DST Adventure Mode : Yes or no?

DST Adventure Mode : Yes or no?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should DST Adventure mode of some sort be a thing?

• That would be a cool idea
    • Naw, I think DST is better without it
    • It would be too hard to implement / How would that be implemented?

Do you think there should be a different adventure mode for DST (Or an adventure mode at all)? I personally think there should be a new game mode for worlds called "adventure", with a whole new story and levels, featuring Charlie maybe? Everyone would have to work together to survive the worlds to beat adventure mode.

What do you guys think?

37 minutes ago, PandoMish said:

I think there should be Teleportato too.

How would that be implemented though? Would everyone have to agree to reset the world? It could also be an option, to have a teleportato or not.

41 minutes ago, QooQoo said:

How would that be implemented though? Would everyone have to agree to reset the world? It could also be an option, to have a teleportato or not.

Maybe you could change characters with it

• Developer
43 minutes ago, QooQoo said:

No idea... I just know Nome said in a stream Adventure Mode won't be ported over and if they end up doing something it'll be something in the same vein, but more multiplayer-oriented.

I can't wait to see what Klei will think of for it... if they end up making it, of course :p

I'm all up for it,

it can be done with system a like voting to change/progress to next world etc (When teleporto is ready and a prompt asks each guy in the map to vote to activate) like maps work in games like doom with Coop play, you can have an obj like finding keys for doors (Pieces for teleporto) and bypassing passages with multiples switches that need to be pressed at the same time (Obelisks)

a lot of fun and sort of like quests for DST...

1 hour ago, Tainted-Petals said:

Honestly I just want an Adventure mode where you meet Charlie, get sick skinz and play as Charlie and rub it in peoples faces for a whole 24 hours til people use hacks to get her IDEC how it's implemented, but that's just me.

FTFY

2 things

advanture mode should be Competitive Mode based, not necessarily PVP (I wouldn't mind though) but there needs to be some "winner" like mechanic. To get the "all alone" vibes somewhat in

Voting sould be weighed by participation or skill in Adventure mode. Like 1 hp wes speedrun guy v. Afk "wheres bace" leech. And measured by how many "things" that person placed on the wooden thing.

5 hours ago, Tainted-Petals said:

Honestly I just want an Adventure mode where you meet Charlie, IDEC how it's implemented, but that's just me.

Inb4, you have to to pick all the roses on the map in a correct order and she'll spawn in front of you like how Maxwell did in single player to relay dialogue reprimanding you for cutting her roses down and spawning 4 giants in front of you.

Or even not being able to build a base by Spring and saying:

klei_jan - do you even base bro.pngpeter_a_klei - weak.png

And then we could all end up sitting together on the Nightmare Couch!  :D  Heh.

DEFINITELY not just competitive mode.  I play cooperative and cooperative only, so that would cut me out entirely.  Considering that normal Adventure Mode is bad enough, one balanced for multiple players would have to be BRUTAL...this could be interesting. But fun.  Having more than one set of hands around to do things, wield weapons, sneak, get supplies, etc. would help _so much_.

Not sure how the rating system based on skill would work...and what if one person just happens to always be the one actually putting the things on the thing (I'm so specific!) while the others ARE also doing a lot of work?

I think a simple way to decide this would be:  Whoever happens to still be ALIVE at the end of Adventure Together, gets the cut scene, unlocks Charlie, etc.  If you die in Adventure Mode you die in real life wake up back in the "normal" Together world.  Not sure how the time difference would be solved--several days might pass in the normal game while the surviving Adventurers are still at it. 

And, of course, the world would have to be sharded again--but NOT into all five Adventure chapters at once.  Everybody is on the same chapter together (unless dead).  You can't go through the Teleportato until everybody's there.  This way, the game only has to ever run ONE chapter world at once, in addition to the "normal" one and any caves there might be.

It ain't perfect I know, but it's a _start_ of an idea.  (shrug)

...Notorious

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

And then we could all end up sitting together on the Nightmare Couch!  :D  Heh.

