[Game Update] - 181331

• Developer
  • Fixed some performance issues caused by Farms.
  • Fixed some animation bugs with Twiggy Trees.
  • Fixed bug where Players may enter an invalid state when attempting to open a gift while mounted.
  • Fixed rare crashes when loading in and out of games due to delayed network responses.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when leaving the Server Actions window open.
  • Vote buttons are now disabled when the minimum Player count requirements are not met.
  • Keyboard action button (spacebar) will no longer auto-target deployed Tooth Traps and Bee Mines for picking up.

View full update

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, V2C said:

Fixed bug where Players may enter an invalid state when attempting to open a gift while mounted.

Question will riding a mounted beefalo while opening a gift increase my chances of getting a beefalo backpack? :D 

Edited by GiddyGuy

9 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Keyboard action button (spacebar) will no longer auto-target deployed Tooth Traps and Bee Mines for picking up.

Nice.

Also farm fixes. Didn't we only have that thread this week? You guys work fast. 

Edited by CaptainFun

45 minutes ago, V2C said:

Keyboard action button (spacebar) will no longer auto-target deployed Tooth Traps and Bee Mines for picking up.

:wilson_ecstatic:

@V2C @PeterA Looks like the recent change to the skinner component is causing a stack overflow between two of the functions: http://pastebin.com/sLtzQkDk

(context: was watching a streamer play with a modded character, who I think has no skin data, restarted the game with the update, and now the servers are crashing with that when they try to start them up)

Also, @KrisRF Woodie's string should be "I'd", right?

ANNOUNCE_NOMOUNTEDGIFT = "I rather open that with my feet on the ground.",

The new FIRESTARTER strings look fun :D. "Robot trying to kill fleshypeople again, maybe?"

Edited by rezecib
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, rezecib said:

:wilson_ecstatic:

@V2C @PeterA Looks like the recent change to the skinner component is causing a stack overflow between two of the functions: http://pastebin.com/sLtzQkDk

(context: was watching a streamer play with a modded character, who I think has no skin data, restarted the game with the update, and now the servers are crashing with that when they try to start them up)

I just tried logging in and my game won't even start up. I get the "stack overflow Lua error" messages, and my game closes or return to the main menu. My only saved server had the Crash Bandicoot skin mod - YcH1tQ4.png?1

8 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Turn off SmartCrockPot my dood, it's been known to be pretty crash inducing.

Good catch. I had no idea that mod was still even on. Unfortunately I still get the same error window. 

• Developer
2 hours ago, rezecib said:

Also, @KrisRF Woodie's string should be "I'd", right?

ANNOUNCE_NOMOUNTEDGIFT = "I rather open that with my feet on the ground.",

The new FIRESTARTER strings look fun :D. "Robot trying to kill fleshypeople again, maybe?"

Oh! This is for the announce, not the FIRESTARTER quotes!
Thanks Rez, will definitely fix first thing tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teen1dol said:

I just tried logging in and my game won't even start up. I get the "stack overflow Lua error" messages, and my game closes or return to the main menu. My only saved server had the Crash Bandicoot skin mod - YcH1tQ4.png?1

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

Thanks for the report guys, we'll have a hotfix out for that mod character crash issue asap!

Nothing wrong with the game code! Mod characters just need to make a [charactername]_none.lua file and add it to the prefab table in the modmain. ;)

• Like 1

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Fidooop said:

Nothing wrong with the game code! Mod characters just need to make a [charactername]_none.lua file and add it to the prefab table in the modmain.

Yeah, this is the part that my testing failed to check. Some mod characters didn't have a _none.lua.

Either way we're sorting out a fix for it right now.

• Like 1