Wilson's pitchfork examination quote

5 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

He still says "Maxwell might be looking for this".

I thought all Maxwell mains carried a pitchfork with them?

6 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

How about "Maxwell's girlfriend might be looking for this" instead?

Not to be nit-picky but, how would Wilson know Charlie was his girlfriend?

He could've said "This creepy smiling woman came out of the black veil of darkness that surrounded me, and as she peered at me I notice she was giving me a creepy smile, and even tho she was a bit weird at least I wouldn't been alone, but then she freed me, and after which she striked me, then I awoke back here."

10 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

(or you can take the original quote literally and give a pitchfork to every Maxwell player you see)

Thank you for giving me another reason to waste my abundance of flint on.

6 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I thought all Maxwell mains carried a pitchfork with them?

Not to be nit-picky but, how would Wilson know Charlie was his girlfriend?

He could've said "This creepy smiling woman came out of the black veil of darkness that surrounded me, and as she peered at me I notice she was giving me a creepy smile, and even tho she was a bit weird at least I wouldn't been alone, but then she freed me, and after which she striked me, then I awoke back here."

Thank you for giving me another reason to waste my abundance of flint on.

Well, Wilson DID know Maxwell's name despite no introduction from him other than "Say pal...".

It could be assumed Maxwell told Wilson who the woman was, or when she was looking at everyone from the sky after she wrecked their portal. Wilson probably wouldn't need to know the kind of relationship they had, it could just be a joke to mock Maxwell.

Either way, Maxwell isn't the demon anymore so the original pitchfork joke doesn't make sense anymore.

2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

or when she was looking at everyone from the sky

I thought it was just showing her presence?

2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

after she wrecked their portal.

She shaped it into her own design not wrecked it.

13 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It could be assumed Maxwell told Wilson who the woman was, or when she was looking at everyone from the sky after she wrecked their portal. Wilson probably wouldn't need to know the kind of relationship they had, it could just be a joke to mock Maxwell.

Okay that makes much more sense, sorry for auguring with you on that "how would Wilson know her name if they never spoke to each other" I guess Maxwell could've told him her name but until the devs see this and go "hmm maybe we should change that to better fit the lore" we'll just have to wait and see!...Also you play Wilson or just remember him saying that? :D

14 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Okay that makes much more sense, sorry for auguring with you on that "how would Wilson know her name if they never spoke to each other" I guess Maxwell could've told him her name but until the devs see this and go "hmm maybe we should change that to better fit the lore" we'll just have to wait and see!...Also you play Wilson or just remember him saying that? :D

I do play as characters other than Max :3

18 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

how would Wilson know Charlie was his girlfriend?

First of all, she was (primarly) Maxwell's assistant.

There's not a lot of evidence, but the fact that Charlie and Wilson were happy to see each other suggests they know each other already. Couple that with their similiar appearance (especially the hair) and you got yourself a vague theory stating that Wilson and Charlie are related.

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

There's not a lot of evidence, but the fact that Charlie and Wilson were happy to see each other suggests they know each other already.

Or maybe if you got trapped in a darkness dimension stuck to a black plastic throne that wouldn't let you go for the rest of eternity then you would be happy to see anything that resembles a person.

7 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

Or maybe if you got trapped in a darkness dimension stuck to a black plastic throne that wouldn't let you go for the rest of eternity then you would be happy to see anything that resembles a person.

And if you're a bipolar angmaled magician assistant, you are over-the-top happy to see some random person stuck to a chair, clearly in pain?

I pointed this out on another thread: Charlie is the only person who doesn't react with sadness, anger, disgust or confusion. Happiness is not an expectable reaction.

EDIT: For reference:

I do not agree with the point you made below. If she was smiling because of insanity, then why would she become sane after attacking Wilson? No, it's not about her sanity, she was sincerely happy upon meeting Wilson, and confused after he left the throne room.

She obviously knows about the throne's meaning. She was happy to see Wilson on it, and happily set him free. Then her shadow took over and removed Wilson. For a moment, she was sad and confused. These are my observations to justify my theory.

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

There's not a lot of evidence, but the fact that Charlie and Wilson were happy to see each other suggests they know each other already. Couple that with their similiar appearance (especially the hair) and you got yourself a vague theory stating that Wilson and Charlie are related.