DEFINITELY not just competitive mode.  I play cooperative and cooperative only, so that would cut me out entirely.  Considering that normal Adventure Mode is bad enough, one balanced for multiple players would have to be BRUTAL...this could be interesting. But fun.  Having more than one set of hands around to do things, wield weapons, sneak, get supplies, etc. would help _so much_.

Not sure how the rating system based on skill would work...and what if one person just happens to always be the one actually putting the things on the thing (I'm so specific!) while the others ARE also doing a lot of work?

I think a simple way to decide this would be:  Whoever happens to still be ALIVE at the end of Adventure Together, gets the cut scene, unlocks Charlie, etc.  If you die in Adventure Mode you die in real life wake up back in the "normal" Together world.  Not sure how the time difference would be solved--several days might pass in the normal game while the surviving Adventurers are still at it. 

And, of course, the world would have to be sharded again--but NOT into all five Adventure chapters at once.  Everybody is on the same chapter together (unless dead).  You can't go through the Teleportato until everybody's there.  This way, the game only has to ever run ONE chapter world at once, in addition to the "normal" one and any caves there might be.

It ain't perfect I know, but it's a _start_ of an idea.  (shrug)

...Notorious

I think this sounds like a pretty good idea.

Just a thought: Wouldn't the adventure mode have to be scaled depending on the number of players? Otherwise it could be too easy or too hard, unless Klei finds a way that fits any number of players.

23 minutes ago, Tainted-Petals said:

Could it be possible to have it register the number of players and alter the worlds resources? More players less resources?

I like that idea. Basically, with more working hands, the level is more rushed because less time is needed to complete the level, although that would require a lot of cooperation and teamwork with everybody having their share in work to complete the world.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:21 PM, QooQoo said:

How about everybody currently needing to agree to regenerate the world? And their inventory going along with them? This could be implemented in place of regenerating the world through clicking some buttons when pressing Tab ;)

23 hours ago, Bebbit said:

I can understand that in singleplayer, but DST is literally the opposite of that. The whole thing is that you're not all alone.

I know i already took the Loss 

but ill just explain myself Xirmix Mode Activated at least i know when i lose

so u never felt lonely in the real world with so many people in the world? When not working as a team, they're just another mob that is an obstacle or could be taken advantage of to survive in the survival world. Basically survival of the fittest

And lets not forget that loniness links to the survival genre so its always relevant to the conversation. Adventure mode is supposed to be the extreme version of the don't strave survival world.

On August 25, 2016 at 5:32 PM, mathem99 said:

Harsh reality innovative people like me dont go to forums because its the biggest boat that wins, your most likely to get your way if you don't show up at all.

that also means that the voting poll is biased too (people who like the idea most likely to show up) to the don't starve community, dont think actually 65% of people like adventure mode in dst

I'd like more of an adventure, but I feel like it'd be better if it were worked into the main game, than if it were separate like in the original DS. Not to say that it couldn't use world shards, but the original adventure mode seemed really separated from the game itself. You left your world and progress behind, and basically started a brand new game with new rules.
It'd be nice if DST's version were more streamlined/made better use of the skills the game teaches you. Maybe the caves could be expanded, and we could get some sort of real endgame series of events and challenges?
It could be a good way to work in world regeneration, too, and give groups something tangible to work toward besides, like, walls. There'd need to be some real reasons to want to reset a world for experienced players, given that DST has more readily available renewability, but I feel like there's great potential.

Well, in general it'd be hard to implement, but I think doing it SOMEhow, someday, way in the future, _would_ be really cool!  It's like, the one major part of normal Don't Starve that Together doesn't have yet, so of _course_ people are gonna think of it. 

Also, if you don't like it...don't play it.  Its very _existence_ isn't going to hurt you, "innovative person" (who can't even be bothered to capitalise and punctuate correctly).  Just ignore that part of the game!  It'll be years and years before even the tiniest HINT of it shows up, if at all, anyway.

The rest of us are having fun speculating and making up details of something that will probably never happen anyway...what's the harm in that?

...Notorious

8 hours ago, Begeesy said:

that also means that the voting poll is biased too (people who like the idea most likely to show up) to the don't starve community, dont think actually 65% of people like adventure mode in dst

I'm pretty sure somewhat of the 65% of the people DON'T want Competitive Mode.

Archived