20170315-Mermhouse at the beach.png

Finished version of the Mermhouse painting. Would've got this done sooner if the gallery was open later on saturday but oh well. Had a fun day today finishing this and will be posting this in the local gallery for another gallery event. Will be doing another painting soon for a beer event(not Don't Starve related, so that'll be in my other thread. Relieved I got this done.

SAM_2284.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

20170315-Mermhouse at the beach.png

Finished version of the Mermhouse painting. Would've got this done sooner if the gallery was open later on saturday but oh well. Had a fun day today finishing this and will be posting this in the local gallery for another gallery event. Will be doing another painting soon for a beer event(not Don't Starve related, so that'll be in my other thread. Relieved I got this done.

SAM_2284.JPG

Great use of color! It's a beautiful painting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ambarina said:

Great use of color! It's a beautiful painting. 

My buddy Andrea wanted a beach setting for the background and it came out great. Was kind of shocked how I unintentionally added clouds to my piece. Little frustrated with how I shaded the clam but I'll learn in the future. Haven't painted in a decade, so I'm glad I haven't lost my touch.

Just now, minespatch said:

SAM_2286.JPG

Here's my take. I'll post the inked and full version on my thread after I add something. This was a fun tutorial.

Like I mentioned, I'm going to add something to my drawing but I thought I'd post it here too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mewthemew said:

Can't wait to see that :3

Finished my pencils last night and will ink it today. Speaking of today, I spent all day on a beer themed painting. IT'll be in my other thread in a few hours. Tired from the long walk to all the breweries today just to find the person in charge of the art event. ariel crashes.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Finished my pencils last night and will ink it today. Speaking of today, I spent all day on a beer themed painting. IT'll be in my other thread in a few hours. Tired from the long walk to all the breweries today just to find the person in charge of the art event. ariel crashes.png

sounds harsh ^^"

• Like 1

On 3/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, minespatch said:

skeledork's first gallery.png

So this week was my first art gallery. I'm really proud to finally sell my work among other artists. Though as you can see in my drain expression, I was really tired but awake at the event. Only had two hours of sleep due to the animation taking a while. I had two other pieces here, but the starver's stretching portrait piece was given a corner on its own and got a lot of attention. Fun day. Earlier that day I was starting the merm house painting.

Is that the Barton art gallery?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 6:44 PM, mewthemew said:

sounds harsh ^^"

Not really. I needed the walk and got to meet the curator for the new exhibit tomorrow as well as meet the local brewery people. So a pretty eventful day. Just as much as this one.

Also, here's the paintings side by side:

SAM_2289.JPG

4 minutes ago, Destros09 said:

Is that the Barton art gallery?

Nope, the Wilson arts council building third floor. It's where I got to my monthly meetings.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

:o is that a wildbore hut?! that's not a thing you see fan art of everyday.

I drew the hut in this piece:

hunchbeast community redevelopment.png

She saw the mermhouse in this piece and wanted me to do a painting of it. My first painting in a decade. I was honored by her giving me a canvas to paint on. She did the same for my beer piece. If these pieces get money, I'll purchase a new canvas in case I have to do another painting.

2 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

@Donke60 i feel stupid. ^^"

cheering up Mewthemew.pngNow c'mon, don't be that way. You didn't know.

• Like 5

On 3/17/2017 at 1:30 AM, minespatch said:

SAM_2286.JPGHere's my take. I'll post the inked and full version on my thread after I add something. This was a fun tutorial.

On 3/17/2017 at 1:31 AM, minespatch said:

Like I mentioned, I'm going to add something to my drawing but I thought I'd post it here too.

bob ross does his take on wilson.png

"And we're going to draw a happy berrybush right there. Now that's a haaaappy bush."

I just felt like adding Bob Ross to my piece after I finished the pencils. Didn't want to spoil the surprise until now, hence why I was quiet. Due to the piece being inspired by a tutorial stream, Bob Ross just came to mind.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:03 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

DS 23.jpg

Melinda Wickerbottom's family. Can finally post this since they appeared in the recent chapter of Dark Knowledge. (Cookies to those who got the refs I planted in the names.)

20170323p3 - Jules and Veronica photo.png

Finished this one today. I wanted to give a old fashioned photo touch to the parents. I think I did okay emulating it but yeah. It was a fun challenge. :wilson_smile:

On 1/19/2017 at 5:48 PM, mochilo said:

20170119223141_1.jpg

Yasss!! I was just two days away from finishing the domestication!! You guys helped this guy to have his first beefalo ever, I'm sooo happy!!

wes worked his way to treasures.png

This was slightly more of a challenge due to all the balloons and straight forward perspective instead of the birds eye perspective. There was just something fun about Mochilo's screencap and all the effort he put into his base. This is also my second domesticated beefalo piece. Wes also deserved a relaxed pic for once.

