Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Ok! I'll join (I have free time these days)

Spoiler

Name: Jaw

Race: Sea Hound

History: Totally only an evolved Sharx. That's all there is to say!

Personality: A shark, has animal instincts but is not prone to violence. Doesn't see the problem with killing things to eat them. He's not too smart and can't speak properly

Appearance: 

Spoiler

Jaw HD.png

Strengths:

•Bites hard

•Slighly faster and stronger but gets hungry faster

•Likes to swim

Weaknesses:

•Hunger makes him loose his mind

•Fish brain (less max sanity)

•Has a chance of attracting Sea hounds (still hostile to him) when swimming in the sea

Edited by DwerBomb
Fixed a typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Bump I guess?

And bumped it was.

Well, we can get started. We have 5 people.

Famen woke up on the sand, his face covered by a paper. He collected the various papers scattered around him. His dog, Angelle, was bounding around him. "Angelle, where are we?" He said, looking around. The sand around him was littered with crates and broken pieces of boat. "If I get the wood, I could probably make something out of that." Famen started looking through the crates, finding 2 bottles, 2 cloth and a can labeled "Ballphin Free" Tuna. Famen put this into his pack and started venturing the island. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

• Like 1

(Oh, yay!)

Trevor woke with a particularly rude parrot insulting him. He immediately got up and scared the parrot away screaming "TAKE THIS YA DUMB BIRD!" After successfully chasing off the bird, he than began asking questions, such as how he got here. He had absaloutly no memory of the day before. It was almost as he just suddenly appeared. As he studied the island he was in he then spotted his lucky fishing rod laying in the sand. He was overjoyed! Such luck had fallen on him! But luck is heavy, and he was still on this mysterious island. He decided to take a stroll to collect basic survival resources, hoping to find any sign of an intelligent living thing.

(long post is long)

Gyxzrvmyrwqmph awoke with a gurgling gasp. While he slept drifting in a current he had used to travel around for weeks, he must've been carried by a riptide to shore. Now he lay on the sand under a merciless sun that had nearly dried him... Well, dry.

'Fngthchrtk!" he squeezed out of his eldrict lungs, desperately crawling towards the sea.

Wiffleball peeked down at the beach below its palm-tree hiding spot, checking to see if it was alone. For a first impression, being almost mauled by hounds hadn't been a very good welcome to a new world. Indeed, several hounds were still prowling around its hiding place, snarling and rubbing their pelts up against the tree's trunk. With what might've been a sigh, the plush rabbit tried to get as comfortable as it could in the palm leaves, preparing itself to wait the hounds out.

Edited by WaddleDee

(I didn't really know how to introduce Jaw but maybe you are waiting for me so...)

Jaw is walking on all fours and smelling the sand on the beach. He doesn't know how he got on this island, but it has been almost a day since that tastyparrot woke him up. And he hasn't eaten since then! Surely, he thought, there must be a prey to catch...even a small crab or something...

Ah! There it was! 

He slowly moves towards the crab, and then jumps on it to catch it! But just as he was in bite range, the crab hides in the sand, leaving Jaw's mouth empty.

"FOOD IS GONE, BELLY EMPTY"

With his stomach growling, he keeps smelling the ground and walking on the beach, until he catches the smell of hounds. Jaw then proceeded to run until the monsters show up in his sight, along with the palm tree.

Edited by DwerBomb
Changed pronouns

Trevor was pretty sure he just saw a walking shark run by. He stood still for about ten seconds and then proceeded to wash his face in the ocean. This was a terrible idea because the salt stung his eyeballs and he began screaming and wailing blindly all over the place.

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Youknowwho said:

Trevor was pretty sure he just saw a walking shark run by. He stood still for about ten seconds and then proceeded to wash his face in the ocean. This was a terrible idea because the salt stung his eyeballs and he began screaming and wailing blindly all over the place.

(loving this character so far)

(btw I am not getting notifications from following this thread. Am I the only one?)

Edited by DwerBomb

(At first, I thought I couldn't join this rp because I know pretty much know nothing about Shipwrecked 

but then today I realized that my character would know nothing about shipwrecked too! This could be the perfect opportunity to effortlessly add realism to the character!

Or I could end up stumbling around cluelessly like an idiot and everyone else has to guide me around like I'm blind. Although, I could get around that by making a blind character... Hm...

What do you guys think?)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

(At first, I thought I couldn't join this rp because I know pretty much know nothing about Shipwrecked 

but then today I realized that my character would know nothing about shipwrecked too! This could be the perfect opportunity to effortlessly add realism to the character!

Or I could end up stumbling around cluelessly like an idiot and everyone else has to guide me around like I'm blind. Although, I could get around that by making a blind character... Hm...

What do you guys think?)

(*Turns into a flower*

That's a wonderful idea!)

(The struggle of having to go all the way to the first page to copy and paste Gyxzrvmyrwqmph's name every time I mention him.)

Gyxzrvmpyrwqmph choked his lungs in relief once he was submerged in the dark ocean once more. He felt his baking scales begin to cool down and his nerves soothe. 

"Grghrw lgbt rgyfrth..."

Once he was back to normal, he receeded deeper into the ocean, and began to swim aimlessly. If any ships were around this time of year, he'd see them. 

(All for swatting a SWAT team to swat @Lord_Battal with a flyswatter.)

All of a sudden, frenzied barking filled the air around Wiffleball's palm tree, startling it to attention. What was going on outside? Chaos and confusion rang out below as it gripped the leaves tightly, frozen in fear. It seemed like an eternity before the barks died down, first as the hounds moved away from the tree, and then for good. An eerie silence followed. Was it safe to leave? It would probably be best to check first. Just in case, though, it fumbled its paws through the leaves, looking for something to protect itself with if whatever had agitated the hounds was still around. A coconut would have to do, it decided. Gripping the nut with one arm, Wiffleball hesitantly pushed away the palm leaves and peeked its orange head out into the noonday sun.

