Test or Regular Generation?

Which one do you prefer? I've yet to find a good world on either. I had one in regular with 5 bee hives yet ALL were killer bees. I had spent quite a large amount of time preparing to make my own bee hives for honey. None i have found on test have gotten me far. Usually the beefalo field is isolated from the rest of the world on test, yet the different biomes are a ton further apart on regular.

I saw someone with connecting biomes with no walk in between (at least it looked like so). Which generation method should i try to use to spawn a good world? is there any way to make a world with no pathway in between the biomes?

Why doesn't chrome think biome is a word?

If you kill the killer bees but not destroy the bee hive, regular bees will spawn in their place.

Default is more reliable, but less interesting. Test makes all sorts of weird stuff happen. I had a Test world that had over 25 islands, and another Test world that had only 4 islands, 3 swamp and 1 forest. If you're going for actually surviving, go with Default. Test is more of a risky novelty than anything right now.

I find it fairly easy to survive on either. Default generation is certainly much nicer but it can be cruel (ultra small beginner islands). I like to switch between both each time I play. Test is crazy. You get massive worlds sometimes pig houses and bee hives spawn in the ocean, hundreds of spider nests and yes the lack of a pig king gets annoying but the biome meshing doesn't really work well. I've found they tend be split into different islands more often than default.

Go with either. I have survived long on both types. There is not such a big need for gold in the game. Its not like there's an assault rifle shop that only takes gold nuggets as currency in the game. I've only found Chester in the default built because I haven't tried it on test yet, so there is something to consider. I actually like test better because sometime you find a nice fork between all biomes to make base rather than settling for 1 or 2. I always settle next to tallbird nests, but like to be near other resources. The bridges also seem shorter between certain islands in the test built and more round-about. Bridges between island are much longer in default builds.

I started a new game not long ago with the test map and i like it a lot, the map is HUGE. The only bad side imo is the spiders which i have over 100 on my map. Not having a pig king i actually like because this way gold is actually a valuable resource. With the pig king its too easy to get

I liked Test as it seemed more random. I didn't like the zig zag paths (sometimes it was hard to tell where they went and you waste a lot of time getting between islands). In default the configuration seems to be very similar a lot of the time which can get boring. Also don't like it when there are really long bridges between islands. Sticking with default for the moment though as I seem to survive longer.