Bee Queen - First Kill

So Bee Queen looks amazing. Honestly, great Art Work, hits like a truck, have her minions, everything spot on!

The Loot: Ok, Royal Honey for an amazing recipe that regens health over time, it's really good i know, but i felt a little bit Meh after it. Compared to the other giants loot feels like it's not enough for a 16k health boss who hits like a truck. All the other giants had some cool crafts, so i'm wondering if that is going to be added in the next updates ?

I just want to say, even if i think it's not enough doesnt mean that i didnt love the Idea of the Royal Honey and it's recipe, because i love it and it looks AWESOME. I just feel it's not enough to make us waste so many resources to fight her every 10-20 days.

ps. I leave here a link to the video of the First Kill + The Craft Video Here!

2 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

so i'm wondering if that is going to be added in the next updates ?

Not impossible, the beta is here to test things and improve them, also some parts are sometime planned but not done yet. Klei is listening to feedback (like with toadstool), too.

She doesn't only drop Royal Jelly, she also drops Honeycombs, making them renewable. Just for that she's very worth it to kill in my opinion.

All I want now is the Ancient Guardian respawning and everything we would ever need would be renewable, while also being a challenge to get (instead of the old singleplayer grind of world hopping).

13 minutes ago, Hobgoblino said:

She doesn't only drop Royal Jelly, she also drops Honeycombs, making them renewable. Just for that she's very worth it to kill in my opinion.

You have a point there, still i think something more would make it perfect!

This may sound kinda powerful, but when inspect the jellybeans Webber says something about planting them.

How cool would it be if you could shove them in the ground and grow some weird kind of beanstalk! I mean, if it could slowly produce more jellybeans, that'd be amazing but a wee bit powerful. 

I cant think of any other uses for it, hmm.

I honestly think the honeycombs and jelly are enough. Cause the royal jelly works like a mandrake in the sense that it overpowers the other recipes in a crock pot, making it almost certain you'll get jellybeans with just one jelly (and like, 3 red caps) for 3 jars of jellybeans. And considering how you get like 6-7 jelly from her, you can make around 18-21 jars of jellybeans, which equals to about 9-10.5 full days of health regen.

So basically, pretty freakin' worth. And it'll make the future bee queen fights (and any other boss really) much easier.

I really like the Bee Queen, honestly. Fits the art-style, concept is nice, drops are nice, just belissimo! Although I think there should be some element of how spider nests and spider queens reproduce, so that with this bee hives could renew themselves. Hmm... I was thinking may be in the places where there's a lof of bee hives, there would be 1 - 3 giant bee hives (so not just one per world) and over time, if within a certain radius of those giant bee hives (e.g. up to 30 tiles) there's less than, say 10 bee hives, the bee warriors could may be come out of the giant bee hive and construct a normal bee hive. And perhaps the same with Wasp/Killer bee hives, so perhaps there could be a Killer Bee Queen, a killer bee variant for Bee Queen and such? Idk, just a thought.

Like, honey combs are renewable now, but bee hives (and killer bee hives) themselves are not unfortunately :(

5 hours ago, Ashkain said:

This may sound kinda powerful, but when inspect the jellybeans Webber says something about planting them.

How cool would it be if you could shove them in the ground and grow some weird kind of beanstalk! I mean, if it could slowly produce more jellybeans, that'd be amazing but a wee bit powerful. 

I cant think of any other uses for it, hmm.

Plant it for bee hives? May be...?

24 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

One thing I still feel confused about: Does the Jellybean's health regeneration effect disappear once you reach full health, of does it continuously work for five full days?

One jar of jellybeans works continuously for half a day. The regen doesn't stack with other jellybeans also, I tried. So if you use one royal jelly to make the jellybeans, the 3 jars you get should keep you held over for 1.5 days.

7 hours ago, Ashkain said:

I second this idea. There's something fantastic about a candy-beanstalk that I'd be fine with the concept being explored.

I want to plant the Jellybeans and grow em up so i can travel between Asgard and Don't Starve world for Odin's sake. :p

I noticed that Wigfrid can eat the Jellybeans, Is this gonna be removed? or it's intended? (It doesn't have protien after all)

On 04/11/2016 at 4:11 PM, Glhrmzz said:

You have a point there, still i think something more would make it perfect!

to be fair, i know what you mean by the sense its "lacking" sure the jelly might be nice for making a taste treat, honey combs are renewable, ok i guess, but still gotta go through the hassel of killing the devil all the bosses have something unique about em, for crafting which makes em stand out, Goose Goose gives you downfeathers which makes summer a lil easier. deerclops gives you the best head gear in game or a piece to an attack turret houndius shootus, beargers fur  will either give you a insulated back pack or a part piece to a dapper clothing, then dragonfly the apperance are deciving of being a huge pain in the butt, gives you scales, and a pet mob...which im proposing that the queen bee should have a chance (yet a small chance) to be able to drop a follower mob, since it is a critters update it would tie in well, that say a special item will allow you to have a follower mob that will assist you in fights, your very own pet bee princess "royal honeycomb/beeswax" itll be a good item incentive to keep going back to attack the queen bee in trying to get this fighter mob..as it is we got a mobile chest, got an mobile sanity booster, and a sort of mobile fire pit? so maybe a fighter quick fighter mob would be brilliant, tho to its rarity i dont think that once the bee princess dies the item in question dies, as it would defeat the object of its use

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, minespatch said:

I second this idea. There's something fantastic about a candy-beanstalk that I'd be fine with the concept being explored.

Convert Up and Away into a Candy wonderland! Cotton Candy clouds, Gingerbread Houses and more :o

Archived