe make it drop more lights, and extra Giant Loot Present ? But definitely not Krampus Sack. It's fine as it is. There is a lot of ways to farm Krampus in DST without cheesy, lets not make everyone have a Krampus Sack every 20 Days :p

Just now, Glhrmzz said:

Also i agree to this. Don't buff Krampus Sack. Maybe make it drop more lights, and extra Giant Loot Present ? But definitely not Krampus Sack. It's fine as it is. There is a lot of ways to farm Krampus in DST without cheesy, lets not make everyone have a Krampus Sack every 20 Days :p

More lights is a good idea thou.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

set to 50%= noone farm Krampus anymore.

Is this so tragic? Krampus farming seems tedious for those who do it and annoying for bystanders. I can only say that as an observer though because even the old style of Krampus sack farming never seemed worth it for what you got. The Krampus sack's allure escapes me, but given how much players prize it, it seems like a fair reward for a big fight, whereas the old way is just easy but grindy.

8 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Is this so tragic? Krampus farming seems tedious for those who do it and annoying for bystanders. I can only say that as an observer though because even the old style of Krampus sack farming never seemed worth it for what you got. The Krampus sack's allure escapes me, but given how much players prize it, it seems like a fair reward for a big fight, whereas the old way is just easy but grindy.

set to 50%= noone farm Krampus anymore. <-- does it sound like I am against/for it?

The game gets easier/harder all the time as the dev make changes. I am merely pointing out the consequences.

Edit: and if you ask me:

1) killing the enraged klaus for 50% chance of krampus sack drop; or

2) farming the krampus for 1 % chance of krampus sack drop,

which one is the easier way to get a sack?

I am gona say killing the enraged klaus is the way to go.

11 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Well i'm sorry, but for anyone who loves building in the game, who have a big base, who plays with others who might not do as much cleaning as you do, Krampus Sack is a Huge Game Changer. Sure it's easy to kill Krampus and farm them , but it can take you loads of time, resources to get a one BIG SACK. It's Worth it, and shouldn't be, in my opinion, obtainable in any other way, specially in such a high chance every 20 days.

After Christmas he'll be dropping bundles instead of gifts right? That basically means gaining a heap of wax paper all at once.

Still, I think all the bosses should be dropping more christmas lights, especially since they have durability. As it stands catching a firefly is better.

Just now, gabblox said:

After Christmas he'll be dropping bundles instead of gifts right? That basically means gaining a heap of wax paper all at once.

Still, I think all the bosses should be dropping more christmas lights, especially since they have durability. As it stands catching a firefly is better.

won't have 6 bundle. I remember someone saying that after christmas it will drop 3 bundles per kill? Will see, things can change.

3 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

Well i'm sorry, but for anyone who loves building in the game, who have a big base, who players with others who might not do as much cleaning as you do, Krampus Sack is a Huge Game Changer. Sure it's easy to kill Krampus and farm them , but it can take you loads of time, resources to get a one BIG SACK. It's Worth it, and shouldn't be, in my opinion, obtainable in any other way, specially in such a high chance every 20 days.

In that case, I would LOVE a way to get scales, toadstool skins and the blueprints for the furnace and mushlights that is the equivalent of Krampus farming, because those things seem like gamechangers to me and are very difficult to get with one player. A grindy, time-consuming, resource-consuming alternative to raid bosses that one person can achieve as easily as farming Krampus would be great, I would happily put the time and effort in. But for some reason many people feel that you should only be able to win drops that good by fighting bosses, which is why it seems odd that there should be so much pushback on the suggestion that the sack be made a boss drop.

sack is just a luxury item that isnt supposed to be dropped at such a rate considering that you can get deer eye out of the gifts that server we fought it on has about 36 eyes in it not to mention the occasional breaking of a eyebrella with a  forgetful player. Sacks are something you want to strive for you already got a 10 percent i think of getting it with the normal gifts considering im the only main player in that server that has yet to get a sack.

but the enraged fight should give you more stuff for doing so 12 presents maybe? other than just getting the gem the deer has if you do kill the deers

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

They DID mention in the stream that they changed the deers' AI just to stop players from killing the deers. I think the enragement is just your punishment for killing the innocent deers and shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Webber even states that Klaus imprisoned the deer, I assume this means they are being forced to fight for him.

All signs point to no, but the survivor is far beyond caring for their cute facade, what must be done must be done, the potato will be made into a cup and the deer will be executed for their crimes.

I can just agree to glhrmzz. Buffing the krampus sack would be horrible in my opinion. I thinks it´s great, that it is a really rare item. Of course it is grindy, but that is great about it. There has to be some stuff you can´t get easy. And it feels so much better when it is hard to get something. 

10 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

Webber even states that Klaus imprisoned the deer, I assume this means they are being forced to fight for him.

All signs point to no, but the survivor is far beyond caring for their cute facade, what must be done must be done, the potato will be made into a cup and the deer will be executed for their crimes.

"I shall free thy deer this day!" - Wigfrid.

The deers, as you said, are being forced to fight. You can't just punish them for THAT. And they do get freed after the fight. Also, they only drop 1 meat. It's pretty apparent they aren't meant to be killed. You can kill them if you want, but your reward would only be 1 meat. Not worth it in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Electroely said:

"I shall free thy deer this day!" - Wigfrid.

The deers, as you said, are being forced to fight. You can't just punish them for THAT. And they do get freed after the fight. Also, they only drop 1 meat. It's pretty apparent they aren't meant to be killed. You can kill them if you want, but your reward would only be 1 meat. Not worth it in my opinion.

Pretty sure wig just wanted to free the deer so that she can kill them afterward with relative ease.

By the way, the sack spawning changed again.

For Winter's Feast, it will spawn on day 1, and it will respawn after 20 days after it was opened.

If there's no event enabled, then it will spawn only during the first 3 days of winter and it will respawn next winter.

6 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Does it despawn after winter?

Well, I was going to say no.

But it looks like that when winter ends, if the sack detects no Klaus and no key on the world, it disappears.

So yes.

Also, this applies without Winter's Feast enabled. With the event enabled, the sack stays all year around.

Klaus has 10000/10000 HP 1st form, 5000/10000 HP at his 2nd form

When klaus is enraged, his HP get scaled by 2.477 (which is 1.4^3) and he get a damage reduction of 64% (which is 1-1/1.4^3). So a blow dart at 100 damage will lower his HP by 36).

If you lower 2nd form Klaus' HP to 1, then make him enrage. He will have 3 HP after enrage.

What is also interesting is that if you patch up Klaus with honey poultice at his 2nd form, rising his HP form 5000 to 10000 then enrage him, he will have the full 27440/27440 HP instead of the usual 13744/27440 HP.

So I guess what I really want to say is that, killing a 3 HP enraged Klaus is essentially the same as killing a klaus without enraging it. If you are to give the enraged Klaus a 50% krampus sack drop rate, then effectively you are giving the non-enraged klaus a 50% krampus drop.

I don't against making it easier for people to get there krampus, non do I support it. I just don't think a enraged klaus is worth that much higher drop rate than a non-enraged one.

Renewable Mandrakes or Thulecite or Fireflies or Guardian Horns (because it has horns and guards the sack (granted Ancient Guardian easier to defeat))?

And it's relatively easy to set HP to max on enrage and even increase max HP if it hadn't been enraged in its first form.

Archived