On 1/19/2017 at 11:52 PM, rubidiumsart said:

peepe.png"okay you can keep him"

Spider steals a cigar.png

I couldn't resist. The spider looked so high, all it missed was a cigar stolen from MAxwell. :wilson_ecstatic: I guess "Havana" is my headcanon for MAxwell's petname for his cigar.

On 1/20/2017 at 10:53 PM, 50shades-of-blue said:

mylove.pngAfter a week of me being a dumbhead, I finallly drew this

charlies gobbler festivities.png

Way late but worth the draw. Felt like doing a classy Charlie piece with shades-of-blue inspiring it. For some reason Charlie looks nice with a parasol. Thought the scroll with a lucky beast would be festive as well.

willow creates a pleated shirt.png

Felt like a Willow piece, so here you go. It's hard making her look sneaky with those eyes.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 3/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Still looks really cute. To avoid the same species being used for two creatures, you could change the bullmouse into a bullrat? :p

On 3/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, minespatch said:
  1. Hm... Rat and beetle? I wonder what a portmanteu animal name that would be and which creatures in Don't Starve would fit as a base?
On 3/12/2017 at 6:28 PM, Donke60 said:

for me it would be beetle 
be a reetle
a horrific beauty in the world 
'smiles"

On 3/12/2017 at 6:36 PM, Donke60 said:

IDK
if Kiel really has any bug monster
besides monsquito's
the antilion I think is the closest your going to get
I imagine the Reetle centipede like anyway
the more I think about it the more graphic the creature becomes

I'm going to stop thinking about it before I scar myself with night terrors

chasing reetles.png

Finally came up with a design. I used a kangaroo beetle for the leg design but I hope they work. I kind of imagine that the player would hunt them similar to butterflies and rabbits.

On 3/2/2017 at 5:08 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

summer.png

It's not terrible, but I kept messing up the shape of his hair so much on the second panel I was like "Aah, forget it, I'll come back to this later!"  And then kinda never did...

(The original isn't fuzzy-looking like that, in case you were wondering.  That's an artifact from shrinking it.  Also, this obviously isn't the final line-art, as the berry bush doesn't even have berries yet!  And oh, yeah...it's only Day 26 because spring start.  Hee.)Anyway scribbly pictures YAY.

wilson underestimating summer.png

This took me two weeks to finish just due to other things happening at the time(like the webcomic) but relieved that it's finished. IT's fun to show Wilson's smug time. Though this piece gave me my first try at the fling-o-matic, so that's a plus. :wilson_smile:

Now I got two or three more pieces based on the text/essay from my print out of her reference comment.ariel crashes.png

upset over google images organization.png

Let me just put it this way: Looking up reference images on google can be a blessing and a curse. It's why I started my DS book since that DS art book isn't going to the public anytime soon.

Also, I'M FRICKING TIRED OF SEEING THAT WOODIE FOOTFETISH PIC.ariel enraged.png

ariel stop sign.png

Thought this would come handy. I know I sometimes derail threads but if I catch myself, I should use this.

Skeledork's lack of sleep schedule.png

Drew this on the day of the gallery I was attending. That day I only had two hours of sleep. Combination of food, daze, and happiness overload caused me to finally doodle this out. They had meatballs there, so yeah. Nobody seemed to notice I was overwhelmed.

frozen ariel.png

Summary of last week. Never drawn myself frozen(TODAY) but yeah. It was a fun practice piece.

ariel happiness overload.png

Due to that feeling last week, this happened. I'm going to use this from now on whenever I'm metaphorically fainting from a Christmas-like day. Also, this reminds me of that Goodtimes Christmas Ornament movie.

charlies nightmarefule addiction.png@Quoth143

A idea I just had to draw out. It'd be fun to see Charlie showing more sillier weaknesses, so here's a nightmare fuel addictio- That's kinda sounds insensitive now that I look in hindsight.ariel sweats.pngI also had to draw this twice:charlie nightmare fuel sketch.png

bottoms doublecheck.png

Another one off my to-do list. Since Starchbottom(7D) and Wickerbottom both share Bottom as a part of their name, So yeah, that's the point of the piece. :wilson_ecstatic: Nothing shippy, they're just checking each other's work like they're students crosschecking homework.

1182.png

Rescan for Deviantart. I'll be putting this in my portfolio after it's on DA but yeah.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Charlie no! (Made me laugh though)

Bobbie needs to boop Charlie's snoot with a paperdoop.