I doubt that. Wilson lived isolated on a mountain in New England, pretty much the other side of the US compared to Maxwell and Charlie's show. (Unless Wilson got his hands on L.A newspapers or heard about the shows on the radio.)

Wilson was stuck on that throne alone and it kept him in place with force. Now suddenly there's a smiling woman that seems rather happy "to help" so why wouldn't Wilson respond with a smile? After all, he didn't know he'd get zapped to unconsciousness :p

9 minutes ago, Miss said:

I doubt that. Wilson lived isolated on a mountain in New England, pretty much the other side of the US compared to Maxwell and Charlie's show. (Unless Wilson got his hands on L.A newspapers or heard about the shows on the radio.)

Wilson was stuck on that throne alone and it kept him in place with force. Now suddenly there's a smiling woman that seems rather happy "to help" so why wouldn't Wilson respond with a smile? After all, he didn't know he'd get zapped to unconsciousness :p

Wilson was disowned from his family, he became a recluse........ Perhaps Charlie was his aunt and they were close before she "passed" Wilson is 30ish so they probably met. ALTHOUGH he probably would be stoked if anyone found him.

Headcanons, headcanons, headcanons abound!

We know Charlie was Maxwell's assistant hired through a newspaper. She evidently cared for him, vice-versa too, but nobody knows if they were "an item", friends or just Charlie "Hey, you gave me a good job despite my gender!" (early twenties, after all) and Maxwell "Fame is nice, but apart from you and Jack, I am alone".

There is no evidence for any PC knowing the Grue is Charlie, let alone knowing the relationship between her and Maxwell.

I would avoid excessive shipping, for one, and keep in mind the similarities can be the effect of the style Klei artists use. If we were to believe all PCs with some physical similarities to be related, Wilson, Willow, Wickerbottom, Wolfgang and Wes would be all family.

My concept of Charlie is different. She suffers from a split of personalities (nice!Charlie and dark!Charlie). They fight all the time. Neither wants the PC dead though for whatever reason (I have concepts, but don't want to go off-topic).

The pitchfork is a clear symbol of the devil, so seeing that Maxwell's actions are not erased, I can see it as still viable a comment from any transient.

17 hours ago, Miss said:

Wilson was stuck on that throne alone and it kept him in place with force. Now suddenly there's a smiling woman that seems rather happy "to help" so why wouldn't Wilson respond with a smile?

Why would Charlie smile to begin with, though? I made an entire post about this question above already.

I get your point though. Even if they don't know each other, Wilson would still be desperate enough to appreciate smiling (probably insane) strangers, entirely ignoring all of the things Maxwell said. The only thing ruled out here is that they would know and hate each other.

17 hours ago, Miss said:

This ^

Then again, hasn't Wilson figured out that things in this world are trying to kill him? Then again, the throne room itself should seem more "safe" than other places... seeing a... *trails off because forgetting point* O__O

Wilson or any PC was devastated. Logic was entitled to take a sick leave. Any action of the Nightmare Throne's prisoner can be explained with this. Tell me if it is a fallacy on my side.

I will ask all gentlemen out there: if you were insane, what would you rather see as a hallucination - a terrorbeak or a smiling prettyface?

Sorry. I could not resist.

On 2 May 2016 at 6:30 PM, Mobbstar said:

OBJECTION!

You remember how Maxwell lamented about years upon years of beijg trapped on the throne, yes? Well, here comes along Charlie, and he thinks, 'Hey! What if they are going to free me?'

There does not necessarily have to be a relationship between them for it to make sense.

8 hours ago, WildWesternWilson said:

OBJECTION! There does not necessarily have to be a relationship between them for it to make sense.

HOLD IT! Your statement covers why Wilson may have smiled at Charlie, something that has been described several times already, but it does not cover why Charlie smiles at Wilson.

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

HOLD IT! Your statement covers why Wilson may have smiled at Charlie, something that has been described several times already, but it does not cover why Charlie smiles at Wilson.

Ah, but you see, she had an ulterior motive --- at least, from the looks of it. Who claimed the throne? In fact, this time, unlike in Adventure Mode, it looked... Like she was a willing usurper queen. 

But hey, that's just my take.

Archived