Can’t connect to Klei's servers anymore

I do understand that they are a small studio but that is not really an excuse for a total outtage.

DST is useless in offline mode, not even lan is working! DST generates parts of their revenue so one would expect they have monitoring systems and/or failover servers.

Imagine steam would have a full outtage over 4 hours or so...

We have monitoring in place to tell us when something breaks. I am looking into what's going on right now. 

EDIT:

Ok. @nome is on it. Apparently our database vendor is having difficulty: https://twitter.com/cloudantstatus

For now, we are prioritizing moving to another database vendor. 

Watch the link above for more info. I will update it when I have more as well. 

EDIT 2 - 

@nome Figured out a workaround because he is some sort of wizard. - So we are back. 

We apologize to you all for the inconvenience

6 minutes ago, Twizzie said:

They are in Vancouver - Canada. It's 7 am there, so they've probably been asleep for the last 7 hours. ;)

Wow, well they need to wake up! (totally understandable considering the time though) xD

3 hours ago, Maslak said:

Damn, same here.

It appears that some dev with smiley face turned all this potatoes into potato cups.

EDIT:
What if they are implementing some cool stuff like Shipwrecked Endothermic Fire Pit? Golly!

@hidsor, I feel unnoticed! :C

Just now, tuddygubb said:

Wow, well they need to wake up! (totally understandable considering the time though) xD

Well, someone from the Klei-team just posted here.

And the servers seem to be working again anyway! ^^

Praise the Almighty JoeWhoot And Godly Gnome.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We have monitoring in place to tell us when something breaks. I am looking into what's going on right now. 

EDIT:

Ok. @nome is on it. Apparently our database vendor is having difficulty: https://twitter.com/cloudantstatus

12 minutes ago, JoeW said:

EDIT:

EDIT 2 - 

@nome Figured out a workaround because he is some sort of wizard. - So we are back. 

We apologize to you all for the inconvenience

What @nome figured out is that you can still get electricity out of potato cups, even if they are less potato-ish.

Archived