1 minute ago, Aileen-Rose said:

>w< EEEE! I was not expecting fanart for Jules and Veronica. They look amazing! Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much!

I wanted to do a piece on them. I finally had time and the right inspiration after looking at their bust forms. Though looking for a reference image of Puck, a lot of the vintage photos I looked for reference were tempting but I found a cute photo:

af5113d9e5a09692ec1d8c0fb91ec848.jpg

• Like 4

Wes also deserved a relaxed pic for once.

What do you mean?

I'M FRICKING TIRED OF SEEING THAT WOODIE FOOTFETISH PIC.

I haven't seen it though usally I look for fan art for specific characters
I wanna see but I feel like I'll regret it

Well looks like you've been busy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:
  1. What do you mean?
  2. I haven't seen it though usally I look for fan art for specific characters I wanna see but I feel like I'll regret it
  3. Well looks like you've been busy
  1. I usually draw Wes being frightened or overwhelmed.
  2. It's the usual footfetish type art.Highly detailed feet while Woodie glances at the viewer with embarrassment. :wilson_cry:
  3. Story of my life. Also, I'll be posting art in my other two threads, just doing something at the moment while multitasking.
  • Like 1

Haha! That's pretty much what I had in mind for the summer piece, yeah.  "DO YOUR WORST, NATURE!"  (Nature does its worst.)  "OH CRAP I DIDN'T _MEAN_ IT!!"

And yeah, I think all of us have had the occasional base burn down due to a perfectly nice, functioning, fueled-up fling...that...wasn't turned on.  Whoops.

Oh, and if we're doing characters with "bottom" in their name...(Arlesienne will like this)  Cheri Littlebottom! From Discworld!  :D  (Here's my own interpretation of her, from way back.  Woot.  She's also kind of the police department's forensics person (as such even exists on the Disc) so...better-read than average and even--dare I say it?--a bit sciencey.  :)

Also love the fainting from happiness, you only had two hours of sleep again?! and Charlie--or her shadow side, anyway--needing her fiiixx!  Of course, now that we know more about where nightmare fuel actually comes from, that's even _creepier_...

I need to do a decent picture of Charlie, dangit.  Haven't, yet.  Not entirely happy with my Sim of her, either--although if I feel like booting up Sims 3 I'll go in there and take screenshots of all the Don't Starve people I can.  Heh.  Some turned out better than others...

Edit:  I LOVE THAT PHOTO!  I want a fluffy thing for _my_ kitty to lay down on too...  That thing is just like, the ultimate cat-seat.  Warm, semi on-your-lap and keeps you from being able to move your arms properly as long as the cat is on you. Perfect!

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. Oh, and if we're doing characters with "bottom" in their name...(Arlesienne will like this)  Cheri Littlebottom! From Discworld!  :D  (Here's my own interpretation of her, from way back.  Woot.  She's also kind of the police department's forensics person (as such even exists on the Disc) so...better-read than average and even--dare I say it?--a bit sciencey.  :)
  2. you only had two hours of sleep again?!
  3. I need to do a decent picture of Charlie, dangit.  Haven't, yet.  Not entirely happy with my Sim of her, either--although if I feel like booting up Sims 3 I'll go in there and take screenshots of all the Don't Starve people I can.  Heh.  Some turned out better than others..
  1. Maybe you should try it in the future on your thread. Put it on a to-do list. :wilson_smile:
  2. Yup. I get like two to fours of sleep depending which day I'm not pulling all nighters on story editing, webcomic art, and other things. Barely get time to myself during the day, so yeah.
  3. That might be stuff you could fill your thread with as well.

Actually I've been considering that already.  I mean, I didn't draw it from scratch/program the 3D models, etc...but I lovingly slaved over each one for a long time before I considered their features, colouring, etc. right and also searched the 'net for clothes and hairdos that looked even remotely appropriate.  Sometimes LONG, far-and-wide, searches.  Man, how long it took me to find a decent Valkyrie helmet for Wigfrid...!

So...it's something I definitely put _effort_ into, is what I mean.  And besides, where ELSE would I show Don't Starve Sims but on a Don't Starve messageboard?  : P

(Weirdly enough, if you've clicked on my Steam profile, you've already kinda sorta seen one of these screenshots--it's a cropped-down-and-shrunk version of Sim-Wilson!  :)  Working (and grumpily failing) at his inventor's station.  INVENTOR'S.  STATION.  My _god_ Sims 3 is the perfect one to do this crossover with...)

...Notorious

• Like 1