Jan 9 Update: Turf!

So, some details Kevin has omitted:

1. Technically, the turf is already more than cosmetic. You cannot plant on a non-plantable terrain, regardless of whether it is Manufacturer Original or Custom. Stuff planted stays, but you can't put pinecones on a road space (I haven't tested grass, saplings, or bushes. Nor have I tested planting stuff on my newly turf'd bridges (I can definitely see building survival bridges with just enough of everything to restock between continents...)

2. Although the claim was made that the turf change is the only change, it appears that Birdcages have been tweaked. It looks like the non-specific seed output has either been killed or reduced to a minuscule fraction of what it was. I strongly suspect there's been an increase in the specific seed drop as well. Looks like they may have come down somewhere between the original settings and the last update. It seems to be exactly what I was hoping for.

3. The flint shovel can dig 200 units of turf (well, I didn't test this completely, but if it's not 200, it's awfully close) and can still dig out a stump at 1% (this might be considered an exploit, but if so, it's a really trivial one.)

Thanks, Kevin! Thanks Klei! Great mini-update!

The new turfs would look so much nicer on a new world where I can place everything according to the squares haha but it doesn't look bad on my current world. DAY 306 and going. I outlined my Camp with a nice road and im'a go check out the rock biome

For now atleast, who knows what it might do in the future.

Yep, the turf update might be (and probably is) laying down the framework for future updates involving the functionality of biome tiles.

Like Kevin said before, this update is just a tiny thing he has been working on by himself. The next update will definitely be bigger.

Yeah, I'm still getting a few regular seeds mixed in with the specific seeds. The number of specific seeds seems to be at least 2 per fruit. I hope so, in any case. That way there is always a benefit to feeding the bird.

EDIT: Nope, looks like the birdcage wasn't changed at all. Still getting about the same number of regular seeds and specific seeds.

Edited by AlphaEcks

Due to the recent update (more than just turf!), playing on Mac is broken. :(

The lack of right mouse button means we can't plant, the usual ctrl click does not right click.

I am sadface, and hope this is fixed Soon.

From a Mac/Chrome player.

• Developer

Due to the recent update (more than just turf!), playing on Mac is broken. :(

The lack of right mouse button means we can't plant, the usual ctrl click does not right click.

I am sadface, and hope this is fixed Soon.

From a Mac/Chrome player.

What kind of mouse do you have? On my mac mouse, you can do a right click by tapping it with two fingers at once.

What kind of mouse do you have? On my mac mouse, you can do a right click by tapping it with two fingers at once.

I'm on a trackpad, and thanks for the tip. Oops I did not know that option existed, that's me fixed, and something new learned today.

Kevin you're a legend.

Awesome that you can dig up roads!!!!

Before, I always felt like I had to place my base at a natural end of a road, but now I can set up my base anywhere and I can still be connected to the roads! :D

Really good update, even though its a mini-update!