Trevor completely ignored the presence of another human and screamed "THERE'S SALTWATER IN MY EYES!" as he continued to run around blindly. As you should know, it's never a good idea to run around blindly. Trevor took the lesson to heart when he ran into a palm tree and fell backwards still screaming. 

(May or may not be the same palm tree our stuffed pal is in)

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 1

(I'm gonna assume the hounds went for Jaw)

one single hound was separated from the group. Jaw ambushes it by jumping on his back and tearing it's flesh apart. In a few moments, the Human Sea-hound had his mouth full of monster meat. It tasted bad and was not healthy, but better than starving, I guess. But as he was busy eating, the other hounds arrived. Against that group, Jaw had no choice but to run.

Edited by DwerBomb
Spell check, pronouns

(Methinks Battalion is a bit sick of all the Undertale references. Anyway, application time! I'm going to use one of my previous characters with a little tweak for this rp.

Name: Kate (her full name is Katherine, but everyone just calls her Kate, so that's what she goes by)

Race: a human female of about 8 years of age

History: I'm going to put her full story in a spoiler, so if you'd rather find out through in rp interaction all you need to know is a short time after a traumatic event, her brother, Kade, died of starvation, leaving her barely functioning both physically and mentally. Maxwell showed up and offered to get her brother back to her. You can guess what happened from there. overly traumtic and dark backstory ftw

Spoiler

Kate has always exhibited pyromantic abilities from a very young age. Fearing what might happen to her if word got around about her power, her parents instructed her and her brother, Kade, to keep it a secret. Thus she never got much practice honing her abilities nor has she realized the full extent of them.

Despite the bumps presented from Kate's unnatural ability, her and Kade's lives were going along pretty well. That was until one night while sleeping over at a neighbor's house, Kade woke in the middle of the night. He looked out the window to see the source of the light that woke him only to see his home entirely engulfed in flames. He rushed outside in a panic while his friend ran downstairs to call 911. The house collapsed as he frantically looked for any sign that his family got out. The only one he found was Kate, laying half blind on the ground just outside the burning wreckage, who only said "I-I'm sorry... I didn't... mean to..." before losing consciousness.

Terrified of what would happen to his sister during an investigation, Kade fled with Kate away from the town before the firemen arrived. When she awoke, Kate had no memory of what happened inside or why she could only see vauge shapes and colors. It wasn't easy to break the news to her. They both came to the same conclusion of what occurred, but neither of them would speak of it. 

It took a couple of cold, fireless nights with only a few scraps of food for them to decide it would be better for them to risk going back to town, but by then they were too lost to find their way back to civilization. Kate woke one morning to find her brother cold and lifeless. Unknown to her, he had decided to give her all of the few scraps of food they found as he knew it wasn't enough for both of them, and now he paid the price. She shook him and pounded on his chest as tears streamed down her cheeks; she wailed and shouted for him to get up until her throat refused to work, but she could not bring him back. Eventually all she could do was get up and stumble away, barely functioning. It wasn't long until Maxwell found her, and you know what happened from there.

Personality: Kate is very quiet. Not shy, and not sad exactly, just not talkative, even to the point of not answering direct questions. She always has a distant look about her, like she's not quite all there, and is cautious around new people at first. However, as she gets to know someone, little bits of the energetic, cheerful child she used to be will slowly start to break through. Being a young child, she is naive, a bad lier, and a bit too trusting for her own good. If she forms a bond with someone, she will protect them with her life.

Appearance: Kate is of fairly average hight for her age with short, messy dark brown hair with a reddish tint and what used to be orangey brown eyes, but now look as if they've been covered in a light gray film. She's severely emaciated, and her skin and clothes are smuged with soot, ashes, and dirt. She wears a loose, comfy shirt and pair of shorts that were obviously meant to be pajamas. A blanket just big enough to cover her is tied around her neck like a cape. She walks somewhat slowly with her arms slightly outstretched to her sides and front to keep her from bumping into things.

Strengths: Kate is a naturally gifted pyromancer. She doesn't have much mastery over this gift, and it will flare up, sometimes violently, in cases of extreme emotion or life or death situations. However, she has a lot of potential, and could become a powerful pyromancer if she learns to gain control. It's quite unfortunate she has pyrophobia.

Maxwell did keep up his end of the deal. Well, sort of. Kate now sees and hears her deceased brother. He acts as a sort of sixth sense, keeping her cautious and out of danger. He also helps to keep her calm and mentally stable to an extent. He is all in her head though, and a very small part of her deep down knows it, she just refuses to accept it. She isn't ready to.

She has strong fire resistance. Not complete immunity, but it will protect her for a good while.

Weaknesses: The aforementioned pyrophobia keeps her from practicing and learning to control her power, and she will avoid using it as much as possible. She can keep it together around small fires long enough for night to pass, but anything larger will make her start to unravel.

Since she is still a fairly young, traumatised child, she isn't physically strong, and her mental condition isn't the most stable. As her sanity breaks down, she will start talking to and interacting with Kade more and more.

Even though Kade is mostly created and maintained by her own mind, he is still a product of her deal with Maxwell and Them. Either one of them can distort him or his actions any time they please. (With this I am basically giving whoever has control over Them and/or Maxwell the opportunity to mess with her any time they want; they can make Kade say, do, or be in any situation they desire.))

• Like 2

(ARG! It won't let me edit! I forgot to add this bit to her weaknesses:

"Oh yeah, and she's partially blind. Pretty much all she can see is vague shapes and colors, so she can still get around somewhat, just not at a very good pace. It also makes it harder to recognize some dangers.")

• Like 1