The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

(Sorry that I haven't checked on the forums, this weekend I was playing or Don't Starve or I was socializing with friends)

''Yeah... I was just about to ask you what that huge egg was. Did you manage to find this down here? If you did think about all the things that could be lying here! We could be standing on hundreds of gold pieces! Not that that matters in this world. Currency probably doesn't exist. Sorry I went off topic, it happens really often.'' He gives an awkward smile.

Ysulyan noticed there was a new member in the group and thusly, he glanced at him for a moment, not before observing that egg, though. But first things first, who was this new person? "Greetings, human." He said, and then hummed. "You must be the one that has been yelling, pleased to meet you. And I am equally intrigued about the egg, half-sister. What is that you have found?"

"Ooo! Your right Lucas, back in my place people would pay a lot for something exotic. Mostly to eat though. But hey if they pay was good right? And it's funny when they don't even realize that it wasn't exotic since they have no clue what goes on outside of their place," Qwin said as she shook her head laughing. "Oh but I mean I wouldn't try to sell or eat this of course!" she added holding up her hands in defense.   

Edited by Mezukie

''Hello, I'm Lucas. And yes, I was yelling desperately back there.'' He laughed and looked at Mortium ''I'd love to get fabric, but where is it? I need to repay you guys for saving my life, if you guys don't want me to leave.''

Edited by sirscrubbingtont

Mortimus clicked his staff, and the blade swung out. Carefully laying the jacket on the ground, he made two horisontal swings, cuttin off lengs from the bottom. "Crop top now, enjoy!" He sheathed the blade, picked the material up, and carefully wrapped it around his hands. "Problem with being a Death Priest, is that the more you use Shadow, the worse the effects get. I've used it so much that my touch is actually harmful"

''Shouldn't we just find something to cut it with next time instead of doing it yourself, you might actually get really hurt next time. Anyway, is there anything I can do? I'm feeling so useless and I'd like to explore this cave.

Qwin picked up her new crop top and shrugged it back on looking around the cave as she did so. "So about that base, we should probably try to find something to burn even if it's just twigs so we can have a fire. Anyway I'm sure the egg needs warmth and it's better then all of us taking turned trying to sit on it," she said chuckling at the thought. She turned and headed off in a random direction to look for anything that could be use for a fire.

• Like 1

''Ooh chopping with one hand, I love that. I'll just go exploring for twigs or some witchcraft I dunno. You guys will see me back in a couple of hours. And I won't mind if someone would join me on my journey.'' He said, smiling.

(I need to go back a little bit...)

As everyone asked about the egg, Dragon Mage replied with "I just found it lying there. The reason I snuck out was because I heard something in the darkness so I went to investigate. As I was beginning to thing that there was nothing out there, except for the shadow we encountered earlier, I began to make my way back. But then I saw a slight glow in the distance and that's where I found this egg. It feels kinda warm and very... alive." A thought crossed over her. "Wait... what if I stole this egg? This doesn't belong to me. It may already have a parent." Feeling bad, she considered going back but the possibility of having a new mythical pet stopped her.

(Now back to the current task)

As everyone began to tend to there tasks, Dragon Mage shouted out "What should I do?" She hated feeling useless. Maybe she should cut down that "tree" they saw earlier. She glanced over at its silhouette.

Qwin picked what she could find. Some grass, a few twigs, and a rock. Well this wasn't going to great but it was better than nothing. Anyway she didn't know how long the sun would shine through the ceiling so they needed something. She stared at the small amount of resources in her hand and sighed. Why could there be more down here? She picked what she could but stopped as she noticed how far away from the group she was. If she kept going she might find something but.... She looked down. No she couldn't be alone and she knew it. With this she started to go back to the group with what little she found.

Dragon Mage was also able to find some grass and sticks. She picked up a few pieces of flint from the earth quake earlier and made an axe. Any remaining flint she kept in her pockets. She walked over to the tree shape and set the egg down. Then began to swing the axe. Despite what she said earlier, she had no problem cutting down some thing that merely looked like a tree in the gloomy surroundings.

Mortimus sat down on a rock, and began to slowly chant. As he did this, his entire body seemed to grow slightly darker, and then the darkness moved outwards slowly, into the gloom that surrounded them. When he was done, he opened his eyes and stood up. He took off the wrapping from his hand, and placed them in his pocket, before saying "I can't do that too often. but it allows me do get rid of my built-up-Shadow. It makes me weaker, but controls the damage my hands can do."

Dragon Mage just finished cutting down the tree. I guess it was just a normal tree afterall she thought, nothing to worry about. She gathered up the loot dropped by the fallen tree. Just then, she felt a chill go up her spine. It made her tense up. She turned around but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. She was about to shrug it off when something occurred to her... Something she wish was long forgotten...

''Mortimus, can I ask what you're doing?'' Lucas stepped out of the darkness with a hand full of twigs and flint. ''Anyways, Here is some flint and twigs, if you want to cut some trees. I'll just go on collecting saplings so I can put it close to our base.''  

"Hey guys" Dragon Mage came in, cradling the egg in her arms and just managing to carry the logs with her tail. "Just got some logs for a fire. Where should I put them?" Then her tail gave out, dropping the logs at her feet. "Uh... guess I'll just leave them here for now" she laughed nervously.

Before Qwin got to the group something glowing caught her eye. It wasn't the bulb they had before. It was a plant that had a small stem leading up to a blue berry that glowed . She looked at what little she found then back to this new thing. Maybe she should take that back too.

"Dammit Lucas, are you deaf or something? I explained what I was doing..." He flicked his hood up. "I need to look for that Hummingbird, if he's dead, I need to free his soul, if not, I can get supplies." With that, he left, into the darkness.

Qwin decided against this since she didn't even know what it was and continue to the group. She'd mention it to them and if they wanted  she'd lead them back to it but first priority was that fire. As she walked up to the group she took out what little she found. "I couldn't find much but I did see this weird glowing blue thing back there," She pointed back in the direction she came from. 

3 hours ago, Dannyrulx said:

With that, he left, into the darkness.

Bold... quite bold... eyes flickered in the darkness... all of them waiting... waiting for the foolish one to be in complete darkness...

More... a whooshing sound came... a loud shriek from the darkness... it was getting closer...