Skin/Clothes Drops Issue...

Skin Drops  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Using console commands to get skin drops

• It's there as of now, why not utilize it? It's the most effective way to get Skin Drops
    • It's unethical and creates gameplay centered on getting drops
    • Meh, I feel indifferent... either way, I don't care
  2. 2. Do you use certain console commands to acquire drops?

• Yes, definitely.
    • No, absolutely not.
    • Well, I dabble... just on occasion
  3. 3. Trading (can choose more than one answer)

• You got those things from doing nothing in game? For Shame!!
    • You got those things from doing nothing in game? What do you want for that backpack? O__O
    • So I busted my water chestnuts to get this Classy Item... not gonna trade lol
    • So I busted my wall nuts to get this Classy Item... What do you want to trade it for?
    • I have a White T-shirt... do you have a red T-shirt? O__O
    • I'll trade you my Smallbird Backpack for 20 Regular Gloves O__O
    • Clothes? Where we're going, we don't need clothes O__O
    • I wanna show off my clothes that I got while I built my base /pose
    • I wanna show off my clothes that I got while I went to school irl... /pose
    • (Because rule of ten O__O) I wanna play... pls move O__O

Hmm...

So... I've been playing a little DST... but as usual, I do my best to get to day 10 with a fully furnished base... (Ugh, I sound like a bag of ze douches O__O) and have been getting skin drops quite... quickly now...

I don't know if it has something to do with my in-game actions or the amount of players in the server or is it about the time I play... I usually get these quick skin drops when I play in the morning... as I'm typing this, I have just exited a server from which I have received a red shirt after playing for only like... a few minutes... can anyone shed some light to this O__O

Hmm...

So... I've been playing a little DST... but as usual, I do my best to get to day 10 with a fully furnished base... (Ugh, I sound like a bag of ze douches O__O) and have been getting skin drops quite... quickly now...

I don't know if it has something to do with my in-game actions or the amount of players in the server or is it about the time I play... I usually get these quick skin drops when I play in the morning... as I'm typing this, I have just exited a server from which I have received a red shirt after playing for only like... a few minutes... can anyone shed some light to this O__O

You must've done the ritual correctly

• Developer

Hmm...

*points flashlight at your computer*

• Developer

@Asparagus, looks like you've been a bit lucky with the gifts (or maybe you completed the secret ritual correctly ;)) but generally things are working like we expect now. We've been fixing bugs on our end and listening to everyone's feedback. Thanks for all of your input!

can someone remove the "The Sad Side" from the title pls? it seems that just the first part would suffice...

Done! 

*looks @ PeterA's title*

HUZZAH!! THE RITUAL!!

THE RITUAL WORKS! IT MAKES SUPERNATURAL THINGS OCCUR!

I mean look JoeW's dishing out likes and titles to people it's like it ACTUALLY EXISTS

Also, I attempted the ritual but had too little health when I did it. Rest in pieces, past self.

Eh, they're purely cosmeticarrow-10x10.png items for the purpose of personalizing your character (remember? we all wanted tjhat!).

Who cares if somebody idles forever just to finally customize their character the way they want?

If anything, "dont hate the player, hate the game" seems pretty accurate.  Yeah, we wanted skins.

We didn't ask for a MMO-style carrot on a stick loot chase, however, which is exactly how frustrating waiting (not even actively hunting for a specific item, as it's all just random) for what you want can feel.

I personally feel the current system is kinda meh for the actual purpose that it was supposed to serve.  The concept is sound, but the methods of obtaining these skins should be adjusted, as well as more non-random methods of obtaining specific skins (achievements, bosses, events, etc).

Until then, godmode away guys, I don't mind.  You're just taking the path of least resistance in order to finally look the way you want instead of some weirdo piecing together the best outfit they could throw together w/in 5 mins at the local thrift store.

/shrug

Until then, godmode away guys, I don't mind.  You're just taking the path of least resistance in order to finally look the way you want instead of some weirdo piecing together the best outfit they could throw together w/in 5 mins at the local thrift store.  

Read all the things brah O__O 

Read all the things brah O__O 

I did. And?

You can still afk to the cap (and it's still the most efficient method) and nothing else about the system was addressed.

I don't like the way it's playing out, because of the reasons I stated.

Do you have some sort of issue w/ that?

@Weirdobob, I think that's the opposite of what Kenny is looking for.

Idk if somebody already suggested that, but it would be nice if when somebody in game types some console command, it will disable skin drops.

Probably something like c_give("...") or c_godmode() would solve this

Sorry, I'm notoriously known for not exactly being capable to effectively communicate my points :p

I mean that if these commands get entered, then that would disable skin drops for the user that entered them. Going in godmode is a way to idle, and giving yourself 10,000 mandrake soups and a thulecite club is a way to cheat dying as well.

• Developer

@Weirdobob, ahhh I understand now. We're still looking into that godmode issue, and we've made progress on it by making it so that you can get the max number of items in a week by playing a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately due to the game code being implemented in lua, there's nothing stopping any modder from just circumventing any checks that we'd do to check when a player enters a console command.

@Weirdobob, ahhh I understand now. We're still looking into that godmode issue, and we've made progress on it by making it so that you can get the max number of items in a week by playing a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately due to the game code being implemented in lua, there's nothing stopping any modder from just circumventing any checks that we'd do to check when a player enters a console command.

What is the maximum number of items a week? (4 items?) ;-)

Archived